Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

BeeRunB

Damaris- 6 marathons!  You like to travel, and run!  

Damaris is one of our resident endurance deities, Dan. Just sit back and enjoy the reports.Cool

TODAY:

Just got back from a vacation in NYC. Did a ton of walking, standing, and stairs. What a city! My resting heart rate was a bit high today, so I did a recovery run and walk.

1:35:00

5.02 miles.

--JimmyCool

p.s. Saw Van Gogh's Starry Night painting at the MOMA. Dream come true, as it is my one of favorite paintings.

My parody of it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Bahaha.  Thanks, Jimmy!

6 miles, 5 with hubby at around 130HR and 1 solo at 152HR.  Taper has started.  Eeek!

Damaris

wanderingoutlaw

Haven't been reporting on here in a while, but I wasn't running much during the summer.  I started back a few weeks ago running a little more and starting to increase my weekly running volume (both time and distance).  Signed up for a marathon in late February--Black Mountain Marathon.

Only had time for my short route this morning. 2.4 miles.  Than an extra 0.8 miles (probably above MAF) an hour later when I had to run to and from the gas station with a 1 gallon can when my wife's car wouldn't start due to low fuel level.

Hopefully I'll be able to run a MAF test later in the week--it's been a while since my last one.

John

BeeRunB

1:35:00

5.12 miles

Cool

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Work is getting in the way of walking. Hope to get in a few miles tomorrow. On -call this week ( after hours). Keep up the good miles everyone.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Date: 10/7/2013 4:40 AM
              Type: walk
              Distance: 2 miles
              Duration: 31:55.22
              Pace: 15:58 / mile
              Equipment: adidas Response Trail 17 (Orange)
              Weight: 157.0 lb
              Heart Rate: Average: 102 / Max: 126
              statistics: Calories: 237

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Tapering here with nothing much to report, except hubby did his first 6 miler ever with me along it.  I figure my hubby miles at 10bpms below MAF can only help, right?

Damaris

BeeRunB

1:54:00

6.42 miles

(run 4.62)

zone 115-120 bpm

--JimmyCool

BeeRunB

9 miles

2:47:00

Have a great weekend!

--JimmyCool

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Cool temps and rest make a big difference

12.5 miles HR 106 / 133

3:12:09 pain free

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

5.6 mile walk / 3 mile run / 0.4  mile C/D = 9 miles

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Chasing the bus

I'm still here, or maybe I'm back? Oh well. Trying to get into my winter sched. Better this week, 25 miles. Three months of slacking has NOT done my MAF pace any favors. Oh well. My goal is to build to a consistant 40+ MPW, and hjopefully increase my MAF pace this winter, but mostly to keep running.

Have a good week, all!

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                          Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Sorry I have been MIA.  With the government shutdown and taper, I've spent a long time sitting and doing nothing but fret.  I DNFd Chicago due to psoas pain.  I did my first test run today (6 miles) and it went well.  Shows that it was the best decision to quit then and not injure myself.  My HR was also super high even on the easy warmup miles, so my body sure didn't want to run Chicago on Sunday.

On to MCM, I guess.

Damaris

BeeRunB

Hi, guys.  Sorry I have been MIA.  With the government shutdown and taper, I've spent a long time sitting and doing nothing but fret.  I DNFd Chicago due to psoas pain.  I did my first test run today (6 miles) and it went well.  Shows that it was the best decision to quit then and not injure myself.  My HR was also super high even on the easy warmup miles, so my body sure didn't want to run Chicago on Sunday.

On to MCM, I guess.

Wise decision, Damaris. Glad it went well today during the test run. Hope the government gets up and running soon.

TODAY:

6.65 miles

2:02:00

--JimmyCool

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Damaris smart move!

3 miles HR monitor way off .

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter