3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Walk-Jogger

Interesting workout.

You forgot the quotes: "Interesting" workout.  

One of these days I have to get serious about this running thing, and do some base-building. I've never really gotten around to doing any.

Congrats on the 17 miles with pain-free hamstrings.

Retired &  Loving It

Walk-Jogger

Bloody hell man.  I've done 25 but you got me.

Spaniel,  I'd bet real money your 25 were helluva lot faster than mine were.

Retired &  Loving It

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel,  I'd bet real money your 25 were helluva lot faster than mine were.

72 down to 66.  60sec jog recovery.  Come to think of it, we mis-counted and ended up doing 26.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

The shirtless wonder

Hi.  I'm Greg.  There, now we know each other.

I had a very bad workout in the middle the week.  I was supposed to do 5x800.  It didn't really happen and I was a bit bummed.  This is a cut-back week for me.  I was supposed to do 14 easy miles for my "long" on Sunday.  I felt surprisingly good so I kept going faster and faster.  I felt a bit guilty/worried that I was breaking the spirit of the training plan by running hard on an easy day.  Regardless, it was one of the best workouts I've had in weeks.

It was on a treadmill.  At the end of each song I increased by 0.1 mile until I was nearly at marathon pace.  Then I ran a mile or so at, roughly, tempo pace.  Then I backed off for about a mile.  I finished the last mile at faster than tempo pace.

Carry on.

Feeling the growl again

Welcome.   We need people to keep this thread alive because it will be awhile before I can contribute!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Greg.. nice work out there..

My running has been interesting to say the least. But got out there for 3 miles in 17:30 the other day. First 2 miles were into the wind!

And we run because we like it
              Through the broad bright land

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I went on some long slog where I kept having to make Trent stop so I could eat some peanut butter sandwich before I passed out from too much jogging and too little eating & drinking. Good thing that's what the traditional plans call for, on a taper.

Fun times!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

I went on some long slog where I kept having to make Trent stop so I could eat some peanut butter sandwich before I passed out from too much jogging and too little eating & drinking. Good thing that's what the traditional plans call for, on a taper.

Fun times!

If you had 18 inch calves from drinking 8 beers a night you would not have this problem.

But the 8 beers need to be unique, if you repeat...EVER....you lose the benefits.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Running sure is stupid. But AP, he's okay.

Feeling the growl again

Running sure is stupid. But AP, he's okay.

+1.  Lsst time I ran any significant mileage outdoors was with him.  But it was not 18 miles.  We did not have Rock Creek Park either.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

We did not run 18 miles yesterday either.

Feeling the growl again

We did not run 18 miles yesterday either.

It looks like you did, then turned around and almost made it back.

It took some time for Garmin to wakeup, but I started my workout anyway. I think it was about 7-8 min with no pace ( I would guess low 6's. Then managed 20 min at about 555 pace.

Next had the misfortune of being declared a running addict by DW. Im not sure how this will change the future, but it sucks. Im sure Im pointing this out to the wrong crowd, but my running schedule is not excessive.

Mon - 45 min

Tues - 2 x 20 min commute to and from work

Wed - 2 x 20 min commute to and from work

Thur - 45 min

Fri - 60 min lunch run w/friends

Sat - off

Sun - 45 min

And we run because we like it
                            Through the broad bright land

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That's pretty nice how you have a commute in there.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

Next had the misfortune of being declared a running addict by DW. Im not sure how this will change the future, but it sucks. Im sure Im pointing this out to the wrong crowd, but my running schedule is not excessive.

When DW and I were getting to the point of thinking it may be a long term thing, I told her never to think that either of two things was going to change; if she could not accept them we should call it off then and there:

1)  I would run.  Pretty much every day, and a lot.  And I would talk about it nonstop.

2)  I would hunt.

I still get that "you must be the strangest man on earth" look from time to time...moreso when I was a real runner...but I figure I warned her.