Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #3 (Read 33 times)

Cyberic

And amused that apparently I am a doper.

Same here. Not only was my sub3 marathon run on a cheater course, I had a small cold and took some sinus clearing medicine the morning of the competition. Containing pseudoephedrine, most probably. Maybe I should start saying my PR is 3:00 and not 2:59.

LRB

I feel like anytime someone says they’ve come down with something, the required response is “Did you get a flu shot?!” But we’ve already been through that. Feel better!!

Not every virus is flu!

LRB

The sub-3 thread on the main forum has reinvented itself into a marathon training thread. Most people seem to be the old sub-3 posters, and there seems to be "rules" to post there (intro of yourself, post weeklies of your training... ).

I see Lauren has introduced herself, and since DaveP and Baboon have commented, I can see I'm not the only one who has been reading the thread.

I don't know if I'll go with an introduction and participate, maybe I should but the sharpness of the answers there sometimes is a little heavy, but I'll be following the thread for a while. Maybe I'll find some useful stuff or get some entertainment out of it.

Haven't been there today but read it yesterday. Unlikely I will post and unlikely-er I will keep up with the thing. I didn't read either of the other two threads so to combine them into one doubles the chances I won't this time, not that anything I have to say would matter anyway. No different than here. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yeah I read her answer. I dunno about you guys down South, but I've never heard of anyone "amateur" getting tested. I'd tell anybody wanting to test me to suck it. I'm not getting my blood tested for a stupid race. That is so... over the top for me.

Where it could, but not likely, happen for those of us on here is if you do a race that doubles as a USATF championship. There's a long list of conditions, such as joining USATF, wearing age numbers, etc and you have to agree to the possibility of drug testing.  Someone on a different forum became a USATF member for a 100 mile race and placed, don't think there was any drug testing. But it would have to be a conscious decision to join and notify the race or official you are competing in the USATF part. If you registered as a regular AG runner, these conditions wouldn't apply (and you wouldn't "count" in the USATF part).

I'm sure as shit not going to stress about doing small local races (heck, it was work sponsored) after taking Claritin D. OMG, I cheated at my work 5k. I should be DQed and fired immediately.

LRB

After only 3.5 hours sleep last night, today's run was surprisingly good. I did 6.2 miles on a damp and dreary day. No cold for me, but my sinuses have been going crazy lately.

Nice. I got 4 hours of sleep and my run SUCKED. I woke up at 2:00 then tossed and turned for 3 hours and just never felt right. Blah.

LRB

I ran 10. It’s a cutback week for me. I felt pretty good and thought about going a couple miles more but decided against it

How's the arch and heel pain? Are you over it all?

LRB

I am thinking about taking 2-3 days off to rest my sore hammy. I could probably push through, but maybe a good idea to give it a break. The fact that it never loosened up throughout the run yesterday I guess should be a sign.

#prudence

LRB

This is day 6 of no running, bronchitis sucks.  I worked from home most of the week due to the uncontrollable coughing fits, but am feeling better and back in the office today. If the coughing continues to subside throughout the afternoon, then I'll try to run tomorrow.

Take care of yourself. I wanna see you in Chicago raring to go!

LRB

Can we make it to #365 with this as a topic title?

Not with FS lurking in the weeds. lol

I see now that you've already answered my A bib query, so disregard that. I think the clear and obvious choice is the 4 miler. Why is this even up for discussion??

Runshortii

How's the arch and heel pain? Are you over it all?

I don’t want to jinx it, but I think so. I still roll it because I’m paranoid if I forget about it it’ll show up again, but yes the heel has been good. Sometimes at work I’ll still get soreness in it but it’s more of a chronic soreness and it doesn’t bother me on runs. If I press on the medial aspect of my heel though it’s always still tender but it doesn’t hurt to jump or run so I’m just gonna ignore it.  I even started running in the Ghosts again which I was originally transitioning to when the heel problem started, but was worried that caused it so I stopped. My feet have felt good in the ghosts though and the arch tightness has subsided mostly since I stopped wearing my hokas

DavePNW

I think the clear and obvious choice is the 4 miler. Why is this even up for discussion??

So many factors to consider!! I am imagining Chidi on The Good Place, for anyone who watches that.

Dave

KCRuns

Take care of yourself. I wanna see you in Chicago raring to go!

I can’t wait!

sdWhiskers

So many factors to consider!! I am imagining Chidi on The Good Place, for anyone who watches that.

Lol yes!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran the 8, partly with hubby. Every time I passed him while he did his walk break, I said "toepick" like which late 90s movie?

Unfortunately, I wore the Bondis which are heavy AF and I felt like someone had put cement blocks on my shoes all the way. Apart from that, it was a good run. Foggy, drizzly, 46F and no wind.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Has anyone raced a 7 miler? It's a weird distance but I have one of those on the 2nd. It's a free race (so I assume there are no perks) with the price being to bring at least 1 can for the food pantry it benefits. I'll try to bring more than one.

Damaris