Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #5 (Read 36 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And how does that work???

You press certain buttons and it calibrates on its own. It runs the whole program from the Sole to calibrate the belt. You have to do it when you first buy it and after each lubrication of the belt.

Damaris

KCRuns

I just finished making 2 batches of fudge, one with pecans and one without, to give to my bosses as a holiday gift (I’ve been off or sick so this is the first chance to make them something). It turned out soooo good, I’m sad to be giving it away.  But I guess all those calories will be better at their house than mine.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I just finished making 2 batches of fudge, one with pecans and one without, to give to my bosses as a holiday gift (I’ve been off or sick so this is the first chance to make them something). It turned out soooo good, I’m sad to be giving it away.  But I guess all those calories will be better at their house than mine.

Fudges freezes pretty well, I wrap it in wax paper so it doesn't stick.

Cyberic

You press certain buttons and it calibrates on its own. It runs the whole program from the Sole to calibrate the belt. You have to do it when you first buy it and after each lubrication of the belt.

That sure is handy!

KCRuns

Fudges freezes pretty well, I wrap it in wax paper so it doesn't stick.

I’ll have to try that next time. This time I’m giving it all away, except 5-6 rejects (uneven pieces) that DH will eat.

RunningOnSand

I am utterrly exhausted & haven't slept well in a few weeks. DH and I are furious with BIL, his helping has been minimal through everything. Who goes on vacation 2 days after their dad dies? But we're done & home, so guess that's good. DH will likely drive up mid week to help out with whatever needs to be done.

Sad I remember you talking about BIL, now. That sucks he’s not being more involved. I hope you guys are able to start getting better sleep, and some down time.

RunningOnSand

Oh ok. I bought mine primarily for accurate measurements at the indoor track and if that hadn't been pretty much spot on I would have returned it

I have an indoor track I can test it on—I’ll probs do that too. I’m really interested in the power metrics. Well, and the foot pod. I guess I need to calibrate my TM.

RunningOnSand

You have to calibrate the TM when you get it. Mine is on auto calibrate. The difference was 11mm vs 15mm after the calibration. They don’t come calibrated especially after being shipped and abused on the way.

I literally had no idea. Thanks for the tip; I’ll look into that!

Little Blue

And some of them forget how the forum works. 

We have shity Spectrum internet service where we're living, and I thought it didn't post, so I posted it twice.

LRB

Might be on the pod, dude. Look up how to get your runs from it. It autodetects runs and records everything, Garmin or not.

I got it, thanks! Although the individual laps aren't there, every other metric appears to be. The 6 week collection phase with this thing is such an laborious process, the thought of losing a speed session, no matter how underwhelming, is absolutely devastating.

Now I'll have to figure out how that happened. I took an update from GC (to 4.0 I think) that may have removed Stryd Zones from my watch and app, because neither were there anymore.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mine disappeared at some point and I had to download them again, so maybe that was it.

Damaris