Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Back to Business (Read 37 times)

LRB

I'm in the minor leagues on #Insta as well but have never had an issue with it. My posts are a snapshot of a moment in time of my life, and while getting 362,789 likes would be nice I'm just not that important enough so it's cool. 

GinnyinPA

How have you been feeling lately?

Good on short runs, still having problems on the long ones. My body seems to be good for an hour, then it falls apart. If I do a spring marathon, I'll need to start training in December, probably, and I'm not sure my body will let me. OTOH, I do much better when it's cold.

RunningOnSand

Good on short runs, still having problems on the long ones. My body seems to be good for an hour, then it falls apart. If I do a spring marathon, I'll need to start training in December, probably, and I'm not sure my body will let me. OTOH, I do much better when it's cold.

Do you want to do a spring marathon? Hoping that you start to feel better.

GinnyinPA

I wanted to do a fall marathon, but the way my body was behaving, that wasn't going to happen unless I was willing to walk a lot. Having a race gives my running a purpose.  It sometimes feels pointless to try to maintain 40 mpw when I'm not going to be training for something soon. At the same time, I don't like racing when I know I won't do well and doing long runs when my body fights me every step isn't worth it.

RunningOnSand

I wanted to do a fall marathon, but the way my body was behaving, that wasn't going to happen unless I was willing to walk a lot. Having a race gives my running a purpose.  It sometimes feels pointless to try to maintain 40 mpw when I'm not going to be training for something soon. At the same time, I don't like racing when I know I won't do well and doing long runs when my body fights me every step isn't worth it.

I can totally relate. Hang in there. I hope this is a momentary thing for you.