Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday is The Answer (Read 44 times)

LRB

Cyberic

Slept in to 6:30, as predicted. I woke up many times during the night, all sweaty and had a hard time going back to sleep. So I slept in, but am still not rested (to my liking) this morning. So my run will happen in the heat.

Baboon

delicate flower

Slept in to 6:30, as predicted. I woke up many times during the night, all sweaty and had a hard time going back to sleep. So I slept in, but am still not rested (to my liking) this morning. So my run will happen in the heat.

Have you experienced that before?  It happens to me sometimes during peak marathon training, along with sudden painful foot cramps that wake me out of a dead sleep.  Just comes with the territory, I suppose.

Happy September!  Since it is now September already, where the heck are the dry 50 degrees days?  I WANT THAT.  As it is, today's 60 minute tempo run will be done in 88 degree humidity this afternoon.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That's it, I'm going to the Convenient Care Center for the shot or whatever they give for this poison ivy shit, it's getting worse. I ran 5.2 miles this morning, it's not my quad muscle but the pain I am feeling is exactly where some of the worse parts of poison ivy are  This is bullshit!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I ran around in circles at the track.

7.25 total.

Little Blue

I've never had poison ivy cause actual pain, and I've had it a bunch.  Yep, time to visit the doc.

RD for me. Walk with my friend.

LRB

Have you experienced that before?  It happens to me sometimes during peak marathon training, along with sudden painful foot cramps that wake me out of a dead sleep.  Just comes with the territory, I suppose.

Yes, I sleep with a fan (I like the noise) so the airflow cuts down on the sweating but I get shooting pains all over my body some nights. In fact, I was convinced my shin was going to get amputated one night earlier this spring it got so bad!

There is no rhyme or reason to it, just the body repairing itself.

Cyberic

The not sleeping part happens to me often, but the sweating?? Happened before, but can't remember the circumstances. Happened to me during supper yesterday, too. Started to sweat abnormally. It passed after about 15 minutes. I think I'm walking a thin line here. Thankfully I'm all done with long runs for this cycle, and training starts slowing down from here.

bluerun

Super B****

5 easy AlterG miles.  And I do mean easy.  (That counts as not "overdoing it," right??  I'm already sick of this.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Mmmmm...beer

Good mroning everyone!

Ended up with about 11.5 miles total yesterday, plus a great UTBF workout, including 2.5min, 3min, and 4min planks (with leg lifts and climbers and other fun stuff).  Not nearly as sore as I was last week, so that's good.

Slept in this morning, so I'll run this evening after work.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've  never had pain from it either, til now 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Hope everyone has a great day!!

A co-worker made a heath bar cake and brought it in. Everyone knows I love so it was quite the show when I came in. lol

My knees buckled while eating that first piece!

You Rang?

A co-worker made a heath bar cake and brought it in. Everyone knows I love so it was quite the show when I came in. lol

Recipe!  STAT!

No running for me today.  My wife and I will spend about an hour swimming from one side of a 50 meter pool to the other after work and dinner.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

bluerun

Super B****

Is that the Food Talk of the Day?  Cake? 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

cjones1

Is that the Food Talk of the Day?  Cake? 

It just takes one mention on page 1, and the avalanche starts.

I'm going to come by some morning and just drop a one word post that says "Bacon" and watch the hilarity ensue. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)