Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 38 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Stupid that I have to pop into work for like three hours today, but hey, whatever.

8 on the AlterG with 3x1200 @HMP, 3x1200 @MP. Need lots and lots and lots of sleep. I don't think there are enough hours in the day and night for the amount of sleep I need.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Never ran yesterday and I have an RD today as I'm meeting Mary to watch her daughter compete in track or cross country near my house then dinner with her family.  So excited I get to see her!

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Morning! Never ran yesterday and I have an RD today as I'm meeting Mary to watch her daughter compete in track or cross country near my house then dinner with her family.  So excited I get to see her!

Tell her I said hello and we missed her at North Coast 24.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

From the Internet.

Morning!

Woke up super early because the dog had to pee and said "no thx" to staying awake and running, so shuffling my plans for the week back to what I was originally going to do. Track tomorrow AM, probably will just roll out of bed and run by myself since husband has an early meeting but I'll hold out hope that I might get to go to the club workout; easy Thurs, just a few at MP on Friday to stay in touch with the effort followed by a few strides for turnover.

Today would normally be easy MLR, I'll cut it a bit short and run ~8ish if I'm feeling good, fewer if I'm feeling lazy.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

ran an easy 6. hammies were stiff to start and got a little better as the run progressed but it was a slog.  Went easy on the stretches/exercises after and didn't foam roll.  Legs feel less sore now than yesterday...

have a good one (or two)!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Tell her I said hello and we missed her at North Coast 24.

I will.

Damaris

LRB

I ran 4.

It was my shortest run in forever and basically a recovery jog from yesterday's torture session with Tammy.

I still woke up at my usual run time because my brain is a stupid ass fart face. So with the extra time, I perused the interwebz for some past experiences of New York. Man, that was sobering! Awful, brutal and a mammoth mind fuck were just a few of the descriptions of the latter stages of the race. One person said of First Avenue, which apparently is a 4 mile straightaway beginning at mile 16 ish that "seemingly goes on forever", that those miles were the most soul destroying part of the race.

Geez, I would've been better off running. lol

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 4.

It was my shortest run in forever and basically a recovery jog from yesterday's torture session with Tammy.

I still woke up at my usual run time because my brain is a stupid ass fart face. So with the extra time, I perused the interwebz for some past experiences of New York. Man, that was sobering! Awful, brutal and a mammoth mind fuck were just a few of the descriptions of the latter stages of the race. One person said of First Avenue, which apparently is a 4 mile straightaway beginning at mile 16 ish that "seemingly goes on forever", that those miles were the most soul destroying part of the race.

I may be a bit biased, but I loved NYC (which, if you recall, I never even wanted to run). You can read my experience of it, it doesn't bitch about how terrible the course is!

chasing the impossible

onemile

I ran 4.

the incline going up 5th ave (around mile 22) = death

LRB

I may be a bit biased, but I loved NYC (which, if you recall, I never even wanted to run). You can read my experience of it, it doesn't bitch about how terrible the course is!

do recall. And I also recall you not having much of an issue with the Jerusalem course, which looks like a cardio graph of someone on acid. lol

LRB

the incline going up 5th ave (around mile 22) = death

That seemed to be the consensus! 

bluerun

Super B****

do recall. And I also recall you not having much of an issue with the Jerusalem course, which looks like a cardio graph of someone on acid. lol

Whaaaat? I never said that, Jerusalem is HARD. I've run over three dozen HMs, though some of them were repeats so let's say two dozen different courses, and Jerusalem is definitely the worst. (Actually, no -- that trail half I did this past July was worse, but trails are another story entirely.) It's still one of my favorite races, but that doesn't mean it's not hard. Doesn't help that the cruelest ascent is sadistically placed at mile 12...

MTA

chasing the impossible

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jetta and I got 7.3 miles this morning, it was a gorgeous and cold 46 degrees out.

I am now sure that the humid heat was slowing Jetta down, because this morning she was all out the whole time.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My response to Ginny and Onemile on yesterday's dailies.

GinnyinPA - you already know lol, it's in your head.

Jetta is not aloof with strangers. She is intimidating and loud, but not aloof. Well, if a stranger tries to coax her to come then yes she will avoid them and bark at them but if it's on her terms she'll run right at them which I'm sure is frightening to the stranger 

The only way to shut her up is to continue petting her, the moment you stop she resumes barking loudly and trying to put your hand in her mouth. She is the bossiest brat I've ever dealt with.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

I ran 4.

You could have just read onemile’s RR.

10 miles with 6x800m + 3x200m.

Dave