Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #204 (Read 25 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

3.8 recovery miles this morning. about 70 degrees with mid-90s humidity. I think my weather app said the DP was 67. A bit steamy feeling...

1.4 Road crown in parking lot, slow.  Weaved down and back the lot twice so I’m calling at the ‘Arthur Lydiard  shoe lacing route’

Followed by 40 minute pool Ron and 20 minutes back and breast.
      The back lot at the rec center is actually for the golf course and driving range which don’t open till seven so the lot is completely empty early morning

Half Crazy K 2.0

Detroit, you're on the clock now. Baltimore Running Fesitval just sent out an e-mail that they are going entirely virtual. Took them long enough.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Detroit, you're on the clock now. Baltimore Running Fesitval just sent out an e-mail that they are going entirely virtual. Took them long enough.

Detroit remains uncancelled...tougher than the rest! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Registration is still open!

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Half Crazy K 2.0

DaffyDuck, your parking lot loops look a lot neater than mine

onemile

I ran 10

https://gwbm.dcroadrunners.org/information-for-runners/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! It was raining and 69F so I headed outside. It stopped raining, the sun came out and I died a little but ran 3 outside. It felt good. I'll do 11 on the TM after work (unless we get another storm).

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Daffy Duck, I have considered that race a few times. I grew up in laurel and used to bike around the Beltsville Ag Center on a regular basis. The weather scares me off though--there's either going to be 2 feeet or snow or 80 degrees.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Quote from wolvmar on 7/22/2020 at 8:49 AM:

Registration is still open!

Daffy Duck, I have considered that race a few times. I grew up in laurel and used to bike around the Beltsville Ag Center on a regular basis. The weather scares me off though--there's either going to be 2 feeet or snow or 80 degrees.

... and Feb is always going for ice storms.

hmm, how bumpy would the course be?

Half Crazy K 2.0

... and Feb is always going for ice storms.

hmm, how bumpy would the course be?

It's been 25 years since I lived down that way. From what I remember, the ag center roads used to be really nice for road biking. Nice shoulder, relatively smooth, very little traffic on Sunday mornings. That all could have changed.

As a kid, we took school trips to a science center in PG county and the buses would go through the ag center. Often there would be some X rated animal action going on.

ETA, looking at this year's results, there were just under 200 in the full. Maybe there is a chance it can happen.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I ran that way back in 1995 looking for a BQ for the 100th Boston Marathon.  Ended up with a DNF because of stomach cramps, but IIRC the weather was near perfect.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Baboon

delicate flower

All day my work laptop for the new job chimes and boops and beeps, and I look at it and there are no notifications or popup reminders or anything appearing on my screen or monitors, and I'm like bruh what do you want!?

<3