Beginners and Beyond

Veterans Day MonDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

Good morning.

We are currently experiencing our first major snowfall of the season. I can't recall it ever snowing this damn early in November so I'll have to check on that...

Anyhoo, see a vet, thank a vet or attend a gathering if your schedule allows it. I don't have anything patriotic to run in in these temps so I'll just run with my heart. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning πŸ™‚ wonder if its raining in Indy... either way I'm glad we decided to leave yesterday instead of today, we were all so freaking happy to be home.

Got up and went to the gym this morning, my calves are tight AF and my right knee is achy but other than that I'm feeling pretty damn good.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

We are currently experiencing our first major snowfall of the season. I can't recall it ever snowing this damn early in November so I'll have to check on that...

snow here too. Ugh.  I spent 6 hours driving my niece home in a blizzard yesterday evening.  traffic was no faster than 40mph and I saw at least a half dozen cars in the ditch.

LRB

snow here too. Ugh.  I spent 6 hours driving my niece home in a blizzard yesterday evening.  traffic was no faster than 40mph and I saw at least a half dozen cars in the ditch.

Are we headed for the winter of hell? I sure hope not because technically winter isn't even here yet!

onemile

Are we headed for the winter of hell? I sure hope not because technically winter isn't even here yet!

last year we had a BAD November and a mild December (much nicer) so I am hoping for the same.

Cyberic

First snow (wet snow doesn't count) of the year. It's 21 degrees, so it's real snow.

My footing was hesitant in the first miles, but already starting to get the hang of it again.

Broke in my first pair of running mittens this morning. Gloves would have been fine, but wanted to try them.

LRB

last year we had a BAD November and a mild December (much nicer) so I am hoping for the same.

Last December was a gift from above (literally, as nothing fell)...for running anyway.

LRB

First snow (wet snow doesn't count) of the year. It's 21 degrees, so it's real snow.

My footing was hesitant in the first miles, but already starting to get the hang of it again.

Broke in my first pair of running mittens this morning. Gloves would have been fine, but wanted to try them.

I tried on a few pairs the other day but nothing screamed, omg I have to have these. It appeared the better ones came almost halfway up the forearms. Not sure I need that...yet anyway!

onemile

Last December was a gift from above (literally, as nothing fell)...for running anyway.

I could really use another gift. Especially if I am supposed to run double digits every day

bluerun

Super B****

I RAN!! 5 miles, and my watch gave me a performance condition of -13 within the first few minutes. Lovely. I improved to -3 by the end, so yay? My training status now says "no status." I must be dead.

The idea of running a HM this weekend is hilarious because I kind of feel like I've never run before in my life. But at least no snow!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

I tried on a few pairs the other day but nothing screamed, omg I have to have these. It appeared the better ones came almost halfway up the forearms. Not sure I need that...yet anyway!

The ones I got are nothing special. Just cheapish fleece mittens. The woman was shopping for winter stuff for her and the kids, and she asked me to try on mittens and gloves to see if they'd fit our son (he has almost axactly my frame). While doing so, I saw the mittens and they seemed pretty good for the price (15 CDN, so about $11.50 USD).

Half Crazy K 2.0

LRB, in MD, there was an infamous Veteran's day snowstorm in 1987 (had to Google the year). We got almost a foot of snow, no one was prepared,  many kids had to spend the night at schools.  I lived less than a half mile from our school,  so that didn't effect me.

LRB

I could really use another gift. Especially if I am supposed to run double digits every day

Really!

LRB

I RAN!! 5 miles, and my watch gave me a performance condition of -13 within the first few minutes. Lovely. I improved to -3 by the end, so yay? My training status now says "no status." I must be dead.

lol - Can I laugh at that? Oops, I already did. (it was funny!)

Mine doesn't upgrade my condition until the next run, so at least you have that going for you!

What's your goal for the half? 1:28 ish?

DavePNW

Those could serve double duty, for when you want to play with your pet falcons.

I am feeling really beat up this morning. I am about to go for a short run, and it’s going to suck.

Dave