Masters Running

Hump Day - March 16 (Read 462 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Morning All!

I'm going to have to go back and read the rest of yesterday's thread later on.   Lots of information to catch up on.    I did a quick scan to see if JLynne reported about her PT appointment, but no.    We need baby news too girlfren!

Out for 4 miles with Brinkley this morning.    I wanted to take it easy, and that was accomplished since my legs were simply heavy weights.   10:18 avg. pace / 153 avg. HR (which is good for me!).     Clear skies, bright moon and above freezing temps.    I even heard a couple of birds singing.

Happy Hump Day!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Jlynne

Good morning Mary and all to follow. Aren't these spring mornings worth putting up with 6 months of winter? Big grin Glad your mom is going to be okay. At age 94, she must be doing a lot of things right! Nice run with your 4-legged friend this morning.

Dive - thanks for your input yesterday. There is just no good news in Japan right now. The only bright spot is they continue to find survivors.

Happy 29th Carolyn! May there be at least 29 more.

A belated welcome to Mike. You'll like it here - lots of crazy runners.

All systems clear!!!! I got the green light from my PT yesterday to start running again, though SLOWLY. I'm soooooo excited! I did 5 miles on the eliptical this morning, then ran 1/2 a mile, which is where he told me to start. Everything felt great so tomorrow I can run 1 mile, then stay there for a few days and continue to build back slowly. It was a fascinating appt - told me my gait was off and my strides were too short which is putting added stress on my back and legs. He's got me working on a few things but hopefully I'll be running like Forrest Gump soon!

My DIL and son are at the hospital as I type. Scheduled to start things at 7:00 AM. I'm hoping this labor goes quickly for her. I'll keep you posted!

Good news from the PT Jlynne!  That would be exciting!

3.5 easy miles this morning at just under 10 minute mile pace.  The back tightened up a little yesterday after my run.  So I just wanted to take it nice and easy and get a few miles in.

I feel like a newbie runner, with all the lost time, injuries, sickness, and lost conditioning since November.  I don't really have any Goal races till the middle of June.  So my plan is to build up slowly through the end of April, just concentrating on getting the mileage up without worrying about pace.  I'll probably throw some striders in and maybe an occasional fartlek run.  But I'd like to build up to 40 miles a week with maybe a 13 miler as the longest run.

Then in May, add in some tempo runs and speed work.  I'd like to run a 5K or 10K most every weekend throughout May and into June to try to get some semblance of race readiness at the 10K length.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Renee the dog

I went to bed at 1 a.m. after my Hawaiian Sunrise Bread was done.  Even on the local 11 o'clock news, it was supposed to be a drencher today, so I didn't set my alarm.  All I'm seeing is blue sky and sunlight here!  That's some powerful Sunrise Bread, don' cha think? Wink

Got 2000 yards in for our hour of masters' swim practice last night.  I didn't get started on the bread (and turkey chili for tonight's dinner) until 9 p.m., hence the late hour overall. 

JLynne is cleared and Bill is building a base!  I declare winter over and done with!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Jeanne - good to hear that you can get out there again.

Lifting and spinning this morning.  Tomorrow, the gym is offering a training class (for the new instructor) in spin called RPM.  It's supposed to be geared towards outside riders.  I think I'll be one of the guinea pigs in the class.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Great news JLynne!    Can't wait to hear about the new grandbaby now!

Exciting news for Byll too - ramp it up!!

Very powerful bread Nono .... maybe you should share the recipe?

You'll make a great guinea pig PBJ.

Happy 29th anniversary Carolyn!

Have a greta day everyone.  Smile

~Mary

~unknown

Slo

That is great news Jlynne !

Nice plan Bill, enjoy the build up.

9 and some change this morning. I did long hill repeats.

Lots going on at work today. Hopefully I'll have an opportunity to check in later.

...YAY jlynne//....

...before

you get started,

write a letter to yourself so you'll remember HOW BAD it was when you couldn't run

and

what you're gonna do Different THIS time....

I can

send you

some of mine.

would you like Volume VII or Volume VIII??

...............Good Running to ya

=========

........22min poolrun

....................5th streetrun tomorrow............ohboyohboy

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Rats!  Thought I might have a shot at starting the daily!  But I got beat to it.  By quite a bit too!  Cry  I have had very spotty internet service this trip.  Not that it would have mattered anyway.  I am at a conference and they seem to have things that I have to attend scheduled every free minute I might hope to have.  Dinner is at 8pm!  I am dying by then.  Dead  Anyway this all a long way to explain why there are limited shout outs to all of you today from me. I just skimmed the end of yesterday's daily.

Wildchild congratulations on your wedding anniversary.  May you have many more happy years together.

I saw a few of the notes about Japan.  It sounds horrible.  Like all of you I feel for them.  The one bright side is that they are a wealthy technologically advanced country.  Every bit of data on disasters says that helps more than anything else you can think up.  I am sure this will not turn into the kind of humanitarian disaster we have seen from much lesser disasters elsewhere.  Nevertheless, like everyone else I am hoping that their population and infrastructure will begin to heal sooner rather than later.

What I did to mistakenly think I might get the rights to open up the daily:  Fly to Europe to get a 6 hour head start on everybody.  Then run 20K.  Bad news - it was 20K on a TM!  Dead  It is raining cats and dogs here.  It would be easier to canoe than run outside!

Good runs all.  I am off to listen to a bunch of papers.  Almost as much fun as a TM run!  Yep, just almost.  Wink

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Nono has already made me hungry!

Great news Jlynne!

Byll... the think that kept me motivated during a comeback was all the new achievable goals. Like pace, distance, heart rate

Good discussions yesterday by Mike anda Dave on the nucular (heh) problem.

This helped with the confidence today from this " technologically advanced country":

"In a sign of desperation, the police will try to cool spent nuclear fuel at one of the facility's reactors with a water cannon, which is normally used to quell riots." (MSNBC)

This morning was a "Dress Rehearsal".  6 miles EZ with 2 miles at MP. The easy miles felt like running with the parking brake on. Good sign.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I just received a puppy update from the family that took the runt of our last litter.    Some pictures are just too cute NOT to share, and this is one of them.    He was scared to death of her to begin with ....

~Mary

~unknown

I am back , started running last week . short runs only for awhile. 1.7 miles this morning about 18 minutes.  It's been since August, CRIM ,since I have run, so we will take it slowly.  My weight has ballooned to 250ish so I have be conscience of not trying match my 22 min 5k's of 3 years ago and a 185 pounds.  Also started back with trainer I was using 5 years ago, so the weight will evaporate pretty quickly, I lost 40 pounds in seven weeks a couple years back with this guy doing free weights. He has a kinda p90x workout with weights.

Mariposai

Goodie, we have a twocat's apprearance around here today. Sorry to hear that you had to run that 20k on the TM, I hope it was a good one machine and not the awful kind I had while traveling to Europe last time.  

Happy 29 Carolyn, may you cherish each other every day for years to come.

Look at that Bregercito building up his miles again. Good wishes to you my friend.

Jlynne, hurray you are back on the saddle  again. I bit you that half a mile tasted so good.

Nono, turkey chili, yummiee. Wanna share the recipe with us?

Heme, how are the new skiis working out for you. Did I tell you about my new-to-me downhill skiis I got at Red Mt.? Last year's demo,new for around $800, I got it for $75. I was at the right place right time. They had one last pair, my size and they asked me to give an offer. I did and they took it.

Johny, how is like treating you in Oregon?

Where is Vista?

Craneium we need an update from you.

Francesca, are you here or in Italy?

This is cut back week for my butterfly wings, yes MikeE, we even have a runner around here who wears butterfly wings when running. Ohh, and you need to know that you get a butterfly hug every day you REST!Cool. Anay I shall RAW today. Only a few easy miles. I have a 10k this Sunday.

Tetsujin, Enkie, Francesca, and Dave, my son and I registered for the Seattle Rock and Roll last night. We are in! I hope to see you all in June. Dove, are you joining us? We need to show this young kid how to dance and run a marathon a la dove-posie.

Go Perchcreek go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Did you started carboloading yet???/

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Wildchild – Happy Anniversary!

Jlynne – good news!  (both sets)

Twocat – where in Europe?

Mary - adorable picture!

Mariposai – exciting to be running Seattle with your DS!

I was going to say something about that Mike E. guy being way too hawt to be a grandpa of 16, but thought that might scare him a little...Wink

5 easy-paced (ave 10:15) miles for me today in 41° and light drizzle. 

Picture day for DD, so the ensuing bath/hair/outfit battle, plus an early appointment with the chiropractor, shortened my available running time. 

Interestingly, three visits to the chiropractor and I’m feeling substantial improvement in the nagging neck and shoulder pain (and resulting constant headache) that has had me taking round-the-clock ibuprophen for several months, and bothered me much of last year as well.  I had assumed the pain was being caused by teeth grinding, but according to the chiro, I have osteoarthritis and some degenerative disc disease in my neck.  It shows pretty clearly on the x-rays.  He said this was likely caused by a whiplash trauma from years ago, maybe from my 20’s.  He’s prescribing some1/2-hour  medical massages for my neck and upper back.  Twist my arm, will you?  Smile

On the plus side, the x-rays of my back look great. My mother has been (gleefully) giving me dire warnings that I will inherit her back problems if I don’t quit running.   Roll eyes  I hope I can continue to prove her wrong....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly - Massages - tough to take, huh?  Glad your pain is easing.

2Kitty - I think you need to change your avatar since you are no longer on the injured reserve list.

And neither are JLynne and Byll!  Yea!

Nono - Sunrise bread?

Cute, cute picture, Mary!

4 miles for me, 1 EZ, 2 RP, 1 EZ on pretty sproinky legs.  I think the Garmin said I had a 9:26 av pace.  Felt good.  Had the wind full in my face on the last mile, and it was blowing pretty good.  I was back in the house about 20 min when Mother Nature decided to cut loose with a full on wind, rain, hail, thunder, and lightening storm for about 15-20 minutes.  The whole house shook as the storm went over the top  of us.  I thought it was pretty cool, but the cats weren't as appreciative.  The three that were in the house made a mad dash for under the bed.  I looked under there and all you could see were three sets of big, round, glowing eyes.

Happy Hump Day to you all ~

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance