Masters Running

Monday, April 19th Boston Runs (and Refresh Display clicking) !!! (Read 736 times)

This is my first chance to check in today.  Congrats to all the Bostonian Runners!!  Woo hoo!!

Sorry I didn't get to hang in the virtual corral with everyone.  Just nuts, nuts, nuts, plus 2 hours at the dentist getting a tooth ground down and fitted for a crown.  And now that I'm home, I get to do a couple of hours of transcription.

I did get in 30 min of stationary biking and 40 min of some lack luster strength training this a.m.

Later, dudes and dudetts ~

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

what an amazing day!!  whole weekend actually!!

yesterday was so much fun at Robin's and then out for some dinner with holly, erika and barb (halle)  - today volunteered with my running group as part of the human chains.........saw boBlack eyemainerunnah), caught a quick glimpse and pic of amy - but  not sure she knew who it was screaming her name!!  so much fun!!

denise

evanflein

What an amazing day this was! Denise, I looked for you at the start but to no avail... I think you were off to the left when I had to turn right. We had so much fun on Sunday, and I need to thank you again for all your driving time, that was so appreciated!!

Set my Garmin to PR... now that's funny. I had a 3:38 pace band and at one point checked it to see I had a 5 minute "cushion." Now, I know as well as anyone that these "minutes in the bank" can come with a high interest rate, so I was a little leery of how I'd hold up at the end of the race. Other than some cramping and sore foot issues, I did ok so just went for it! I did walk less on this course than any other, and that can be a bad or good thing, but today t was a good thing because I just kept going, chugging up the hills and cruising the downhills all the way to the finish. Even had a little "kick" left at the end so that was cool!

Have had a wonderful weekend here and will spend tomorrow with Brueggger and his DW up in the North End. Then leave for home in the early evening, arriving home at about 7 a.m. on Wednesday. And yes, I have to go to work! Something seems just so unfair about that, no?

Mariposai

Erika, my dear sister...what an inspiration you are to all of us...

I can't wait to hear your whole story!!! Safe traveling!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #3309

Erika rocks......the rest do too

Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Eliz, I'd wondered about that.   I know I'm behind here.     (((Lou)))

Yeah, Eliz was right -- I got hurt again Friday a week ago.  I was still hopeful until Thursday but it wasn't happening.

But I got a bunch of pictures of many of the masters (and a bunch of the elites, too).  It was fun from the spectator side (although I would have preferred to run, of course).  I'll post them soon.

If you haven't seen the pictures from Robin's party on FB, here they are: http://picasaweb.google.com/WillRunForBeer/RobinSParty#

Congrats to all who got to run, and for those of you who we met or saw again -- we had a blast this weekend!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

It was a great day indeed! Got to spend time with Amy before the race and saw Harriet , Holly and Kimmie on the course!!!

Got sun burn on my face to take back to Seattle today!

Thank you all for the support!!

Francesca