Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 1.30.18 (Read 37 times)

evanflein

Emma says no more cats. So, no, sorry, the boss said no.

Loved the AD story yesterday and glad mom is talking to dad, even if he did almost get everyone lost in the woods.

I just love that Dave takes notes during sermons.

Visit to the doctor today was less than satisfactory, but it is what it is. X-rays looked pretty good but couldn't see anything suspicious. Will have an MRI ordered which is currently in the pre-auth stage. Got the lecture about post-menopausal women of northern European descent being prime osteoporosis candidates so he wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a stress fracture, but we'll know for sure after MRI. Also got the lecture on a bone density scan referral at my next annual visit. Yadda, yadda, yadda. He said if it is a SFx he'll put me on crutches and a boot-cast since apparently even walking around on it is a no-no. Well, I guess we'll see about that. But he likes that I've been pool running, so there is that.  Rest day today cuz I'm heading out of town for meetings and will be back Friday. Not sure what I should do while there... elliptical? bike? nothing? 

wildchild

Carolyn

4.6 miles on my lunch hour. 
      must run exactly 6 tomorrow to hit 100.

Make it 7 miles to end on a prime!

Climbed again today, and I'll go for a run soon when it cools off a bit. It hit 70 here today!

ETA: Ran 4 trail miles from camp, watching a gorgeous sunset and moonrise!

Happy bday to Holly's DS!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, I guess we'll see about that.

My beautiful DS is turning 21 tomorrow - how crazy is that?  His GF came down from college just for tonight, so we are celebrating with her.  DS wanted Indian food, so I sent him to pick up take out from our favorite Indian restaurant while I bake the cake.  Seems like yesterday he was my tiny premee....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

My beautiful DS is turning 21 tomorrow -

Say what?!?  Cripes, time flies.

Now, behave, Erika. 

I've often thought about having a bone density scan.  My mom had 3 different forms of arthritis, which included RA, so I always have that in the back of my mind.  I eat a ton of dairy, so hopefully that's a plus as far as helping bone density.  If I ever became lactose intolerant . . . .

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

C-R

Happy birthday Holly's DS.

Leslie - our cats some days decide to play chase but always at 1am. Probably bothers the dog more than me (DW sleeps with earplugs).

Way to get out there when you had to push Jay.

Have fun camping and hiking wild.

I totally get it RKSA. Miles are miles.

Today I had the pleasure of that lovely test after 50. Good for 5 years (sadly not the full 10). Managed to run 4 recovery miles this evening.

Going to celebrate our twins birthday tonight. Can't believe they are 17.

What a day.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 at lunch, hilly 7 after work.

Still lacking energy and motivation.

Sad

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

evanflein I hope it turns out not to be a fracture. Good luck with the MRI.

I have had a really busy day so I apologize but that is it for shout outs. I ran 10k on the TM. Survived, but just barely. Then headed out to the office. Tomorrow is actually worse. My first class starts at 8:30 and I am tied up non-stop until about 6:30 that evening. DW asked when I expect to get home tomorrow. I said about 7:30.  Time for me to get to bed. It is not even 9pm! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

5.10 and 3.75 for 8.85.

Kids got out about an hour and a half apart today, so I did the 5.1 between the pick-ups, and the 3.75 after that last one.  Lower 70's here today, it's supposed to get warmer toward the end of the week, so I guess this is out false Spring season.

Enjoy the super blue blood moon tonight! Coming up over the hill as I type this.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Hi folks - have a few days to catch up on again. It's been crazy around here!!

Starting to think I might be bad luck for runners - was running with a friend in our local Fudgcicle 5k and was helping her run sub 9 minute miles. I had already run 3ish easy to get to the race and we were cruising along nicely with an 8:54 and 8:53 first 2 miles.  we started to pick it up a little more for the last .3 (at my suggestion) when she tripped over a clump of dirt/snow ice and face planted!! She ended up needing 4 stitches under her chin for which I accused her of trying to copy me   Think my friends might want to avoid running with me the rest of the winter. One of our other friends took her to Urgent Care since I didn't have a car with me so after they were on their way, I ran the 3ish back to my house.

Yesterday decided to keep my run inside on the treadmill before work, but nothing today and unlikely tomorrow either. Working 3 12's in a row and possibly staying on-call another 4 tomorrow night, but then I AM ON VACATION!!!!

Anyone want to be in charge of looking after Justin and/or my mother-in-law????? Neither of them is doing great, but we need this vacation and will just have to hope things stay stable while we r gone and the rest of the family keeps an eye on things!!

Time to read back!! Night all!!

denise

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, quick post (again) so apologies in advance.  We are hosting a SATAF (Site Activation TAsk Force) this week.  This one is for the new tanker that we will begin to receive....well after I've been moved.  In essence this is a 4 day conference with various stakeholders: medical, operations, maintenance, support, the contractors--including Boeing--and various higher headquarters.  So a lot of information sharing at a relatively low level.  During their lunch break I got in a decent run that included 6 x 800m intervals with 400 recoveries.  Very windy.  I haven't done any sort of speed work in a while so times weren't that great....but recoveries were shorter than usual.  Total of 9.7 miles.  After work I taught my spin class at the Y.  Drove back to the apartment under the full/blue/blood/super moon.  After all the rain the last several days it is very clear tonight so great views.  Temps will drop into the teens tonight so we'll see if I can get myself out of bed to run under it.

Never considered taking notes during homilies, sometimes wish I had.

Have a great night everyone!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

five miles - with nothing but rain, rain, and more rain in the foreseeable future in all the predictions up to ten days out, it was nice to see the full moon not only tryin'  to peek through the cloud cover a little this morning but then the cloud cover dissipating by late morning through this evening for a rare fiver back to the house in the sun and moonrise.

Supposed to be raining again during tomorrow morning’s lunar eclipse

from 3am - 7:45am but, with the max at 5:30am I’ll be checking.

And, yep, it’s big, taking a lot less telephoto

magnification to fill up the camera screen.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Falconfixer; are YOU one of the people giving away secret base locations via strava?  

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

SteveP

Tom White, I cannot imagine owning a pharmacy this day and age. Kudos.

Dave59, I really like the idea of taking notes. Unless I'm fidgeting, I fall asleep when ever I sit down. I've nodded out during every big screen Batman movie.

BioGuy- Snork!!!

Erika, what a painful nuisance. I hope the cause is fixed fast.

I'd run with you Deez. What's a little head injury among friends?

SteveP