Masters Running

40's On the Run - Week of 02/02/08 - And the Giants Win!! (Read 543 times)

jfa

Can someone please tell me how to "quote"? ConfusedI end up quoting the whole post or nothing at all

BTY

Can someone please tell me how to "quote"?
      Sure - after you hit the quote button, you'll see
      then the original text, then the < uote="" /> Only keep the
      and and whatever text you want to actually quote. quoth bty
      BTY

Wow, that was cool!!!! Big grin But I don't think it helped you at all Undecided

jfa

Wow, that was cool!!!! Big grin I'll try it.Thanks Brian Smile

jfa

nope Confused

jfa

Wow, that was cool!!!! Big grin But I don't think it helped you at all Undecided
              Thanks Brian

Top 'O the World!

Anybody who's missing snow can just come on out to Co! & the higher the elevation, the higher the snow totals! Crested Butte reported receiving eleven FEET of new snow in JANUARY alone! 1300 hrs...starting ele 5889', top of minor hill ~ 6658 39*F/42% H - 4mph wind to start ~ 18+ gusts @ end (big black clouds on SW horizon Surprised ) 5.35 slippery, slushy, rolling hills w/Mairead in 1:06:14 what's the life expectancy of soggy Saucony's? Confused
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Runs with ALTITUDE!

come on out to Co! & the higher the elevation, the higher the snow totals! Crested Butte reported receiving eleven FEET of new snow in JANUARY alone!
                  On our local news station (KKTV Colorado Springs) they actually had a story about the Butte snow falls...said they've had so much of it up there...they're running out space for it!!! It reminded me of the winter of 2006 when we had back to back blizzards on Monument hill and seven feet of snow in the course of ten days! Out on my walk/run today, I had one of those "drive by" blizzards! It lasted all of ten minutes but left a half inch of snow on the trail Roll eyes Gotta love Colorado in the winter time!

Top 'O the World!

On our local news station (KKTV Colorado Springs) they actually had a story about the Butte snow falls...said they've had so much of it up there...they're running out space for it!!! It reminded me of the winter of 2006 when we had back to back blizzards on Monument hill and seven feet of snow in the course of ten days! Out on my walk/run today, I had one of those "drive by" blizzards! It lasted all of ten minutes but left a half inch of snow on the trail Roll eyes Gotta love Colorado in the winter time!
                    That must've been the big black cloud I was looking at your direction this afternoon! Surprised Yeah, & did you hear about CDW air-dropping food for the deer & elk out there? They have to keep doing it every week because it just keeps snowing & burying it! ....& I think I remember getting stuck on I-70 Winter '06...they closed the road w/a couple hundred cars on it! we sat for about 4 hours before a single plow truck led us out! Brilliant CDOT!
                    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Anybody who's missing snow can just come on out to Co! & the higher the elevation, the higher the snow totals! Crested Butte reported receiving eleven FEET of new snow in JANUARY alone! 1300 hrs...starting ele 5889', top of minor hill ~ 6658 39*F/42% H - 4mph wind to start ~ 18+ gusts @ end (big black clouds on SW horizon Surprised ) 5.35 slippery, slushy, rolling hills w/Mairead in 1:06:14 what's the life expectancy of soggy Saucony's? Confused
                      Wow, that's a lot of snow! Getting plenty in Maine, though, so I think I'll stay put. Trying to figure out how I will run tomorrow - 6-10 inches. And the forecast is showing snow through Sunday! Then very windy on Monday. I usually don't mind running in the snow, but the roads are icy underneath because of the rain/freezing rain we've been getting. Blech. May have to resort to the treadmill.

Queen of 3rd Place

It's funny that we're talking about weather, but that's the nature of outdoor sports! All you CO folks and Mainers are tough! Long ago I did a short run with an ultramarathoner in Maine in January (followed by tree-climbing and huddling in a blind to look at ravens, but that's another tale), boy, was that more than this CA wimp could handle. Joe - that's SO COOL that you got to see the parade! Even cooler that your running ability served you well. I lived in Philly for 3 years and always felt so bad that their teams kept getting so close - nice to hear about someone enjoying a winning team. Leslie - sounds like you're feeling normal...ish.. Saph - love your graphics! Today I was lucky to enjoy an easy 8 at 54F & sunny. And I thought it was chilly! Arla

Ex runner

Leslie - sounds like you're feeling normal...ish.. Arla
                          I'm feeling better every day. It's just the coughing that gets to me after awhile, usually causing a headache, but even the coughing is slowly going away. I have to fly to Pasadena on Friday. Hopefully, it'll be slowed enough that people won't think I have tuberculosis or something. Roll eyes Throughout the day today, I could tell that I forgot to stretch my hip flexors this morning. This evening, they're pretty tight. I think I'll throw myself into an hour of aerobics in the a.m. to really test the waters, rest Friday, and try to put in 1 to 1 1/2 hours running early Saturday morning before conference starts. That will mean a 4:00 am up and out. Let's hope it's not on the dreadmill. Dead If I can't get it done in the morning, I'll skip an afternoon class and run after my early afternoon seminar. If I run in the a.m., I will have to avail myself of room service or I won't get any breakfast. Woo hoo! Room Service!! Nighty night!

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

BTY

Hey Joe - This past summer my son Joe asked if we could finally go to a Giants Training Camp practice at UAlbany, so we finally relented (it's all of 6 miles from my house, and they've been there for how many years now?). At the end of practice, Joe got two of the players to sign his Giants' Red White and Blue Football - Eli Manning and Lawrence Tynes. How cool is that? Big grin

Top 'O the World!

Leslie: So glad you're feeling better! Been missing your unique wit online Smile! speaking of online, have you seen this? http://icanhascheezburger.com/ I'm still debating what to do w/today...currently 12*F - real feel like about 6* 5-6 mph breeze ~ later will be 45*F w/45mph breeze!! Undecided
                                Awww...very cute pic mtnchk! Leslie, glad you are feeling a bit more human. BTY, very cool for your DS, and you! Did 3 miles with hubby yesterday. His running has really improved and we did mostly a 5:1 run:walk with 12:02, 12:15 and 12:05 mile splits. That's about what he did in his last 5K, but he wasn't nearly as tired afterwards. He didn't want to go the full 3 miles, but evil wife that I am Evil grin, I nudged him on to the 1.5 mile mark on an out and back, so he had no choice but to complete the 3 miles. He rose to the challenge and even wound up sprinting a little at the end. I also did a yoga class yesterday with a different instructor. I really need to be in there as it seems I have some pretty major flexibility (lack of) issues in my hips. Have a great slide into the weekend 40's!
                                Progress Trumps Pefection