Masters Running

Monday morning Nov 9 (Read 471 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Yea!   We are all going to be Aunts and Uncles again!!??

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

I have a friend in his 30's looking for a running site to learn from.  He is just getting into running.  What site here on RA would be helpful for him?  Thanks.  Spareribs

The Running 101 and General Running would both probably be helpful.

Mari - would you like an Ohio Exchange Student for a summer?  Maybe you could teach my DS a few things...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

#artbydmcbride

Congratulations on your pregnancy, Holly S   Big grin

Runners run

Mariposai

4 easy miles under sunshine and blue sky. First run since NYC. The back of my legs are still stiff. I need to tend to that right away. Maybe some pilates later will help loosen up.

I wonder how twocat did on his doctors visit today.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Fatozzig/Leslie – you really got me thinking about nutrition last night.  I hope I didn’t come off like I was telling you what to do, though. 

Absolutely not.  I take people's different ideas, throw at the wall, and see what sticks best.  You never know when something someone else does ends up being just the ticket for you.

And congratulations on the pregnancy!  Triplets??

Nice PR, Ilene!

No run today.  I feel really good, although I haven't tried running.  I figure being able to walk without looking like I have a cob up my butt is progress enough.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Must be a slow day around here. Notice Holly is taking the no response attitude trying to let it burn its self out. Good luck with that!

3 recovery miles in wonderful weather for November here in Michigan. 63 degrees , but I notice in the ten day forcast its about to get normal around here next  week.

Enjoy the day

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

evanflein

I figure being able to walk without looking like I have a cob up my butt is progress enough.

Hey, something I strive for every day. At a minimum.

Holly, you'd think you'd have enough with that pistol of a daughter of yours... I always say if I had my second one first, I would've quit right then and there.

Couldn't get DS1 in to the doctor until 6:20 this evening. Looks like I'm not getting to the pool today. Rats.

ETA: I'm about to get passed by that damn pace bunny. Anybody got a gun?

wildchild

Carolyn

Ilene, congrats on the HM PR!

Tammy, congrats to your DS on his football win - and for scoring the final touchdown!  Exciting stuff, and I know you're proud of him.

Erika, good luck to your DS with that tongue thingy - hope the doc figures it out.

5 mile RAL in IRC, 58° and sunny, with a light breeze.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Another day of rain in the Seattle area. about 6.5 wet miles with my speedier friend. We run on trails in her neighborhood, so I just follow,I would get hopelessly lost if i were to run there by myself. We were reminiscing about those 100 degree summer days , when we complained so much about the heat....

A good start of the week to all!!

Francesca  

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

franci - did you see the RD's e-mail that Carkeek 12 hour in which you accumulated more than 9,000 feet each way for your birthday celebration has been officially deemed as the hardest 12 hour run in the entire country?

Congratulations to little will and for holly's PG and Ilene's PR.  Howevever, ilene, I think it’s okay to post RR’s for PR’s especially for demolishing a half PR for the third time this year that was nearly three years old and had been spared in the interim while nearly 20 other PR’s were being toppled in the same time. 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

#artbydmcbride

Tetsujin, sometimes I think you know my stats better than me. 

Runners run

Carpy run yesterday, so I probably should have XT'd today, but with temps in the mid-60s, I couldn't resist.  Got in one of the week's 2 35-minute runs with only 2 little walk breaks.  Gee, this consistency thing seems to be working . . . .

Ilene - "fun," "little," and "half marathon" in the same sentence - kewl; congrats on the PR

nono - happy taper

Need to stretch lots and maybe ice the AT this evening, as I'll be on my feet most of the day tomorrow helping to host a choral festival for 200+ 5th through 12th grade boys.  Tomorrow's XT is definitely going to involve wine.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

dg.

Ilene, congratulations!!   & I also hope that that was not your report. 

Holly, you too.  ;-)

I"ve finally caught up on most of what I've missed, though not all.   So much I'd like to reply to.   But now I can't post more than little bits here & there because it hurt to type.   I'm hoping you all know me well enough to know what I'd say in reply to all the various posts.  Please fill in the blanks! 

Nono happy to hear from you today, you had been wondering just a little.   

did you try the blinky thing on bayside?  maybe he'll reboot.

happy taper!  You have more than earned it.

where is bqger?

tomS, congrats on your 5K! 

Ribs, nice 16 miles. 

a rest day today.  so I did more stork alphabet drawing, and other balancing things.  a little callantics.  Walked with Sadie for about a mile & a half, ran a little over a half mile in the middle. 

8.3 miles on a gorgeous day here---not many left before winter hits, so I'll take it. Got out at noon and in 65º temps, EWF greatest hits playing in my ears. This is the second week of just running--no watch and all geared at recovery. Felt great!

(((((Holly))))))

Go Ilene!

Ilene very nice PR in your half marathon

Teresa I think you need to pick another race ( longer than 5k) & start training that may jump start your running

TomS nice 5k over the weekend

dg my DW's  run on Saturday seemed to go alright but she was pretty sore Sunday so it's back to the t-mill until next Saturday when we'll try again on the road.  

5.3 miles with middle 3 @ tempo pace of 8:15   

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.