Masters Running

Monday 2/4/19 (Read 46 times)

SteveP

Tetsujin209 gets the ball rolling.

AnneB logs 4.2 miles in a tepid 44F.

Rochrunner puts in a 6 around the lake run in. Nice.

Tom White has 65 minutes in 70temps!!! Whoot!

HollyS has a coloninterruptus 13.2 miles in.

RunnerKSA caps the week off with 4.5 miles!

Tramps has 38 cycling miles.

Stumpy puts in 3.1 dog gone miles.

Henrun supports a sunny 1/2 marathon.

Mrrun does a little snack cross training.

Wildchild puts in 7.6 t-shirt miles with a 10 mile effort.

Bioguy slip slides through a half marathon and celebrates with loved ones.

Joe618  has a baching it 10 miler.

MikeE records 6 before kick off.

Fatozzig tours her back to running trail. You're one day closer. Good for Shorty.

Evanflein has a co-pilot assist in her 6.2 miles for Saturday and an irritated 6.7 miles for Sunday.

Falconfixer drills 6 Saturday and 5 on Sunday.

Coastwalker records 5.1 RW miles.

TwCat has a stop and go mile and a half. Workin' it baby.

Milk Truck checks in.

Pfriese has a nice rest day.

DW and I took dogs out for a couple of trail miles.  I've got over 30 for the week.

SteveP

Joe618

Morning all!   Great recap Steve...the trails beckon for you and the dogs!!   Nice to hear from you yesterday, MilkTruck!!!

I learned it is not wise to have a hard long run immediately before going to a Super Bowl party with a large spread of very junky food.    Too easy to load up on multiple plates of chips and cheese dip.... 'nuff said.

Up early and got in an easy 5 miles this morning.   Still warm, amazingly....47F with a solid south wind.  Beat the rain and enjoyed being out in shorts. 

Back to the work week...have a greta one.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Hi, Steve, Joe and doggies!   Got outside before work for the first time in ages for 3.2 mile.  Also warm here- 53 degrees but the rain is coming!

Leslie- I'm glad your husband did that for himself.  The other guy is a jerk.

Super Bowl was boring but my CEO's party was really fun and the food was incredible. Now back to reality.....

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks for the recap/start, Steve, as well as for the pooch photos.

I'm sorry I missed you too, Milktruck, at the Midwinter Classic yesterday, especially with what sounds like good racing conditions. I hope you did well, had fun.

Lesson learned, Joe. Nice early, mild run.

Good mild run for you too, KSA. I'm glad the party was good, even if the game wasn't.

Based on the score, it appears that it was a good defensive game last night. Too bad 'cause I know most fans would rather see a high-scoring game. But there are no guarantees in football (just like there is no crying in baseball...).

We had our town's Deliberative Session on Saturday, where all 50 of this year's warrant articles were presented, and could be amended by those present. Then the town will vote on the warrant articles on March 12. Our conservation commission zoning and 'money' (we're asking the taxpayers for half the money to buy a 70 acre parcel for the town) warrant articles went through without any changes - so far, so good. It was one of the quickest Deliberative Sessions we've ever been to, starting at 8:30AM, and finishing up at 2:30.

5.7 EZ RW miles at J o'clock under partly-cloudy skies, in 32° temps.

Have a greta Monday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Joe - I did that a couple of weeks ago - showed no restraint and ordered nachos with DH after a LR - I overate and it did not sit well.

43 degrees and a bit breezy this morning, so I had to run outside.  I'll be glad when it starts getting lighter earlier so those potholes in the dark won't be such a danger.

4.3 recovery miles.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I broke the "no running" rule yesterday.

I did a surprise 50k for my birthday!

https://www.calicotrailrun.org/home.html

Drove 8 hours home afterwards, so I didn't post yesterday. Details in race report forum.

I suspect I won't be running today by the way my knees feel.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Bill- congratulations and happy birthday!  Yeah- you sort of broke the rule!  Wow!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

anneb

Morning all. Also warm up this way, 48 with a breezy south wind. I had time for about 3.45 miles in the dark. I didn't even need gloves! I heard some birds chirping!

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start.

Anne

Marathon Maniac #957

I did a surprise 50k for my birthday!

https://www.calicotrailrun.org/home.html

Drove 8 hours home afterwards, so I didn't post yesterday. Details in race report forum.

I suspect I won't be running today by the way my knees feel.

Very cool!  But ouch on the 8-hour drive afterward....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Quick Peek - It's snowing and sleeting and hailing here in Eureka.  It's supposed to get down to 28 in Fortuna tonight.  That is freaking cold for this area. Pretty cool!

ST/Core/PT this a.m.  Will walk after work if the weather isn't horrid.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Joe618

Just read your race report, Bill.   Sand and ups and downs, indeed!   The moment you mentioned "Barstow", it helped set the context.   Yeow, that is quite the territory there.    Way to persevere...even on the long drive home.    5:56 on a course like that is very, very solid.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Very cool!  But ouch on the 8-hour drive afterward....

Thank God and Science for cruise control, or my knee would be toast!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Dave59

It's the first day of the rest of the year.  (I hate stupid slogans.)

I ran 3.24 miles at the park. 46 & sunny. I wore shorts and a light long sleeve shirt over a light short sleeve shirt.  I ditched the long sleeve layer halfway into the run.

My calf problem has been ok for a while now, and I no longer feel like I am walking uphill all day long so I do hope this is the start of getting things going again.  (How many times have I thought that in the last 4 months?) Aerobic workouts will be every other day at most so I stay fresher.  When I go to the gym I'll do some weights without first killing myself on the ARC trainer. That's the plan for what it is worth.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy 50K Birthday, Surely.  Excellent.
                              Leslie - your DH is a saint.
                              With early cherry blossoms, bulbs, etc. emerging in January’s spring-like temps and sunshiny days, it was starting to appear as if winter had bypassed the PNW this year, . . . until temps dropped to 27F and it started snowing enough for the first snowman of the year this morning followed by 2.5 trekking pole miles on 700 snowy stairs on the Hillside Park trails as if in erika-land, Carolyn-land, . . .  and, I guess, everyone else-land this year.  Wind chill down to 15F but, fortunately, I kept my clothes on so no naked skin to frostbite, but thumbs got cold anyway.  X-C skiing in the park this afternoon, for sure.

Is anyone left who’s been entirely snowfree all year so far.  Surely?

eImage result for seattle snow park images.c

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy end of football season (for some of us, anyway).  To everyone else, sorry, not sorry.

It was fun to watch, but doggo decided that all the people around and all the food to sniff at was a lot more interesting than the going to sleep not long after we arrived that we had planned.  I had given her a good long loop around the neighborhood, along with a trip to the pet store, and then an hour by the lake just before the game.  I even ended up doing another tour of the neighborhood during the game, while watching the game stream on my phone.  She fell asleep with about 5 minutes to go in the game   Good thing was that she was asleep before us when we got to bed.

Consensus at our view location was that the NFL's ad with all the old timers was one of the best of the night. The rest--mostly meh.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.