Masters Running

Let us run with Wildchild her first marathon! (Read 497 times)

Mariposai

Our altitude queen is gearing up to run her first marathon this weekend! Let us send her off with some marathon racing tips and if you desire, commit to keep her company for a mile!

Mile 17 is mine. 

My race day tip: this is your victory lap. Enjoy every mile. Your first marathon is like that first kiss, you will never forget it!

Miles  

1- Stevep

2- C-R

3- Holly, Mariposai, Erika

4-Dave59

5- Slo-Hand

6- Henrun

7- Marj

8- Rochrunner

9- Tetsujin

10- deezy4boys

11-  Holly, Mariposai, Erika

12- Jlynne

13- Hopeful

14- Erika

15-Dievechief

16- OrangeMat

17- Mariposai

18- CNYRunner

19- Enkephalin

20- Runnerclay

21- Opie

22- Mtnchk1

23- Nonoruns

24- Lamerunner

25- Ileneforward

26- Rhoon phast

.2 - This is claimed by the Marathon Maniacs in the RA Masters Forum...we want to bring the Elevation Queen to the finish line: Aamos, dievechief, perchcreek, dove, tetsujin, francesca, Holly, Erika, Mariposai. (I am sorry if I am missing your name, if you are a marathon maniac and you want to bring Carolyn in to the finish line please let me know).

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

C-R

Alright. Another soon to be fellow marathoner. Careful now.. Next step is becoming a maniac.

I'll take mile 2 because I run in flat country and at that point I might be shot from the altitude.

Good racing Wild! Enjoy the ride.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

wildchild

Carolyn

Posie, this is so sweet of you!  But before you all pick what mile to sign up for, you might want to look at the elevation profile!  If you want a downhill mile, better sign up quick.  I hope I get some brave folks to sign up for the last uphill miles because I'm sure I'll need some virtual help!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Slo

I'll take mile 5. No particular reason other than this is typically where I do my first sanity check...I usually fail.

Renee the dog

I'll take mile 23

AND, you have my permission to cold cock any idiot who tells you in that mile that "You're almost there" or "It's just a 5K left."  Seriously, that pisses me off.  I think 23 is the roughest mile, and your elevation profile isn't telling me any different!

So, I'm with ya for mile 23.  I usually chant something quietly for that mile like, "Beer."  I use a 1/4 count. Do whatever works for you!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

lamerunner

I am ok with uphill... I will take 24 but I may have to bring my elliptical!!

Good luck. Sure hope that wind is a tailwind

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I will take mile 13 please .... it looks relatively easy for me to handle.!!       My only tip is to enjoy....but I'm sure you will do that because you are always smiling in all your beautiful race photos.   

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Jlynne

I'll take mile 12. That's almost the halfway point and you should be feeling pretty strong. You're going to rock this marathon Carolyn! Good luck!

I will take mile 13 please .... it looks relatively easy for me to handle.!!       My only tip is to enjoy....but I'm sure you will do that because you are always smiling in all your beautiful race photos.   

that's a big job.  mile 13 looks like it could be the low point of the race. 

I'll take mile 19 - you crest the second hill during it, and can say to yourself, JUST ONE MORE HILL TO GO!

No advice, just take it easy (from the beginning!) and enjoy it.  You can race the next one.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

SteveP

Put me down for Mile1. It all begins with the first step. Double knot your laces.

SteveP

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Don't chase critters when you run run run! This is a race and I don't even do that. Dad tells me not to "Jack Rabbit", but I do anyway. If you have to go, just go, but don't take time to roll in it. Don't run with Honey. She will bite your ears. I want mile 3 with a side of ice cream and a cherry on top.

Now Get 'em get 'em!!!!

Sniffing Butts, Tag

#artbydmcbride

I'll take mile 25, and I'll be smiling and encouraging you all the way through....Look at how gorgeous and strong you are!  Look at what an awesome marathoner you are, Go Wildchild Go!!  Smile

Runners run

I'll be with you at mile 18 Wildchild! 

Good Luck!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks mariposai. . I wanna join the joyfest's last four miles of ascent to the finish too, celebrating wildchild's first marathon, to say nothing of it being something like Wyoming worthy of a separate celebration on its own, . .  then let's all go back and see if there's anything we can do to help MikeE..  I'll bring one of the oxygen masks like they had along the trail for the Mt. Fuji race.

ps MikeE - guess which way

the course goes?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)