Masters Running

September 19th Daily (Read 42 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Have to drop this in here for a certain TW.

Image result for boynton talk like a pirate

and now I run away and leave you to it.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

...Avast there stumpy//...........you Made my day.......

now

Over Th' Side Wi' Ye........

..........aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

coastwalker

Arrggg!

No workout for me this morning 'cause my ankle is still sore. I have an early appt with an orthopedist tomorrow morning to see if we can figure out what the issue is, and what to do about it. Maybe replace it with a pirate peg leg??

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Ahoy mateys!  I got the red line under matey. How do you spell it anyway? I guess I'm not a true pirate.

Sorry that ankle is still sore Jay. Any visible swelling or bruise marks? Good luck at the orthopod's.

20 minutes on the elliptical at the Y this morning, 10 minutes of weights and then a 5+ mile walk with the Y girls. More rain coming today.

Off to take my niece to her doctor's appointment.  Have a good one!

Ahoy Mateys!

Good luck with the ortho, Jay.  Hopefully he/she can figure what the heck's going on.

Surly:  I have no home repair skills...I have to hire everything done.  I am ripped off frequently.  I wish you lived next door to me.

Liz - I agree with SteveP.  You can do a lot more than you think you can, especially with youtube videos for everything.  Maybe there's a home repair class in your area once in awhile.  Check with any adult education facilities.

Today at 4:30 p.m. PST, I will be on vacation until 8:30 a.m. October 1.

Image result for celebrate gif

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

My experience with home repair is when DH, who only looks at pictures and does not actually read the directions, gets stumped half-way through and calls me in to help.  Which sort of panics me because if I have not started from Step 1 and carefully read the directions, I am swamped trying to start in the middle.  The last project, the replacement of the garbage disposal, nearly did me in....

Good luck, Jay!

5.2 miles for me this morning in a misty 70 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

For Talk Like a Pirate Day (a National Holiday), I have a bunch of pirate bands on a loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggyC0FOzqHM

Besides Alestorm, there's Rum Ahoy, Swashbuckle, and others!

happy impending vacation, leslie!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

TammyinGP

YAY Leslie! Enjoy your time off!  You guys going anywhere or just taking the break from work? 

I have a week off in the middle of October. Looking forward to it!

I'll probably leave work a bit early and get in a long run today if I'm feeling up to it. I won't be able to run long this weekend since DH and I are leaving for Sonoma Friday morning through Sunday. As much as I would love a nice long run in new surroundings, this is a fun little escape weekend for us so figured I should focus on the activities we have planned down there and not take off running for a couple hrs.

Tammy

mrrun

In our old condo, I had the plumber and electrician on favorites.  In our new one, we haven't needed anyone except our sons to change the light bulbs on the high ceilings!   Hope it continues this way.

Enjoy your time off Leslie and Tammy!

1 hour of power walking before services this morning.

Jay - sorry your ankle wasn't cured by the French and Spanish wine waters - good luck at orthropod.

marj

C-R

Yaarrrr mateys.

Quick tip. If you are on Facebook, there is a Pirate language setting. It is absolutely hilarious.

Home projects don't need instructions until they do. And youtube absolutely rocks. Repaired my dishwasher with youtube videos and cost me $10. Hate to think what it could have cost.

4.3 lunch miles to go pick up the car from the shop. Got some interesting stares from other customers but I've been going to this shop for years so they get me. Knee still not right but lets see what PT says.

Good luck Jay.

Sonoma is such a nice place. Enjoy.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

anneb

Ahoy mates!

Another 5+ this morning. Decided to say eff it and run to the forest preserve in the dark. Did see a few of my usual runners still so that's good... The acorns have started to fall (even tho supposed to be near 90 tomorrow) and there are some big ones, if you're not careful you could easily roll an ankle. Esp all bunched together and stuff. Also, a squirrel nearly hit me chucking a crab apple out of tree this morning (you know they do that right?). It missed me by inches. Aaaarrrrrr 

Anne

Also, a squirrel nearly hit me chucking a crab apple out of tree this morning (you know they do that right?). 

So the Farmers Insurance commercial isn't a lie?

Tammy - We are heading to Newport tomorrow to spend the night, then to Portland where I'll get dumped off at Karen's and he'll go to his friends' for the weekend while I volunteer with her up at Mountain Lakes 100.  Then Monday we take off and tour mostly central OR and arrive back home Saturday the 29th.  One of the places we'll be visiting is Crack in the Ground.  Have fun in Sonoma!

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Ahoy masters! Today was another day o' physical therapy. Wha' a workout. Fer th' first time I did somethin' while standin'. Aye, standin'. Like runnin' an ultra marathon or somethin' impossible like that. While standin' I held on t' a bar 'n then moved, aye moved(!) me forefoot up 'n down. Can ye believe? I needs a rest. Maybe I shall spend th' rest o' th' day on th' cot. O' course, I still cannot sit or stand fer long so perhaps that be fer th' best.

The above brought to you courtesy of http://pirate.monkeyness.com/online_pirate_translator. Ye be welcome.

Regarding things chucked from trees, a few years ago during a HM there was a squirrel that I swear was aiming for the runners below. Even if he missed you, the resulting acorn covered road was set up just perfectly for twisting an ankle.  'Twas an evil squirrel.

SteveP I totally believe you. I have all sorts of repair skills I never knew I had! Can you come over with some plumbing equipment. You know the kind for fixing a leaky sink and maybe help bring out those hidden skills of mine. Maybe come over with some outdoor lights too and whatever it is you I need to install them with. I can feel those skills just pouring forth as I type!

Surly Bill that is one awesome hourly rate!

evanflein haircut envy I can so sympathize! I have been unable to sit since the end of August when I had my operation. That means I cannot sit in a barber's chair. My hair is in desperate need of a cut. I wonder if it can be done while standing?

Falconfixer how old are those C-130's? It seems like I have heard about them since forever.

fatozzig one day I hope I get to introduce you to a former MBA student of mine. He started at Microsoft. Hated it and got into the cannabis business. He has turned nearly evangelical about the stuff.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie and Tammy - enjoy your trips!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

.just a 4 mile run for me tonight. Didn't get out of work as early as I wanted and DH was making burgers for dinner so didn't want to get home too late either.

Tammy