Masters Running

Wednesdaily, 7.3.19 (Read 46 times)

Those clams sound SO good!   We really have no plans- which is just fine.  I'll go to the group run in the morning, get in 10K or so, and bring up the rear!

1.5 treadmill miles after work (got out early).

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

evanflein

Erika - are your fireworks on July 3 too as ours used to be too a little southeast of you or we'd have to stay up until midnight the fourth and into the fifth to see them?

Hahahaha... we don't have community fireworks here. What would be the point? It oesn't get dark at all, so would be a total waste. We have our fireworks show at New Year's!

I couldn't see the puppy either, but I did peek at your Instagram site. Yay for you guys adopting a rescue. That's the best breed of all.

Yay Holly!! It's about damn time is all I'm gonna say.

Haven't run since Saturday. I'm worried I did something pretty serious to my knee in that fall. But how could I run on it several days last week before it hurt on Saturday so I cut my run short? I've been icing, but that's it. Doc says no Ibu or other NSAIDS with a fracture because they impact healing. It's sore and puffy on the outer side just at the top of shin bone and below knee cap. Can't even kneel on it on the couch. Sore to the touch, etc, etc. If a few days off and rest don't help it, I guess it'll be my medical project next week. I was catching that pace bunny but now he's leaving me in the dust again. Oh well.

Got my cast on today. It's much better than the splint and it's purple! 3 weeks....

Got my cast on today. It's much better than the splint and it's purple! 3 weeks....

This thread is worthless without pictures.

Clams!  Oh my! I LOVE clams!  Haven't had them in years.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, damn, Erika, that sucks. It's not like you have great running weather up there most of the year or anything.  You should move to Ohio where you can make so much more use of your time outside, just sayin'...seriously hoping this is just something minor that clears up quickly.

DD's court date was uneventful.  We have a new date on 8/21 because the drug test had not yet come back.  The darndest thing is that, aside from her marijuana problems (caused mostly by speeding and getting pulled over with it in the car), she and i get along better these days since she was 12 (13-15 were the worst). she and I get along better now than we have in years (13-15 being the worst years).

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

DW and I are leaving for the fireworks in about a half hour.  It IS July 3rd.

Holly S. you are right, that is not a rule violation. You are not responsible for weather app errors.

I am a big clam fan as well! I could eat them several days a week. My DW though gets clam fatigue pretty fast, so I have to ration how often I make them.

My PT suggested I try to run 5 miles tomorrow. I will see how 4 go and decide about the fifth.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Don’t know if TwoCat still does FB but forwarded him a story that he might be interested in—Jim Beam distillery burned with possible loss of 45,000 barrels of bourbon  

oops—you snuck in while I was typing

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Joe618

Greetings from Minnesota !    Got here early this afternoon...great to see our kids and granddaughters.

Holly, that is a terrific public recognition your boss did.   It had substance and pointed to specific actions which took care of customers and exemplified important values.   Well done.   Congrats on the pay raise too, that will help the cause.   Very happy for you.

Bioguy, hope you have a fun at the Stones concert!!  You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need. 

I took the chance late this afternoon to go running here.   It was great and got in six solid miles, with hills.   I felt fine. And when I got home, my son (who is training for a marathon) asked how I coped with the humidity.   "What humidity?" I asked??   Can't believe how much drier it is here in Minnesota than in Indiana. 

Rock your 4th, all!!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, made it home.  Traffic was actually fairly light (I left the apartment around 1:20 PM).  Also ran this morning.  H and H.  I'd claim the crown for that but I know Quickadder would be right behind me and he wins that contest.  5+ miles, 9 min pace.

Tomorrow will be my tradition since moving here in '09, a small point-to-point 5k in Loretto, TN (you should come down RunnerKSA).  Flat course that I would love to race in November (or Feb or March) to see how I could do in cooler temps.

Safe travels and whatever you do tomorrow to celebrate Independence Day, be safe.

Have a greta night everyone!

Where is Loretto?   I’ll look it up.  Maybe next year!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

spacityrunner

4.5 miles walking a new to me trail with a friend  here in the village. Then we stopped out for a quick late breakfast. A couple hours later off to the shelter to walk some doggies. Dinner out with my friend to help her celebrate her birthday. I’m tired. Up early tomorrow to do a 4th 5k. I’m gonna need a nap tomorrow 

Trails Rock!

Planned taper day; no running. This every other day stuff really works! I have to slow myself down on the days I run.

Clams? Ick! filter feeders, from the sea! There's a good rhyme to remember what you should eat: "Comes from the sea, no friend of me" . This goes hand in hand with "If it's in a bun, it will be fun" and "Covered in cheese, it will please".

SIL died this afternoon, I think they waited too long to start treatments. But that might have only bought her a few more months. They were excited yesterday morning because she had a rash, a sign that the immunotherapy was starting to take effect. My brother had gone into town to get them something to eat and found her when he got back, their dogs were laying beside her, which is unusual for them. He tried CPR but it was too late. She decided to follow a tradition from our side of the family: no service, cremation, ashes strewn in a location only known to one person.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Where did this week go. It seems like Friday to me. No time to read but just saying I kayaked for about an hour after work, before the band concert, hot dog fire and now out on the pontoon to watch the fireworks.  This was the second time I have had my kayak out and I am figuring it out. It is not exactly like canoeing is it?

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

TammyinGP

Sorry to hear about your SIL, Surly.  and what a shock for your brother to come home and find her like that when he probably thought all was fine for the time being at least.

Holly, the drug test seems rather pointless because if she used MJ in the past 45 days or so, it's going to come back positive. maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but didn't she just get cited for careless or reckless driving maybe? and then a minor possession charge? or did she actually get charged with a driving under the influence charge?

no run for me today, but I have a 5 mile race in the morning and then will run some more after that. maybe try for 10 miles tomorrow.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

We ate clams on the grill last night and tonight will be the clams and oysters.  Today we drove out to Montauk Point to the lighthouse and picnic near the beach.

you guys sure know how to have a good time,

. . . and make your stomachs happy too.

Clams!  Oh my! I LOVE clams!  Haven't had them in years.

what's with that?

How far do you live from the ocean?

"Comes from the sea, no friend of me"

Makes about as much sense to me as some of the running rules I mercifully never heard about until it was too late or I'd've done even less running in the last 43 years than I actually have done but I doubt it. The only thing I don't eat from the sea are starfish and coral, . . . so far.

Cycled 16 miles.

After standard 5-mile cycle’mute to Chinatown this morning, took a casual detour of two miles through the middle of town to REI’s Flagship Store up by the Seattle Center. - Not, . . . nothing casual about driving through downtown Seattle anymore.  Downright scary so detoured a little more on the way back to the dedicated bike lanes on Second Avenue with foot rest planters for cyclists at intersections, passing over 1,000 cars, trucks and buses, mostly standing still in the middle of downtown street and avenues.

flags - not a single U.S. flag to be seen anywhere in the seven miles I was on Seattle streets and residential areas today but more than made up for by more than 10,000 little Old Glory’s the city's put out lining the island streets and main roads.  

fireworks - at 10-11pm actually on July 4, fireworks are getting too late for us anymore but I might revert to 4,000 stairs again tomorrow morning for the Fourth and then add 1,000-a-day until I break the 7,000 PR from Japan a couple of years ago.

ps surly - we decided on the same and,

just today, the kits, etc. were delivered.

Hope to keep them in the box for another

20 years, . . . if possible.

How old was SIL. So sorry.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Surly - I'm sorry to hear about your SIL.  As Tammy said, that must've been an incredible shock to your brother.  How incredible the dogs stayed beside her, though.

Tet - We live by the ocean and seafood is SO expensive here.  As far as I know there's only one seafood store in the area, and it's about 30+ min north of us.

Holly - Maturity often helps relationships . . . but it doesn't always guarantee common sense.

Every year, I arranged for a group of local runners to get their annual passes to the McKay Tract, which is owned by Green Diamond.  The head of security is a former deputy sheriff.  Over the years, I transcribed a number of interviews he did with witnesses, suspects, etc.  Today was the day to get the passes and he and I had a chance to chat for about 15 min or so.  Real nice guy.  No nonsense kinda guy, but real nice guy.

After that, headed to the gym for 30 min on the elliptical then 20 min on the treadmill working on hill walking.  The hill walking is definitely my main problem.  I need to get in touch with my PT and see if he has any recommendations.  I can't get past 15 min without having problems.  We'll see.

Tomorrow will be a long day.  The Hub is smoking tri tips for the annual AA 4th of July picnic, and I'll be working a good portion of the day.  I haven't showered and I stink, so I need to do something about that and hit the hay.

Nite ~~

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance