Masters Running

Tuesday 1/22/19 (Read 40 times)

Nothing for me today, I felt a little blah again and my right foot had the morning twinge of PF when I got out of bed (gone after I moved around for 10 minutes). All sings say possible "over training", so I'm taking the medicine of not running today.

That SNL skit was right on the money! Although technically I'm on the very final edge of The Self-centered Generation aka Boomers, I identify as GenX, so the host's comment "I just sit on the sidelines and watch the world BURN" was particularly funny, because it's true!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

evanflein

Will have to check out that skit tonight.

Whew, Jlynne! Glad to hear he's doing better. That must have been a scary morning, and yes I've heard that the caregivers frequently have a health issue that lays them up (or worse) and that's when the rest of the family really finds out how bad off the other spouse is.

Tet, those paths are still there, and more. If there's one thing that's really good about Anchorage, it's their trail system in the city. Really nice. But there's no way in hell I'd ever live there.

Still at work, gotta go but checking in here to report a rest day. Finally caught that pace bunny and made some headway.

Joe618

Oh, geez, Joe.  I can't believe you tried intervals on the ice after eating DINNER!!! 

3 miles on the treadmill after work to make up for the light mileage this morning.  4.1 for the day.  Work crisis caused me to get home late.  It was a long day.

Yeah, not too bright...I was hopeful and ill-advised.   Thus, my comment about "learning". 

Dontcha just love the work crises??

I watched the SNL skit.   It was kinda funny.   The host guy was the best.   It reminded me of a definition of humor...take something true, push it to an extreme and it becomes funny.    The extremities of the stereotypical generational narratives was the basis for that gig. 

And you can tweet that 

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Deez4boyz has a Sunday and Monday 1.2

And now a Tuesday 1.2 mile walk around the Longwood Medical Area on a late lunch break!!

Not feeling great - hope it's just exhaustion from working 3 12's and talking a lot orienting someone new to our floor!!

Nite all!!

denise

Joe618

Nothing for me today, I felt a little blah again and my right foot had the morning twinge of PF when I got out of bed (gone after I moved around for 10 minutes). All sings say possible "over training", so I'm taking the medicine of not running today.

Unrequested input Bill....I fight the exact PF symptoms, have been since last February.   I have had excellent results with a night splint.  That has resolved the PF twinges in the morning.   I forgot to put it on one night a few weeks ago and had exactly what you describe the next morning.   Message me for more details and a link on Amazon if you are interested. 

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

I have to say I'm blessed with a boss who understands the amount of work outstanding.  I'd say his biggest fault is he's too nice and there haven't been any consequences for her actions.  She's gonna have a very rude awakening when she gets a job where she can't call in sick all the time, go home all the time because she's doesn't feel well, and a thousand other excuses for not being at work.  Case in point, she and two other folks weren't able to get to work until around 11:00 today because of an accident on the highway that had the northbound lanes closed for a few hours.  She left at 1:15 because she "didn't feel well."  I see very little getting done before she leaves.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Unrequested input Bill....I fight the exact PF symptoms, have been since last February.   I have had excellent results with a night splint.  That has resolved the PF twinges in the morning.   I forgot to put it on one night a few weeks ago and had exactly what you describe the next morning.   Message me for more details and a link on Amazon if you are interested. 

Thanks Joe, I had "real" PF a few years ago, this was just a blip, it didn't hurt much, but it was evident like sore muscles. I think it might be from running 5 miles down a hill at 5:45-7:00 pace yesterday. After I was on my feet for a few minutes this morning it went away, but tomorrow might be different. I expect it to be gone in a day or two, and I won't try to run any uptempo stuff, because that's what usually sets it off for me (like yesterday's sustained fast downhill). I want to enjoy runs in these 70 degree sunny days we're having right now!

I have a boot, a Strassburg sock, Strutz pads, and other PF/Achilles gear.

When I had PF, I went to maxcushion shoes and rigid insole, and that allowed me to continue to run while it healed up. Maybe I should get another pair of Stinsons to have on hand....

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I have to check the dates with , , , a sprint tri I was thinking of doing.  Will know more next week

excellent, most excellent.

I'm already looking forward to doing the same three

I've been doing recently instead of the one-a-year

rut I've been in since 2005.

You'll be fine on the swim but, unless you can get out on the bike enough beforehand to be able pedal 12 miles or so at the same 90rpm of recommended running stride cadences without having to rest by coasting too much, take it easy on the bike and enjoy passing on the run many who didn't.  Check out the course for hills too, if any, mainly for having safe, straight, run outs so you won't be scared going down them as full speed as possible without having to use the brakes. Also check out all the sharp corners so you'll know what kind of roadway you're heading into without having to slow down and wonder what's around the corner during the event.  Maybe we can get Starr to do the one she's been thinking

about for a while too.

I'd wouldn't want to spend my life in Anchorage but,

like everywhere else I've been for study or work,

I sure enjoyed as much of them as I could while I did.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)