Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 1.13.18 (Read 40 times)

..60-min x-bike........

'nuff said

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Holly - I hope you get some sort of consideration

they exchange glasses if I break or lose them w/I two years of purchase but, even when you're old and on all this great medicareB I've been taking advantage of, they don't do much for teeth so get 'em taken care of now, . . . even though again, and ask 'em how long it should last.  good luck.

one hour in the aquafit class.

Although it's only four feet deep, they have you kicking, etc. and I was asked not once or twice but four or five times if I knew how to swim.  I wanted to tell 'em I've swum 2.4 miles five times in my life but the most in the last ten years has been but 1/4 mile so I just said, "yeah."  Nice to have had glory days albeit in the distant, very distant, past, at least.  I sure appreciate 'em more-and-more as the years pass.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

mrrun

Have a great weekend running, flying, waiting, and even walking (oh, that’s just me).

Walking is one of our favorite activities - most nights we walk a minimum on 1 mile in addition to whatever other running/walking/yoga we've done during the day.  I think that's true for many of us (excluding Jay who walks xxx miles daily!)

marj

spacityrunner

2.1 hilly hood miles.  Nice and cool out there today :-)

Trails Rock!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy pre-Pats game afternoon, all.  And my apologies to any and all Nashvillians for what will transpire.

3.2 miles around the lake.  54F when I left, 45F when I got back.  But I did get another January shorts run in.  The cold front came through about half way through with a spit of rain.  It's now below freezing, so as mentioned earlier, black ice will be a concern tomorrow.  Just about every bit of snow melted by this morning, so hopefully not a lot of wet left to freeze.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

C-R

Hey all. Been busy watching kiddo two wrestle in the Conference Championships today. He's been sick all week but he battled and gave it his all. Proud of him for that. So got a late run this afternoon. 7 3/4 at decent pace but I had another layer of ice on my collar which is really uncomfortable in the last couple of miles. Ahh winter.

So sorry Holly. Hope you can work it out.

Sorry about your DW quick.

Marj you made me laugh - Spring training. I'm thinking warm thoughts.

Off to make dinner.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Holly--in my opinion--you should get your teeth taken care of and I really don't think you need to justify it to anybody.  I will, now, go back to minding my own business.

I went 10 miles on the treadmill.

Okay--that's it--I got go eat and watch the game.  I love playoff weekends.  See ya!!

Jlynne

Holly--in my opinion--you should get your teeth taken care of and I really don't think you need to justify it to anybody. 

+1  They're your teeth Holly!! Bite the bullet (I'm sorry, that was a really bad pun ) and get them fixed!

{Deez}

Quickadder, your poor wife! Take good care of her.  You too Dave.

Glad you'll make it home, RunnerKSA.

6 miles on the treadmill this morning. Indoor farmer's market was a bust. I guess if I can't cheer for the Packers, I hope the Vikings play well. And Kevin? I hear there's a lot of "bad feelings" in the Pats' locker room. Any truth to that rumor?

"The Post" was outstanding. Go see it.

Have a great evening everyone.

4.7 easy

watched the Ducks lose to AZ (b-ball), went running shortly after but still too soon after eating, hence the easy and short run.

Holly, I'm in the same conundrum regarding molars. I had a bridge fail after about 15 years, and to get a new one I need at least one implant, but three and no bridge would be nice. Because dental insurance that pays for such things is only available to Senators and some other public servants, I'd be stuck with the entire bill, which is ridiculous. I'm looking into "dental tourism" to some country that does work on par with USA dentists (the decent ones) but where costs are much lower. Instead of $50k+ at home, I'd be happy with $10k and a tropical vacation as a bonus. I'm skeptical about that Mexican "Dental City" on the border because I've heard mixed things, and I guess reviews and social media are packed with paid posts instead of from real people who've been to dentists there. In the mean time, chewing everything on the Left side hasn't been so bad. I haven't had a cavity since my 20's, but the damage was done by then, and all work in the last 35 years has been fillings that have broken or leaked, resulting in needing crowns or new fillings.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Oh yeah, a guy in my FB Master Milers group posted a 5k race result from this morning. 51 y/o 15:27, 50 y/o 16:06, 48 y/o 16:13, 56 y/o 16:53, and also a 15 y/o boy 17:03 and 15 y/o girl 17:37!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Erika, that relive is cool and sorry about the pizza.  Going to MBE's house tonight for his homemade pizza which is far better than mine.

{{{Deez}}}

I did a 3 mile run today. Well, it's something!  No other running during the week, just speed walking from home to the bus etc.  I took fewer walk breaks I think than last week and my knee felt better too.  I did 1/4 mile faster towards the end but I didn't hit the lap button correctly so I have no idea what speed it was.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

TammyinGP

challenging run for me today. We did 16 miles and 4344 ft of climbing. The views were spectacular but it was hard work getting up there!  We were at 5000 ft, at Squaw Peak Lookout and this elevation SHOULD have snow at this time of year.

Image may contain: sky, mountain, nature and outdoor

Tammy

Holly - Definitely concur with the others.  Take care of your teeth to the best of your ability.  It's not your fault the implant failed.  See what kind of compensation your dental surgeon is willing to consider.

Quickadder - Very sorry to hear about your DW's foot.  That sucks!  Crutches eventually suck the life out of you.  I told The Hub I'm burning mine when this is over.

From 54 to freezing, Kevin?  Geez!

40 min of core/ST this a.m.  I also did a 5 min WU on my bike and now my butt is irritated.  First time well over a month.  *sigh*  We'll see how that goes.  I'm worried about the nerve issue in my foot, so I have an appt with a podiatrist on Thursday, a doc I saw a few years ago and was supportive of my running.

Anybody else hooked on "Live PD"?  Do you know what a "personal locker" is?  It's a very popular hiding place. 

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance