Masters Running

Tuesday Trots...24 Nov (Read 402 times)

evanflein

Thanks, Larry. That must be it. I'm currently zone-less. Hope to change that soon. Sorry to be a bummer on the thread... I like reading about some of you guys' upbeat runs and busy days! Well, I'm plenty busy, just not so upbeat. But, I'm not a moper, so I'll snap out of it soon. Find my Zone, as you say.

Byll, I suppose if I ever did bake cookies again, the two teenaged maws in the house would take care of them. I'll keep your offer in mind, though.

20 minutes on the elliptical, 20+ minutes of weights in another rushed workout... Looking forward to spending more time on stuff on Friday while the madding crowds are spending money.

Mariposai

Erika, for everything there is a season and our season right now is to be "zone-less". We WILL come out of these stronger than ever. I just know it.

Well, I survived the interview. I was pretty and calm. I think I got all the answers I was looking for regarding the organization, the position and the team. I hope they got their answers as well. I will find out about the result in two weeks. Thanks for the good wishes....I took you in the interview with me...and you all made me feel so powerful.

After the interview was over I went out to lunch at my favorite Mexican Restaurant and then drove to the woods for some journaling, walking, reading and then I ran 8 miles. 4 miles easy and then 4 miles faster to get rid of the cobweb in my head.

Tuesday night is Scout's night in the Posie household so the boys will be gone. I will be home alone with a good book on my lap.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Where have  Mary, PDR and WRFB been lately?

Here I am.

5 miles at 9:30/mi this morning - in the rain.  We'll call it GA.

Holly is my hero.  I can't imagine the time-management skills it take to get everything done.

I'm also really proud of my sister, who has gone back to school at age 57 to earn her MLS (Master of LIbrary Science). She's doing great and I'm really pleased.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

TammyinGP

Had a good run at the track tonight with Laura. We ran our usual 7 miles a bit faster than previous weeks by one minute for a total time of 1:03:41. I was pleased about picking up some speed towards the end of this run.

8.55, 9.13, 9.11, 9.25, 9.25, 8.54, 8.31.

Erika's name came up in conversation and Laura asked about your Vit D intake during your darker days in Alaska.

Timbo's name came up . . . and that's all I'm saying.

Mariposai's name came out in conversation also and she's looking forward to seeing you again in Newport.

And Tet and Divechief's names came up also and then Laura inquired about hottubs at the condo we are renting in Newport  . . .

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

And Tet and Divechief's names came up also and then Laura inquired about hottubs at the condo we are renting in Newport  . . .

good girl tammy, keep it to hot tubs as much as possible (unless she loves oysters too). Smile

no need to tell TIM I said this but maybe tell laura that divechief is not only fast

(especially if he has six months to train) but he's very, very good in the hot tub

just like you like it too. 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)