Masters Running

Ultimate Sunday...... (Read 336 times)

C-R

A bit quiet this week due to work and an out of town HM race yesterday (FAIL). Ran a 13.2 today as punishment (but I enjoyed it - reverse psychology and all that).

TW - that was a funny starting post.

Nice race and AG place Tramps.

Some good runs in the Master Forum this weekend. Well done.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Slo

19.8 miles 8:09 average pace. Solid stuff.

A new 5k pr set yesterday 20:03...on tired legs. No hardware, over 1400 people. Thats to big for a 5k race.

Very nice running Masters! Whoo Hoo !

Hiya Walt.

Gotta go...Maybe I'll check back later.

TW.... around here the Ultimate leagues are apparently the new singles thing (not that I'd know!)

Some terrific runs today!

Nice LR with friends, OM!

WTG on the hardware, Tramps! 

^5 on the 5K PR Slo..... and to follow that up with such a solid LR today....... you're rockin' it! 

Congrats on the 3rd OA yesterday, Enke!!

Two of the girls at work, both newbie runners talked me into going with then for the St Patrick's Day 5K in downtown Toronto.  The entry fee was steep, even in Canadian terms, but it was for charity and there was a nice tech shirt offered, along with the promise of chili and beer after.  What with the LR yesterday, I knew I wouldn't be racing, so thought at best I'd pace one or other of the girls, especially since the foot was quite sore still this morning. The course was a nice flat out and back through downtown streets.  With two metatarsal pads in the right shoe, the foot felt half decent, so I paced the faster of the two out to the turn around, then dropped back to bring in the second, less experienced woman in  to the finish.  A PW for me at just over 30 minutes, but the girls both did better than they every had, and I got a good recovery run in.  Foot still hurts after, but at least it's not any worse.

One frightening scene occured on the course however...on the return I passed a group of about 10-12 people in the middle of the street, gathered around a prone older runner.... with a young woman giving him CPR.  On the train home, another participant I was talking to said that he saw the man fall mid stride like he'd been shot, apparently hitting his head on the pavement.  As others stopped immediately, he kept running, so he didn't see what followed.  Apparently paramedics were there in only a couple of minutes, but there was no word on whether or not he made it back at the start/finish, or on the news since.  Tragic!!

Stay safe everyone!

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

Congrats Tramps on your 8k almost PR race and SLO on your 5K PR!

Heme, that sounds awful, the man falling down.

It rained ALL DAY so I wimped out of running (plus I lost an hour somewhere) but I did go to the pool with the family and I swam 1000m.  Which felt really easy too.  Popped up at the end to see my kid's swmming instructor (remember amazing abs guy?) smiling at me from the next lane.  ...drool... 1 mile, here I come!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

lamerunner

Greetings! Nice running..  Busy ski weekend, but I got a decent long run in yesterday, about 21 miles in 3 hours.  Just one gel and a small amount of water from a spring. I ran from Bear Peak/Attitash where DS was racing.  Pretty run, rather hilly for most of it but I felt pretty strong.  

Today I just skiiied and watched the races. No time for a recovery run.

Just 5 weeks to Boston!   Yikes...

Henrun

We both ran 4 early this am in Oahu with the ocean on our right and diamond head on our left. Saw large groups of runners from the Honolulu marathon training clinic. Then off to a beautiful beach and snorkeling spot. shortly a honolulu festival parade will happen.  the fireworks have been canceled because of the earthquake victims.

some wonderful runs today in much colder temps then here! pearl harbor memorial tomorrow

evanflein

Geez, Heme, scary stuff! Hope he was ok...

I admit to just skimming the thread today, seems like it's already so late like I lost an hour somewhere. I won't mind the extra daylight in the evening though, but I find the whole concept of daylight savings so stoopid.

Yesterday's run: 10.1 miles with some hilly stuff @ 8:20 avg pace. Felt relaxed and good throughout, and loving the bright sunshine we've been having.

Today's run: 20.2 miles @ 8:16 avg pace, and I actually had a negative split by about a minute! That hardly ever happens to me. Helps to have all the hills in the first half, I guess.

We've had outstanding weather for I think the last couple of weeks. And no clouds in the forecast for the coming week. The only thing that could be better is to have the daytime temps get a little warmer to melt the ice on the roads, but that'll come... Spring break this week for our kids.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Tramps - Congrats on the AG placement.  Yes, the Garmin will get us back to where we need to go, but it won't bring rescue to us if needed, i.e. if one of us got hurt or something.  With regard to getting lost, we make arrows out of branches, etc., at intersections so we know which way to go when we get back there.

Posie - One of these days you'll have to come down to Humboldt and run with us. Smile

5 miles this a.m., followed by some really great pancakes at the Trinidad Eatery - 9 grain with blueberries.  Yum!  Then just a relaxed day with The Hub.  It was nice.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

When is Handbolt, fattozig??? 

Erika, great run this week. 60+ miles this week Surprised

Grand night tonight, but dead mama.

Still smiling about batman's pictures!!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

how about eagle's pictures? omedetou.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)