Masters Running

Fridaily, 8.10.18 (Read 38 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thursday’s workouts:

RunnerKSA (3 morning miles)

Jlynne (1 morning hr of pool running + 20 min of laps)

Tramps (20 EZ morning miles on the bike)

Quickadder (5.3 EZ morning miles with DD in 75° Dew Point & 100% H)

Holly (5.2 morning miles in comfy 68° temps)

Anzlo (EZ 4 run/walk miles)

Henrun (2 slow miles in South Boston in 100% H)

Wildchild (2 mile walk for the good patient)

C-R (run in the other direction with heat and a bandana and a little shade)

Surly Bill (10.1 miles at 8:22 pace)

Mike (7.4 post-work miles)

Falconfixer (5+ soupy morning miles, near 8:45 pace)

Evanflein (10.8 hilly trail evening miles at 8:58 pace, feeling good)

Mike, I'm so sorry about your dad's passing, but am glad you had some good time with him before he left you.

Twocat, those don't sound like fun operations, but I'll just keep hoping they both restore you to good running shape. I was also wondering how one tears their hamstring off the bone - yikes! Your barbecue sounds amazing!! 

Tet - nobody else I know sleeps in the dentist chair. However, if they did, I imagine something other that 'typical apnea blockage' would wake them. Sounds like your DW had found the upside of being 'super-cautious' during her recovery.

I went 7.3 RW miles this morning in 70° temps and only 88% H. Not great, but better than it has been.

Have a greta Friday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good workout, Jay, and thanks for the recap.

2.5 slow miles on the treadmill since I'm supposed to cool it for a couple of days after the cortisone shot (although he didn't remind me of that this time and research doesn't really mandate it).  Did the dreadmill to keep it flat and control the pace.  Pace-wise it wasn't hard to go slow because my HR was skyrocketing (well, up to 5K average range) from the oral steroids, which also caused me to be more bothered by the warm-ish basement.  I would have been better outside temperature wise.   But- done!  Butt feels very good after the shot.  Hope it stays....

Have a greta Friday, Masters.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good morning, all.  Humidity has broken a bit, so felt more comfortable on the way to work today.

It was in full evidence last night for our corporate 5K.  About 6000 folks that are supposed to self segregate by speed.  not always a good assumption when even from the front of the recreational runners, you're avoiding 3 and 4 wide walkers for the first 1/2 mile.  It was a slow slog for me, too--barely under 32:00.  Think it could be a PW since i went into a-fib during one, about 10 years ago.   A bunch of folks had hoses and sprinklers out, which felt really good.  One such group was a fire station that had their fogger hose going and I seriously underestimated how much it was putting out--ended up extremely well soaked.  And then didn't notice the 6" of water that had accumulated until two steps in.  oh well, it was near the end and it did feel really good.  we lost 2 of our 5 teammates at the last minute, so no official score.

Twocat--you must not have my correct address, since my invite does not seem to have shown up. 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

mrrun

Twocat--you must not have my correct address, since my invite does not seem to have shown up. 

+ 1 - same here for us!

...[[[ twocat]]]...........can you PoolRun or other type of CrossTraining??  that really sucks.......

.......to our Honorary Southerner Applicants//...........I'm from Western Kentucky and I had people there I couldn't understand ......

for the record,

it still offends me when they put captions on the screen during ''Swamp People''

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

So, since I work from home on Friday's, after getting up with DH and feeding the dogs, I decided to go back to bed for a half hour before DD would be getting up for school.  DH said, "You're not drinking the mouthwash, are you?"    So, apparently, if I want to sleep another half-hour, that means I am drinking, and mouthwash, no less.  I am a grown-a$$ person, and if I wanted to drink alcohol, I would drive to the store and purchase some, not drink mouthwash.   DH has slid right back over to the "jerk" spectrum on the marriage meter.

Swimming for me today at the Y - 50 times across the pool (1250 yards), with a 5-10 second rest at the end of each length.  Felt good to be back in the pool.  I am thinking of taking some Masters swim lessons to improve my swimming and learn some other strokes.

Nothing definitive about the bloodwork at my appointment Wednesday (read - complete waste of time and $100 copay).  She called in a couple more things to test, so I will head to the lab today sometime to get more blood drawn.

On a side note, I have decided that Raisin Bran is a pretty awesome post-workout food.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

anneb

Holly - WTF on your H? That's rude... and stupid 

4.3 miles for me this morning after running the same on the treadmill last night after work. So yesterday it was 90 and then it stormed and I thought it would cool some but no! Still 70 with same dew point (actually ground still wet, of course nothing dries when it's like that). Maybe tomorrow will be more comfortable...

TGIF!

Anne

Holly-  Excluding all the guys on this forum, of course, but men can be REAL JERKS sometimes!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Holly-  Excluding all the guys on this forum, of course, but men can be REAL JERKS sometimes!

We just may not talk about ourselves enough to prove otherwise   But thanks for thinking so.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

4 miles this morning. Yesterday I was in the office and didn't bother trying to fit in a workout. I've got a deadline to meet.

I think we'd be better off with some type of universal medical plan in this country (USA), but when I think about transition, it blows my mind. It will take folks a lot smarter than me to figure it out. I have worked as a senior IT developer for most of the last 34 years in a company that processes medical/dental/vision/RX claims for self-insured companies and government agencies.  I maintain the core programs where millions of claims pass through each year.  We interface with large numbers of provider networks, RX vendors, and other services.

What happens to the massive infrastructure that currently exists in this industry?

Medicare reimburses at about 80% of private insurance (and Medicaid is about 56%).  If doctors and hospitals have to start receiving only Medicare payments from everyone will there be a lot of people/places going bankrupt?

I could drone on and on with the thoughts I have.

I LOVE cold cereal as a post-workout treat.  Alas, we rarely have it in the house 'cause The Hub can consume an entire box in a couple of days.

Holly - It won't be easy, but don't let your DH's Jerkyll/Hyde personality derail you from your goal in any way, shape, or form.

I love Southern accents.  And Australian accents.  And all parts of Africa accents.  And Eastern Indian accents.  . . . I'm a sucker for accents.

Erika - A local running friend is up in your area for a couple of months.  Her name is Tracy Johnson and she just joined up with the running club to train for the Equinox.  She has long, thick light red hair.  I told her to watch for you so the two of you could chat about how wonderful a person I am.   Right now they have a small cabin outside of Fairbanks.  Their eventual goal is to move to Fairbanks permanently.

My PT appt is today.  Wish me luck!   3 miles after work yesterday.  Some discomfort afterwards.  Gives me more info to discuss with the PT.

Happy Friday, friends.  Enjoy ~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

TwoCat - I can't believe that injury!! ouch! 
                          Mike - my condolences to you and your family.

Holly - well, for the one step he took forward, that just set him back to what my perception of him has been. sorry you had to deal with that nasty and uncalled for remark. 

since I'm back in stinky smokey land, i'll be heading to the gym to run the TM while the 3 dogs are at the groomers. 

Tammy

DH has slid right back over to the "jerk" spectrum on the marriage meter.

I've never met your DH but he definitely seems to have his "jerk" moments. Really? He accused you of drinking mouthwash? And because - as hard as you work - you decided to stay in bed an extra half hour? Tell him to get up with you some morning at 5 or 6 and run 10 miles with you.

Good luck today Leslie.

I think Twocat forgot his RA friends on the invite list for that dinner!

A little over 4 miles run/walked this morning and 20 minutes of weights, core and stretching. It was 70° with 61% dew point - JTWILI. This is my new "happy" approach to the weather lately

I made over $300 at my moving sale yesterday. Back out for day #2. Have a great Friday folks.

Oh, I'm a complete a$$hole and jerk and minion of the Dark Side when certain buttons are pushed in the correct sequence. And mildly unpleasant when attempts are made but in the wrong sequence, or inadvertently pushed without knowledge of the pusher that they are being pushed. I don't think that's a gender thing, though. 

Regardless, the DH gets a thumbs down for tact.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

wildchild

Carolyn

What happens to the massive infrastructure that currently exists in this industry?

Medicare reimburses at about 80% of private insurance (and Medicaid is about 56%).  If doctors and hospitals have to start receiving only Medicare payments from everyone will there be a lot of people/places going bankrupt?

I could drone on and on with the thoughts I have.

I guess if we do go to single payer (not that it's at all likely), then a bunch of people like you who work for insurance companies and associated businesses will be out of work.  Most doctor's offices have staff who do nothing but process insurance paperwork - so they'd be out of work, but the doctor's office would save a bunch of money, that might offset the lower payments from Medicare.   I wonder how other countries handled it when they went to government health insurance?

Holly, maybe your DH needs to get his meds adjusted (not sure if he's on any, but just a thought).  My DH has been on an emotional rollercoaster for months, and acted like a total jerk sometimes, but he got his meds adjusted (hormones/thyroid) and he's much easier to get along with now. 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.