Masters Running

Mrs. Tramps' National Marathon RR (Read 302 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Mile 22. Everything hurts. I focus on moving from one mile to the next.

I know exactly how that feels….

My DH and I have an inside joke that every marathon I run falls on the date I’m due to be on my period.  Luckily, it hasn’t always panned out that way, but more often than I would like it has.  And this coming Sunday, when I run the ORRRC Marathon, is no different – once again I’m due to start that day.  Hopefully this time it won’t work out that way.  One thing that’s worse, though, is the day BEFORE my period starts - for some reason this is typically an extremely low-energy day for me - so it's hard to decide which is worse for race day.

You had a lot of extra stuff to deal with on this first marathon, but you didn’t let it get in the way – great job!  I’m so glad your knee calmed down, and I hope it continues to be okay.

Congratulations, Marathoner!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Congratulations!  We women are a tough lot, aren't we? Big grin  Am looking forward to how things go for you at B2B.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

This is a great report, please thanks your wife for sharing it with all us! and reading this makes me so glad I don't deal with "those unwanted visitor" issues. That sounds awful! don't get me wrong, at age 44, I'm still dealing with "it" (probably had more races with the visitor than without) but I don't feel any differently when the visitor is here versus when it's not. ughh, I can't imagine running and heavy cramping at the same time. She is one tough lady! I guess all those years of marriage to Tramps would make you tough though, eh? Joking

I can't wait to hear how she does on her Tri! She is one driven athlete!

Tammy

Tramps

From my DW, who was very touched by your interests and comments:

--------------------

Thank you everyone for your thoughtful words. I know there will be some tough days ahead, and when those times hit, I will peek back at this thread for some encouragement.

enkephalin--If folks prefer a handle to "Mrs Tramps," based on Fortunate One's' comment, I like "True Grit"

stumpy77--Alas, even if I posted I would not be able to spill the beans on Tramps. It's in the fine print of our pre-nup agreement, along with a clause denying me all rights to his millions.

----"True Grit" (formerly known as Mrs.Tramps)

Be safe. Be kind.

evanflein

Dear True Grit:

Very good report of a very challenging first marathon for you. You've earned that handle. Rest up, recover and get busy working on that Ironman. That's a race report I'm looking forward to! Congratulations on this race.

Mrs Tramps (AKA True Grit), congratulations on becoming a marathoner.  And to think you got there in 6 months.  It took me longer than that to build up to a 5K.  You are one tough lady with a great attitude.  No marathon will get you down.

TomS

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

True Grit is perfect!   Wow - you have acomplished so much in 6 months - very impressive!!!   That knee pain would have scared the bejeebers out of me too.   You will totally rock the b2b and I hope you write to tell us about it!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com