Masters Running

Wednesday 7/12/23 Hump Day Runs (Read 38 times)

[[[dave]]]

[[[holly's DH ]]]]

==================

30-min StairClimber

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Happy anniversary, Jeanne!    Dave- that really is a lot and it isn't whining.  That is such a concern about your granddaughter.  It is just so tough these days for young people and social media doesn't help.  We actually went through a lot with Kira as a teenager, too.  One reason I have no desire to have grandkids is that I just can't stand the worry.  I admire all of you for how much support and love you are able to give!

The reason I said my run was too fast was because I really need to figure out (again) that truly easy pace.  I seem to have lost it- and it is very important especially for older runners.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

Moebo - yikes on the wire!  But that sounds like a lot more pain than DH has been having.  Still.....

DH has been seeing a NP and not a Dr. and I have been telling him to get with an actual Dr., so he has an appt next week.  I cannot take time off work to join him so I am planning on writing down a good summary of everything he has been going through for him to take to the appt.

Tet - so exciting about your move!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

anneb

Hi all, happy hump day.

Dave - I agree with others and say that sounds like a lot. I don't think its whining at all.

Holly - I think you writing down summary/questions is a good idea. He has to stay on it (figuring out the health stuff). It really is not that easy to do, when something out of the ordinary comes up. I think he needs some kind of scan (colonoscopy/MRI or CT of area) to really see if there is anything going on. It's probably frustrating that you can't just get that done now (or soon).

I went for a 2 mile walk before work/rain this AM. It was faster than my walk on Sunday!

Anne

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Roch - no need to rescue me from Ikea: next time' I get you and Tramps out here for an Ikea party before I start. . while DW and moebo celebrate in the "as-is" section.

You even negotiated the Ikea thing without Tramps and me having to come out there to rescue you.

The oldest message was my original "Welcome to Gmail" message from 2005. The second oldest there was from March 16, 2005 and contained this:

Doug - neat. I've got 14,000 e-mails on my aol account that, if I could search better instead of just having to scroll back twenty years, would probably include messages between DiveChief and regarding Aamos gearing up to run the 2003 Seattle Marathon in brand new shoes.  At least I've never had that problem. 

Moebo - sounds scary. Be careful or you'll have both blood and blemishes.  Good luck to you and all in figuring theirs out.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi all, happy hump day.

Dave - I agree with others and say that sounds like a lot. I don't think its whining at all.

Holly - I think you writing down summary/questions is a good idea. He has to stay on it (figuring out the health stuff). It really is not that easy to do, when something out of the ordinary comes up. I think he needs some kind of scan (colonoscopy/MRI or CT of area) to really see if there is anything going on. It's probably frustrating that you can't just get that done now (or soon).

I went for a 2 mile walk before work/rain this AM. It was faster than my walk on Sunday!

Holly--just a wild guess.  I had(have) a hiteal (?) hernia as part of my particular illness .  I had to swallow several things and multiple x-ray and such.  But I get to talk to GI soon.  I had +/-25lbs lost, so maybe?/

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Hi, Stumpy.

35 min of core and upper body ST after work.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Just popping in to report my 8 mile run that included 5 miles at a 6:43 pace.  It didn’t feel too bad.  Then I lifted weights with Zac.  It was leg day.

Take care of yourself, Dave—that’s a whole lot of crap you’re dealing with.

Okay—gotta go.  See ya!

SteveP

Holly - Thank you for the start.

Steve - is it your hip that is still giving you grief?  Glad the fire wasn't worse.

Yes and Yes.

If I understand correctly, there is not always a rash with Lymes.

Tetsujin209 - I'm glad you had a PCP visit.  Here's to a smooth transition to an apartment.

Jay - A friend says she plants lavender to keep the deer out of her plants.

(((((Dave59))))) You will get through this.  It doesn't seem fair.  What Annabell is going through is concerning.

Rochrunner - There's a strong and growing history with some members of this forum.

Moebo - Ugh - No sun this time of year would tug at my heartstrings.  Good luck,

I got up at 2:10 and did a bit of puttering around before I hit the trail.  I had a joyous 3.2 miles at a 19:37 pace!

I came in and did the PT thing and felt pretty good.  The muscles did their thing later, so I slapped a Salonpas. Then did a quick check on baby rabbits.

Dunkin had a drop off appointment at the vet.  I was in the parking lot and my phone started blowing up with calls and texts.  I still had to go into an exam room for a pre-drop off interview.  Our pooch was distressed and started crying.  I sat on the floor with him, and we had talks.  He laid next to me and put his head on my lap. The kid who did the interview was very green.  We all have to start somewhere.  She kept thanking me for my patience, but I'll be OK is I don't see her again.

I got to work and hit the ground running.  It wasn't until after 1:00 PM before I logged onto our system.

A supplier sent an email chastising me because she was taking a drink of water when she read an email from me.  Apparently, she spit the water onto her screen.  She knew who the mail was from before she opened it.

I did have to send a nasty gram (nasty for me).  I called a supplier at8:15 AM over an urgency where they dropped the ball.  The fella said that he'd call right back.  I called back every hour after that and the call went to voicemail where the mailbox is full.  I took a screen shot of my call log.  I forward the vendor a copy of the original letter I sent which he ignored.  I stated how I called early in the day and was still waiting for a call be.  Attached a copy of the call log.  The I CC'd the dude's boss.  I got a call back 5 minutes after I sent the letter.

There was a meet and greet with a new rep from a long-time supplier.  He got the welcome with a big kiss treatment.  His boss said they had been waiting for that and told the new guy not to drink anything while reading a complaint letter.  I told them that we will have a working relationship.  Hopefully it's fun, but it does not have to be.

I got the Dunkin back from the vet.  For someone who has been through the things he's been through, he has a good bill of health.  We scheduled a teeth cleaning.

He went back to work with me and kept some of my coworkers occupied while I looked into their product availability issues.  There was quite a line up.

We had a store meeting at 5:15 that was only 45 minutes. Our GM said I got recognition at the district level for the property's Facebook page.  I latter told him that the editors tear my stuff apart and I can barely recognize it as my stuff.  DW took the pooch home with her.

I worked until 6:50 and went to a Knight of Columbus meeting where we said "goodbye" to a priest who is moving to 5 parishes where their priest retired.  We had a long talk after.

SteveP