Masters Running

Friday 12/15 Daily (Read 40 times)

Nothing new here.  I'm single crutching it.  I figure why wait for a doc to tell me to stay off my foot until it feels better?  If that's what it comes to, I'll at least have had a head start.  Why a single crutch?  'Cause it sufficiently takes the load off my foot whilst still allowing me to carry a mug of coffee. 

For those of you in cold temps:

Image result for it's so cold out here i farted snowflakes

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave59

metalmancpa's got the Right Idea,

I've run with a balaclava for many years, and the air gets about 20-degrees warmer

I've found that the balaclavas that I have tried are too thick/heavy for running.

I've ordered a Merino Wool Buff.  Going to try that out this winter once it gets here.  They have a "How to wear" video that shows all the different ways to use it.

http://www.buffwear.com/adult-neckwear/adult-neckwear-merino-wool

I have a couple of thinner buffs that I wear a lot in the winter just to keep my neck warm and ear pops (http://www.earpops.com/products/bandless-ear-muffs-earpops.html).  I look like a dork with the pops, but I don't care.  They keep my ears nice and toasty.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I thought a balaclava was something to eat.

No buff running in the winter, though.

up-and-down 400 stairs on the way to foot doctor

for toe-nail cleaning that Medicare covers every nine weeks.

I haven't told Dr. yet why my feet are so "sturdy,"

as he nicely puts it.  (DW says "minikui" - (ugly).

Even been trying out the acupuncture options too before the end-of-the-year.

and, of course, there's the free memberships in all the local fitness clubs

(LA / 24-hour / etc.) that I even went to once.

Pretty sad commentary that one of the best things

about getting old is the insurance coverage.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

refreshing 12° temps

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Dave - sadly, the buff demo link wouldn't work for me.

Ear Pops made me smile.

5 miles for me today on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Me, too.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Pretty sad commentary that one of the best things

about getting old is the insurance coverage.

...I'm waiting to hear what the other thing is.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

wildchild

Carolyn

Yep, the state of insurance in this country is appalling, and Congress is trying their hardest to make it worse.

5.5 snowy trail miles with the Friday gang.  I love my Friday runfam!  Today's run was slow and social, and we climbed up to an overlook with amazing views - sorry I forgot my camera today!

Metalman, I bet the folks at your truck repair shop looked at you like you were crazy when you ran home in those temps!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

6 @ 8:14

Kind of hazy here today, it doesn't smell like smoke and it doesn't look like fog. Temps still in the upper 60's, still just a light breeze. Weatherman says we're getting high winds all weekend, and dry air. Extreme fire danger.

Healthcare; I've always felt the healthcare system could model the education system. We have public schools available to all, and we have private schools that charge tuition. They co-exist, they are not mutually exclusive. The existence of free public schools does not cause the private schools to go out of business. In fact, most have a waiting list. Working all that out within our polarized political system is another matter.

On the HR thing, in my fittest years, we would sometimes take a 6 second count and times it by 10. After some hard intervals, I often would have 250-270, obviously above any max HR on any chart. We'd then walk or stand for two minutes and take it again, and I'd be down into the 70's or 80's. Sure, I could have miscounted in that 6 seconds, but it wouldn't have been by more than 1-2 beats, and maybe it was MORE than 270. My question is: did I die?

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

...I'm waiting to hear what the other thing is.......

that would be very easy,

. . . even if I can't post it rightside up.

ps - if post doesn't work, the answer starts

with "grand" and ends with "kids."

fishing trip when I was going up there a lot last summer.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

1.3 outside in the dark at the end of a long day

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Yes, I know I'm posting on yesterday's thread.  I never got to yesterday's thread, yesterday, so I'm posting, today, on yesterday's thread because I'm reading yesterday's thread, today.  If I were in Beijing, this might be the post from two days, ago...or maybe two days from now...but, I'm not in Beijing, so today is today and yesterday was yesterday, but I'm still posting on yesterday's thread, today.

No buff running in the winter, though.

I agree to both.

Sorry, to hear about your foot, Leslie...you sure do go through a lot of these things.

I ran 10 miles, then my oldest daughter picked me up and helped me do some of my Christmas shopping.  I love that kid.

Okay--gotta go read today's thread.  See ya!