Masters Running

Thu Jan 8 Runs and etc (Read 543 times)

xor

Maine, don't dawdle if you want to run the Goofy. It literally fills up in a week or two. (There are a lot of Goofy people! I might do it too.) Bill
    Indeed. And registration for 2010 opens monday morning.

Yeah, where did DickyG go? 6 miles, 3 inside, 3 outside. Hr still high, calf still tight but slowly improving. After browsing lots of race photos yesterday, starting with the fastest runners (6:00 pace for a 10 mile run), it was surprising to me that only about 1/15 or less photos would show the runner with both feet airborne. And these were the fast runners. Most photos looked like an embarrasing freeze frame of the runner squatting on one leg, grimacing. I feel freakily lucky. My gym doesn't seem any more crowded than usual, perhaps less so, weird eh? But I bet on Saturday...that's when all the fatties (and I say that affectionately) will come out for their 15 min TM walk.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

After browsing lots of race photos yesterday, ... only about 1/15 or less photos would show the runner with both feet airborne
        I am glad you did the study, enk. That's very typical for me. But in http://www.pbase.com/lking/image/97962490 I can see TheProFromDover who was nice enough to support me, with both feet off the ground. Sheesh. Oh wait, here's one http://www.pbase.com/lking/image/97962492. I bet I could (barely) slide a sheet of paper there under my left foot Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Ok, if anyone has the time to toggle thru this link and find yours truly, feel free. Go to "sport galleries" click on "boxing day run" click on the last time zone, 1:41 plus go to second page I'm photo number 551 I do believe I'm airborne. http://mzphotos.com/

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

I do believe I'm airborne
            Way more airborne than I was in my photo (or any photos which have ever been taken of me). Great picture!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

After browsing lots of race photos yesterday, starting with the fastest runners (6:00 pace for a 10 mile run), it was surprising to me that only about 1/15 or less photos would show the runner with both feet airborne.
              My dad showed someone at his work a photo taken during my first race. She says, "I thought you said she was running? She looks like she's walking." Evil grin Dad says, "Well, it was near the end, she was running in sand, and I assume she was getting tired." Thanks for sticking up for me, Pops!

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Oh yeah, way airborne and with a look of great determination on your face. Great photo!

Once a runner . . .

Renee the dog

Just got back a little while ago from a planned 7 mi tempo run. I felt like Warren Miller was along with me, 'cause I kept hearing him narrate my run. "You'd think an afternoon run would be a good choice for a tempo run. But, you'd be wrong." "You'd think running the dog down 18th St. to get water in all the puddles would be a good idea. But, you'd be wrong." And, after several mishaps, and chucking the tempo in favor of some fartleks, I heard this from Warren: "If you don't get that pace to 7:00 min and hold it there for a 1/2 mile, you might be one year older when you do." (which is a horrible corruption of one of his great lines -- but hey I was fartleking! Apparently, I get oxygen-deprived when running at higher speed). I did end up with 7 mi in roughly the time I wanted to cover with the tempo -- but 4 perfect tempo miles in the middle of 2 warm up and a cool down mile were nowhere to be had today. Some good running out there today. Too bad mine wasn't. Wink

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

11 on the TM in the AM at the GM.
                    TammyinGP

3 on the TM at lunchtime in the surprisingly empty gym. What happened to the new years resolutioners? did about 3/4 to a mile at a faster than normal speed for me. 8:30's. checking my progress so far for 2009. . . . 16.6 miles down, 1283.4 to go! Roll eyes

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

The VO2 max is probably related to what you were born with in terms of heart and lungs (?) I find this kind of depressing Smile
                        Not depressing at all... I can blame my lack of speed on my parents, instead of on myself! Big grin Perch, excellent PBJ special! Looks like you've got good parents... Jeanne, are you signed up for the Green Bay Marathon, or the half? I miss DickyG too, and also SteveP (aka Batman)! And where are Amy and Dan hiding? Tramps, thanks for the link to the McMillan article. Twocat, you could just say "I" instead of "Twocat". We'd figure out who you were talking about. Tongue Leslie, great photo of the dog and skunk. Cool Enke, awesome race photo! That would be worth buying, for sure! I was lucky enough to go for a shorts-and-tee-shirt trail run at lunchtime! 61F, partly sunny. 5.4 miles, 10:30 avg pace. Nice!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

Enke - that is a GREAT pic!!! Very much worth buying! I want a pic like that someday Big grin

Tammy

The Jogger

Yes Enke, mid air shot, nice one........ Roy
                            Mariposai

Mariposai what are you looking at? I love cars so buying one is among my favorite topics. Dead
                              Great I will send you the list of what we are thinking about and you can do the research, which BTW I detest researching for a car...now research about cultures is another story. Just finished my first class of the day...this teaching via tv is starting to grow on me... off to run then back for another class

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Great photo, Enke!

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance