Masters Running

Franc's white river 50 miler pictures (Read 422 times)

Maniac 505

These just showed up in my mailbox,   these almost make me want to run this race  (only almost)

Maniac 505

5 more pictures to follow,  I'm having minor issues posting more than a couple pictures on a post

Mount Rainier

Saltvine pass

Florida camp

Finish

parting shot

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Dave., thank you very much for figuring out the photo postings. Hope some of the First Call ones might work out too.

When I saw francesca at yesterday's First Call Marathon/50K/half and she mentioned some glitches in her photowhatever system (to say nothing having to work all day afterwards as if nothing that took 31 miles had happened in the morning!), she forwarded them but my computer (to say nothing of the computer part of my brain) is slower than my running.

Maybe we can add the third set of her impending 131 mile plus trilogy in two weeks after next week's Transcendence12-hour in Olympia.  I think Dove too.

I was looking through some likely 3-ultras-in-two-weeks candidates in the Marathon Maniac insane asylum and she is one of a very elite group.  Shouldn’t be surprising though as, just a little over two years ago, she'd only run a single marathon back in 2006.  It was at the 2008 Resolution Run 5K with us (one of the many 5/10K run runs I used to see her at in those days) when she mentioned thinking it would be fun to run a 100 km like she saw some people doing back in Italy once upon a time. It was clear that she just thought it would just be like a running a 10K or something but longer. However, three months later, she followed up the 2006 marathon with Marathon Maniac qualifying consecutive ultras of 50 miles in April and, in two weeks in May, a 12-hour race (51 miles) and her first 100K. 

Congratulazioni miracle godess francesca

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Thanks for posting the pics Dave!...and Jon thanks for the constant ego boost!!

Fortunately it took me 14h for 50 M...not K.....

Maniac 505

Thanks for posting the pics Dave!...and Jon thanks for the constant ego boost!!

Fortunately it took me 14h for 50 M...not K.....

oops, sorry.  I knew it was a 50 miler.  I just went back and fixed the title.

Dave59

Beautiful pictures.  And congratulations Francesca on completing that race.

Looks like a nice place to ah..... hike.  Aren't you glad you signed up?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

coastwalker

Gorgeous! And so is the scenery...

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Beautiful!   Both Francesca and the scenery.   Thanks for sharing Divechief!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

...w0w...........almost makes me want to run a 50-miler.......

almost.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Looks like a nice place to ah..... hike.   

My thoughts exactly.  Wow, I cannot imagine running on that trail.  The views are stunning, as are you, Franc. 

Truly remarkable.

....picking up jaw from desk,

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
                          Absolutely makes me want to run there, Francesca.  Just worried it'd chew me up and spit me back out.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow - stunning!  I'd love to do this one, if I could take 3 days to do it......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Beautiful scenery but I don't think I'm tough enough to run there.

TomS

<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy" />