Masters Running

Happy Sat Master Runs - Races - and Whatever (Read 428 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Sweet 5Ks for Roch and Walt, and sweet 20+ milers for Tammy and Timmy!  And Holly, congrats on your first trail ultra!  I peeked at your log and see you clocked a 5:36:16 - very speedy!  Can't wait for the pictures!

I did a slow and sluggish 6.3 miles around my hilly neighborhood, avg pace only about 12mm.  No sproink today so I figured I'd put off my long run till tomorrow.

DD took three SAT subject tests this morning (math, physics, and biology).   Her last day of school was Wednesday but she's been studying for these tests since then, so now that they're over, she's really on summer vacation!   

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Some great running today!

Tim - Glad your 20+ went so well.

Tammy - Woo hoo on your first 20-miler.  Way to go!

Holly - Have you turned to the dark side now??  More trail running in your future??

18.20 miles of hills, hills, and more hills today, and tomorrow get to turn around and do another 10.  However, Trails 4/8 to 12 and back are not my schedule . . . although I'll probably run them.  Today it was twice up then down, the next 2 weeks it'll be 3x, and the following week, right before taper, 4x.  I absolutely despise that combination because 12 is so frigging steep, but it's what we need to get us through SOB in a month.

Well, off to get some transcription done.  Later!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

DG, your AM sounds sweet!!!

I, too, predict Holly will bring home a prize today.  She is one dedicated runner.  Her attention to core work, her excellent training and natural ability will serve her well in this ultra.

Her posts is like bringing us prizes

Nice 5k Walt

DW went with the In Laws and got away for the weekend. I've got FIL's dog. She remembers her tricks from last winter, however, she can't dance with Tag any more. They've had her maybe 6 years and The Evil White Thing Angel was an adult when she showed up on the doorstep. When I got the running shoes out though, both dogs were all over me. The Evil White Thing Angel was on the leash because she will always run off. We got to the trails and Tag grabbed the leash and pulled both of us. He was running sideways and backwards pulling us. If you are cracking up while telling your dog he's bad, they do not take you seriously. Part way through the first loop Tag started taking the less direct routes. I heard him running up from behind. He ran between FIL's dog and clotheslined himself. All three of us went down. I used a derogatory term for some one with limited intellect. Angel had no idea what happened and Tag wanted to try it again.  The 2nd time, he jumped over the leash. After that, he ran around. After the 1.5 mile loop, the dogs drank from the creek and the Samoyed is a nice shade of gray with hints of algae and dead leaves.

I hooked her to the truck and left a dish of water. Tag and I went around one more time. Sweet. On the 2nd loop though I kept thinking of FIL's dog hooked to the truck and a Chevy Chase movie.

SteveP

SteveP

SteveP

Mariposai

Congrats to the Ultra queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!! and ultra trail queen that is folks.

Tammy, I was thinking of you all morning. Great run sister....now let the taper time madness govern your life..

Nancy...Congratulations! You have been accepted into the ING New York City Marathon 2009. We are thrilled that you will be joining us on Sunday, November 1, 2009
            New York, New York... watch out...my butterfly wings are coming to you!!!!!!!

yeepeeeeeeeee

As a child back home I would dream of running this marathon someday and my dream is going to come true on Nov. 1.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

dg.

DG, your AM sounds sweet!!!

I, too, predict Holly will bring home a prize today.  She is one dedicated runner.  Her attention to core work, her excellent training and natural ability will serve her well in this ultra.

Her posts is like bringing us prizes

Nice 5k Walt

DW went with the In Laws and got away for the weekend. I've got FIL's dog. She remembers her tricks from last winter, however, she can't dance with Tag any more. They've had her maybe 6 years and The Evil White Thing Angel was an adult when she showed up on the doorstep. When I got the running shoes out though, both dogs were all over me. The Evil White Thing Angel was on the leash because she will always run off. We got to the trails and Tag grabbed the leash and pulled both of us. He was running sideways and backwards pulling us. If you are cracking up while telling your dog he's bad, they do not take you seriously. Part way through the first loop Tag started taking the less direct routes. I heard him running up from behind. He ran between FIL's dog and clotheslined himself. All three of us went down. I used a derogatory term for some one with limited intellect. Angel had no idea what happened and Tag wanted to try it again.  The 2nd time, he jumped over the leash. After that, he ran around. After the 1.5 mile loop, the dogs drank from the creek and the Samoyed is a nice shade of gray with hints of algae and dead leaves.

I hooked her to the truck and left a dish of water. Tag and I went around one more time. Sweet. On the 2nd loop though I kept thinking of FIL's dog hooked to the truck and a Chevy Chase movie.

thanks Steve.  it was!  

I was cracking up when I read this.  good thing you weren't telling me I was bad.  I saw your post at the end of Friday's daily...  I'm glad you liked that link!    I could watch that little guy (you think it's a guy?) all day.   Or much of it.  -).    Are you going to make one for Tag?    I think Stevie Ray should get one for Tobias, too.     

High Five Tag for me for his water bravery!  Smile

dg.

Congrats to the Ultra queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!! and ultra trail queen that is folks.

Tammy, I was thinking of you all morning. Great run sister....now let the taper time madness govern your life..

Nancy...Congratulations! You have been accepted into the ING New York City Marathon 2009. We are thrilled that you will be joining us on Sunday, November 1, 2009
                New York, New York... watch out...my butterfly wings are coming to you!!!!!!!

yeepeeeeeeeee

As a child back home I would dream of running this marathon someday and my dream is going to come true on Nov. 1.

Oh Nancy.... if anyone deserves a dream come true, it's you.    Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Nancy - very cool!!

Dg - I showed that link to DS and we cracked up together.....

Steve -   I'm so glad you're back posting regularly again - you are such a joy....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Bravo to all you fantastic runners!   I am so impressed with  you!  

Tammy , you looked just great when you came in after your 6 mile + Half  with great form and not wasted out.  I went to hug you, and then was told by Econo that you had run on for another mile!   Looking at you at the lunch place, I would have never guessed that you had just ran 20 miles. Sorry you couldn't have stayed, but you did the right thing to go see cute boy playing football. 

Have a great time in Seattle.  You are going to have such fun and do so well. 

MaEcono, aka Woods Lady

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I finished up the HM almost DGL.

thanks tammy

glad I found this

but there`s nothin` wrong with dgl

except you`ll never get it if I`m around..

ps to mari - is there a reception for your ds too who studied in Japan?

ps to aamos - what`s your e-mail for the Japanese writing for your friend?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)