Masters Running

Tuesday Nov 12 (Read 40 times)

Roch - have you been sleep-shopping?

Years ago, the ex-wife of one of my old bosses was taking some kind sleep medication.  Ends up she was going online and ordering a bunch of stuff and had no idea until it all started showing up at her house.  Needless to say, she stopped taking the medication . . .

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Sounds like it's slippery/icy/snowy everywhere today!  Here too - it was too cold for yesterday's inch of snow to melt, and all the tire tracks on the neighborhood dirt roads just make it slick.  I walked to the rec center and back, 2 miles each way, and did a short weight workout there.    I've been trying to do a little light running or power walking on my trips to the rec center this past week, but with the conditions today I just walked.

Tamster, I'm sad to hear about Annie.  It's never easy to let our pets go, but sounds like it was her time.  Tazzie and Ladybug are still  with us, but they'll be 15 in a few months and I doubt they'll be here much longer.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

The particular way it's addressed matches my name & address as I have it in my Paypal account, but again, that account is clean.

Can you return it (to Chi..na?) so you don't get a bill in the future for accepting it?

Any mention of bic..ycle, or anything, even herein, e.g tra.vel / vis.a, etc. can trigger targeted advertising but connecting it to a Pa. . yPal account is a giant leap into the future.

Years ago, the ex-wife of one of my old bosses was taking some kind sleep medication.  Ends up she was going online and ordering a bunch of stuff and had no idea until it all started showing up at her house.  Needless to say, she stopped taking the medication . . .

Neat excuse, . . . but kind of sounds like the Chinese businessman who lived next door to us in Singapore and had his wife believing that their live-in maid had put the household under a black magic spell that could only be staved off by his continuing affair with the maid.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

(((Tammy)))

Racing the sun today; I thought I'd have plenty of time starting at 4pm, but NOOOOO.

6.4, finished in the last of the gloaming. Pushed it a bit, doing the last 2 miles under 7:00 pace.

I guess I need to start getting out by 3, or doing morning or mid-day runs.

Temps in the mid to upper 70's today, and barely a breeze. Really nice. I'm glad our Fall is being extended a bit.

Tramps; you get it. I'm witnessing many boomer discussions where they are taking any criticism of the circumstances of their generation as a personal attack, and coming out with all keyboard keys swinging. That's a sign of narcissism, which unfortunately just bolsters the generation's negative stereotype. That's just the hotheads with little to no empathy, this group doesn't fit the stereotype. Do runners EVER easily fit a stereotype?!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

TammyinGP sorry to hear about the loss of your pup. Putting down a beloved pet is always tough.

anneb maybe you can come to my house and talk me DW into ditching boxes and boxes of stuff that she either refuses to use (like dinnerware that cannot be put in the dishwasher and she does not want to hand wash) or that we have not used or looked at in the past 18 or so years. Every now and then I sneak toss out something. But there are limits to what I can get away with. 

Dave59 yep, a lot of things are way better now than way back in the 60's. Until I was about 8 my family lived in Manhattan. The air was so bad that when I was about 4 the doctor told my parents that they had to get me out of the city over the summer or my lungs would become scarred. So at the age of 4 I spent the summer at a sleep away camp. Then we moved to Long Island. Back then the sound was so polluted there were no fish at the town beach and it would occasionally smell of raw sewage. Today the air in Manhattan is far cleaner and fish are back in the sound.

deez4boyz good to hear you Achilles is feeling better. I hope it stays that way.

Today it was an hour on the elliptical. Tomorrow I am cleared to run 4. But it is freeeeeeeezing out!!! My choice will be TM or 22°. This is what is commonly known as a lose-lose situation.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, I like to run in the rain and I like to run in the cold....but not necessarily in cold and rain.  So stayed in bed this morning.  Clouds cleared after lunch and late in the afternoon I was able to get in 6 miles on base.  Best way I could describe the weather is raw.  Went to teach spin and … no students again.  Coldest night in a while so maybe that had something to do with it.

I may get complaints....I've decided to see if I can "re-learn" how to play the violin (and it's a stretch to say I could play it years ago!).  Trying to keep it quiet and yep, so far it sounds pretty terrible.  We'll see if the whole "practice" thing works.

Also to piggyback on Dave's comments.  I was born in Pittsburgh, the city is much cleaner now than when we left in 1977 (and it was already much cleaner than it had been 10 to 15 years earlier.  And I think I mentioned during my trip to Bucharest how much better that part of the world is since the Berlin Wall came down, the Warsaw Pact disappeared and the Soviet Union collapsed.  That includes their environment as well.

Tammy, deepest sympathies to you and DH.

Stay warm everyone!

Have a greta night!

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

I'm going to echo Tramps "OK Boomer". The environment isn't a relative thing. Just because your air is cleaner today than it was in the 60s or 70s doesn't mean the earth is in better shape overall. The millenials are going to have to deal with our complacency.

Every generation has the previous generation saying to them  "Well in my day..." I wonder if there will even be a next generation for the millenials to say those words to.

That's why I want to hand the reins over to the millenials. The folks I know in this age group are smart, kind, and generous. They care less about things and more about experiences. I would much rather see one of them lead the nation than some old fart who doesn't know the difference between weather and climate.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

56°

Ralph, Carol, Jane, Camiel, and I ran through Skipwith. Bob started with us but his back is still hurting. And Pete ran with us but is much faster so he ran circles around us. He also would go back and check on Bob. Pete is a doctor.

I was thrilled with running 2 miles with no walking breaks. And then walk/ running the last mile, mile and a half.

I hosted Mahjong this evening. Two tables of 4. I Mahjonged twice and came out 70 cents ahead.

Tammy. Annie was a beautiful good dog. My condolences to you and your family.

Deez. Happy 60th to your DH. Sounds like a nice trip.

I think we went from 56° at 0530 to 36° by 1500 hrs. It even snowed here. It's even colder now. Crazy.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

evanflein

That's why I want to hand the reins over to the millenials. The folks I know in this age group are smart, kind, and generous. They care less about things and more about experiences. I would much rather see one of them lead the nation than some old fart who doesn't know the difference between weather and climate.

Amen, sister! Love this.

Sweet Annie. Rest well, dear pup. Please say hi to Cheyenne, I'm sure she's there somewhere, probably hanging out with a big black cat. They're both incredibly sweet, good souls and I think you'll like them.

We have too much stuff. It's been a constant struggle for many, many years. I go through purge cycles and get rid of a bunch of stuff, then turn around and there's more. It's an ongoing thing. One of these days....

Today was our last nice day for awhile. It was in the mid-teens when I ran, and maybe hit 20 as a high. But the sun was out and it was beautiful. I ran 5.7 miles that felt much better than the last few days. Tomorrow the high is a whopping 3° so I might take the day off from running or I might hit the treadmill after a full day of meetings so too much sitting. We'll see.

SteveP

Tramps, do you remember "Don't trust anyone over 40."?

Dave59, good luck on the down sizing.

Coastwalker, your niece sounds like an up and comer. I hope she takes after you.

so went nekkid today,

Jay

pictures or it doesn't count.

(((((Tammy))))) I'm going to miss the Annie stories.

Tom White...Nice !!!!!

HopesMom..sounds nice.

Deez. Yay for 4.2!!!

Anyone heard of something like this happening? I received a package in the mail today, sent from China, that contained an unusual type of bicycle seat that I'm sure I never ordered. However, I do remember seeing an ad for this seat somewhere on FB or elsewhere on some web page, but it's not something that I'd ever be interested in and I'm sure I didn't order it by mistake. I also checked all my accounts and there are no unexplained charges. The particular way it's addressed matches my name & address as I have it in my Paypal account, but again, that account is clean.

Very strange...

There's so many red flags. Don't willingly part with one red cent. You can consider it a gift. 

I went through this at work where it wound up getting turned over to corporate and we were told to pay it. I didn't.

Holly, Yay recumbent bike!!!!!

Wildchild, it's always a pleasure.

.Do runners EVER easily fit a stereotype?!

"Holy Bat Crap Crazy, Batman!" You're welcome.

Hey y'all, I like to run in the rain and I like to run in the cold..

The next Dr. Seuss.

Lots of schools were closed just 10 miles north of us. The college postponed classes for two hours then shut down completely in the afternoon.

I got three on the TM. 3/5 of the grandkids were over before work. GD#1 had to get on the mill. Proud Grampy moment here.

Thank goodness we got Dunkin a bed a few days after we got him.

We all went out on the trail in front of the yard a little later. GS#2 (5 years old) asked about the monster egg we found last week. Sure  enough, we got up to the tree the kids hung it up in.

Jude says he doesn't want to go on the trail anymore.

I got the snowblower out unseasonably early. I got 1/2 the driveway done and called it good. I left my cold weather gear at work.

SteveP