Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 8.9.17 (Read 30 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Tuesday’s workouts:
    Henrun & Marj (short ‘freezing’ ocean-front bike path run in Iceland)
    RunnerKSA (3.6 morning miles, but not early enough, + 2.2 evening TM miles in new Brooks Launch 4s)
    Catwhoorg (5 mostly dry miles)
    Holly (5 morning miles in 59°Wink
    BTY (4 Hudson River lunchtime miles with mid-70s temps)
    Tomwhite (40 min Poolrun with letters + 2 X 15 min xbike)
    Tet (5 mile mute in unhealthy smoky air)
    Evanflein (5.6 too-fast lunchtime miles)

Twocat (10 curative miles)

The quiet is the one big benefit of getting to work early, Fatozzig.

Ragdoll is a beauty, RunnerKSA. My cat hates to be kicked out of bed too.

Sorry about the ongoing smokiness, Mariposai.

You never stop, do you, Holly?

Nice negatively-split run, BTY.

Good job, Tomwhite.

Congrats (or not) on the rainless record, Tet.

Good unintended speed, Evanflein.

I hope you have a good follow-up doc's app't tomorrow, Twocat.

Sounds like Marj & Henrun are still having a great time, despite the cool weather and expense.

I was too tired when I woke at the usual time this morning, so I fed the cat and went back for some more zzz's before doing some stretching and rolling and getting my day started.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks Jay.  The Ragdoll breed is the best, in my opinion.  We've had Maine Coons, too, which we also love.  My sister has a huge Maine Coon now- he will get up to 25 pounds.    My other Ragdoll is Willie Nelson.  We had Waylon, but he had a heart attack at age 6.

3.1 miles in my new Brooks Launches!    2 miles on treadmill after work.  

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

We had a (stray)Maine Coon for years. Kollantai; good cat.

Mari--Whenever I'm tempted to retire out West, I remind myself of those fires and droughts. There's always something, I guess. Hope your air quality improves.

Got rained out yesterday so I did my bike ride today.  20 miles in nice weather.

We've had remarkably comfortable weather for August.  It's a real treat for us to be able to keep windows open and the AC off this time of year. I'm loving it.

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Very handsome cat, KSA.  Never heard of them, but handsome, nonetheless.

most people take 4 days off to rest up for a 5K, right?   I had thoughts about one last shakeout run this morning before my race tomorrow night, but a 2+ hour delay in flights had me hopping into bed about 12:30 this morning.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Kind of thin on the daily so far. What gives? At least here in CT the weather is perfect for running. Not that I did any. Today was an elliptical day for me. Tomorrow I am supposed to do my long run. I am not sure that will happen. My tongue still limits what I can eat. If I have the necessary energy tomorrow I will go for it (16 miles). If not I plan to run with my training partner for 6 to 8 miles and call it quits. After that I am keeping my fingers crossed that when I see the doctor in the afternoon he can help speed up my recovery with some magical potion or fairy dust. Alas, I suspect he is clean out of magical items and I will just have to wait for my cells to get their act together a work out the necessary repairs.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

you don't have to chew GUs, TC.  Suck down a half dozen or so of those and you'll be all set.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

you don't have to chew GUs, TC.  Suck down a half dozen or so of those and you'll be all set.

Yuck!!  I've tried to use GU's a couple of times.  Cue gag reflex. 

Oh, 2Kitty.  Everyone thinks, "Hey!  If I can't eat for a couple of days, I get can down to my fighting weight!" But reality is it sucks and you get tired of trying to figure out what you can eat or how to eat.

KSA - We have 5 cats - all a mixture of somethin' er tuther.  This one tries to claim the laundry almost every single time:

Image may contain: indoor

45 min of core/ST.  . . . at least my upper body is getting stronger!

Last December, we had the plumbers come out because our kitchen sink was completely back up.  They used some kind of water jet thingy and dislodged an incredible amount of hardened gunk/build up from the pipes.  We've been there 18+ years, and this was the first issue we ever had.

Last week and again this week, the sink clogged up again.  Plumber came out and reamed the crap out of the pipes and dislodge a ton more gunk.  (1) The jet thingy supposedly cleared everything out.  (2) We are now neurotic about NOT putting anything down the sink or even using the garbage disposal (which we never did before).  We even wipe out greasy pans with paper towel before washing them.  We showed the plumber the hand and dish soap we use.  He was totally baffled, as are we.  He was going to talk to his boss and get back to us.  Thankfully, there's a 3-year warranty on the first cleaning, so no bill.

*sigh*  Okay - - - -

Every time I think this office can't possibly go any further overboard regarding assisting clients with their applications to cultivate medical marijuana in this county, they throw something else in the mix.  Now we're going to be sending some hapless temp out to knock on the doors of clients who haven't responded to emails, voice mails, or letters to let them know they have less than 5 weeks to get their act together.  Is it me or at some point do people need to be held accountable for their own lives?!??  Especially since they'll be running a business!  We have now, in my unsolicited opinion, gone past ludicrous to absolute insanity.  . . . . But like I said, no one asked for my opinion. 

*sigh*  Thanks for listening.  I was freakin' chatty today!! 

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

KSA - did you get Hawi over there?

At least here in CT the weather is perfect for running. Not that I did any. Today was an elliptical day for me. Tomorrow I am supposed to do my long run. I am not sure that will happen. My tongue still limits what I can eat. If I have the necessary energy tomorrow I will go for it (16 miles). If not I plan to run with my training partner for 6 to 8 miles and call it quits. After that I am keeping my fingers crossed that when I see the doctor in the afternoon he can help speed up my recovery with some magical potion or fairy dust. Alas, I suspect he is clean out of magical items and I will just have to wait for my cells to get their act together a work out the necessary repairs.

Here's a dozen gus for you in case the 16 miles works out.

they really taste good around mile ten and are tasty

as long as you don't  get into ultra distances.

Good luck.

. . GU Energy Original Sports Nutrition Energy Gel, Assorted Flavors, 24-Count . . GU Energy Original Sports Nutrition Energy Gel, Assorted Flavors, 24-Count

With continued smoke and haze from the BC fires, the air quality remains "unhealthy" and outdoor activities are to be avoided.  Unfortunately, I can't see the smoky sun-and-moon rises-and-sets unless I go outside so got out early enough for this morning's fiver across the Lake Washington floating bridges to see 'em both.

sorry to ETA but maybe this stock image'll work

Image result for smoke haze in seattle images

westseattleblog.com

{

. . . . .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

catwhoorg

Labrat

Been stuck in a regional team meeting all day, so taking a rest day.

Have the same tomorrow, but thankfully only half the day.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Marathon Maniac #957

Twocat - milkshakes don't need chewing...just sayin'...

KSA - beautiful kitty!

Still slammed at work and home, playing ketchup.

5.2 miles for me this morning in 60 degrees, followed by 15 minutes of weights.

I can hardly believe that Rosie will be 6 months old tomorrow!  This is a picture taken last week.

No automatic alt text available.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

What a cutie, Holly!

We did not get Hawi in Hawaii.  We got him (and Willie Nelson back in 2005) from a breeder in Bryan, Texas.  My daughter's Ragdoll, Thelonious  Monk, also came from there.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

My nephew posted his dad's (my BIL) situation on Facebook and asked people to post their memories of him.  He has 110 comments, so far.  Most of them are my nephew's friends remembering him coming to all their games over the years.  I think it's great that Jerry gets to hear so many nice comments form so many people.  He was definitely well liked.

I went 9 miles, including 6 tempo miles.  It was a very nice run...in the rain...sorry...I had to run and it was raining.

Okay--Debbie's yelling at me to come up and eat.  See ya!

Marathon Maniac #957

My nephew posted his dad's (my BIL) situation on Facebook and asked people to post their memories of him.  He has 110 comments, so far.  Most of them are my nephew's friends remembering him coming to all their games over the years.  I think it's great that Jerry gets to hear so many nice comments form so many people.  He was definitely well liked.

This is awesome.  People should hear the way they have impacted lives while they are still living, rather than at their funeral, when they have already left for better places (or so I believe).   (The funeral is for other people to hear this.)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

That's great, Mike, and I agree. All those tributes after they're gone are sort of pointless.

Cool names for your cats, KSA.

Got out a little late (again) for my run, but did my 10+ mile trail run on the first 7 miles of the Equinox course, then 3+ miles back on the bikepath behind campus. It felt so hot out there at 80° and full sun at 5 pm. Maybe a little too soon after the half marathon for this run, but I did it anyway. Glad to have that done, gets me to 60 miles and change for the month, and 21.6 for the week. 10.7 miles today.