Masters Running

Wednesday Daily, 9.12.12 (Read 381 times)

TammyinGP

Obama went to Harvard.

The Bush's and Clinton went to Yale.

Tammy

Henrun

...Easy does it henry//........you know how you get.....

Tom, you and Marj know me better than I do Big grin

King of PhotoShop

That is correct Tammy.  Now we have 3, the two Bushes plus Clinton.

Here is a hint regarding one of them.  Think Michigan.   Spareribs

Ribs - I like the trivia, just never know the answers.

Enke - that is so tragic to lose a child, what a tremendous loss.

Jay – I think you might be a bit tired tonight, what a long day!

Mary – I was wondering where you’ve been.  Hope your mom’s getting along OK.

Holly – you will have so much fun in Alaska, someday I’ll get to visit that state.

Erika – enjoy the race, with all the winter running you do this must be a breeze for you.

Henry – Take it easy.  Yoga and swimming sounds good.

Tramps – you crack me up sometimes.

tomwhite - 2 hours hiking, how'd that go?  Does anything hurt?

Mari – Yes, I am ready!  My new shirt and capris came from Nike yesterday.  I used a bunch of MyCokeRewards to get free stuff.   Those whiskey/diet cokes used to add up in a hurry.  Actually, Saturday – race day - will be my 90 day accomplishment.  I’ve had a few starts and stops over the last two years, but I am so glad I quit and I feel so much better. 

Yesterday was 95° and today will only be 65°, quite a change.  We've had a light rain today which is welcome.  I’m planning on running after work then will take Thursday and Friday off.  We’ve got company coming and always look forward to hugging those grandkids.  DD wants to learn how to can tomatoes.  We have 19 tomato plants, so that won’t be a problem.  I just hope it doesn’t take us all day on Friday.  I have fun stuff to do with those little ones.

Starr in SW MN

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Michigan .... I better get this right ..... Gerald R Ford

Starr - my mom is doing very well, thanks for asking!   I broke her out of "jail" Saturday and we went for a nice drive and out for lunch & a beer.   Her birthday is Monday - 96!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Starr - my mom is doing very well, thanks for asking!   I broke her out of "jail" Saturday

Good thing tammy doesn't have a Swedish accent

'cause I know what my grandmother would be thinking

about where they all went. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

Yay Mary!  Yes, it was Gerald Ford, and the last one is a toughie.  The original question read "Name four of the five..." and so we got these.  The 5th was Taft, and we didn't know that.  Spareribs

Oh for sure, Taft was just on the tip of my tongue, Ribs.  (crossing fingers behind back)

3 easy miles at the track with The Administrators @ 6am.  

Posie, I hope those fires clear soon for you.

3 miles with the learn-to-run group at lunch, hanging with the slightly faster group.  Legs are feeling pretty good.

Got a chance to discuss shoe buying with a young woman who shows some promise, but didn't understand that shoes didn't last forever and that explained why her feet were hurting.

Took some goodies to my physiotherapist's office today to thank everyone for helping take me from a max 4 mile jogger with a ton of injuries to an ultramarathoner.  Most recently, they'd done some work on a mildly barky AT before my 50K and I wanted to make sure they heard the outcome.

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

King of PhotoShop

Don't worry everyone.  I have plenty of questions to rivet our attention for many days to come!  Thanks for playing. More tomorrow.  Spareribs

Spareribs well by the time I showed up I was trivia doomed!  Doomed I tell you!  Black eye  I knew about Bush Jr. since his picture hangs in Mory's a locally famous eating club.  Club as in you are breathing and pay an annual fee and then you can pay to eat there.  What a deal!  After that . . . what can I say.

Mariposai well there is an extra room for you and your DH here in CT!

I have been really busy today.  In part due to my running 18 miles first thing this morning.  Good way to get the ol' legs ready for a day of standing in front of classes!  Genius huh?  Confused  Well, it was today or never.  Tomorrow I head up with team Rosie for the relay race.  For those that want to follow our adventure we have a team blog at:  http://rosieruizfanclub.blogspot.com/.  If you want to follow me I am runner 2 and here are my legs and expected start times:

Matt 2 8.98 1:13 PM 14 7.57 10:46 PM 26 6.40 9:22 AM

I will send Mariposai a Glympse when I start a leg if there is cell reception.  Mariposai if it is convenient feel free to post the URL in the daily.

Last but not least, the weather report remains pretty good!  May be the first year I run this without getting rained on.  I am not sure I will know what to do!  Smile

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

{{{Posie Lady and Enke's Coworker and Family}}} How well I know what asthma can do.  Have suffered from it since I was a kid.

I had no idea about  Ribs' question.  Glad everyone else chimed in!

I'm just doing a general "Shout Out" to everyone else as it's getting late and I need to get some work done.  Except - It's about time Mary showed back up!! Big grin

First time I've been able to stick my nose in here today.  Started at 8:30 and left work at 5:40 with no break in between.  And yesterday my boss and I had a marathon appointment with a client, over 3 hours of emotional turmoil (her dad died, doesn't get along with her two sisters, et al.). Started at 3:30, and finally at 7:40 I told my boss I had to leave 'cause I had a class at 7:00.  Talk about hustling!  Got the bird all situated for the night, closed down my office, out to the car, hit McDonald's for a disgusting dinner, and slam into the classroom at church - all in about 15-20 min.  Whew!

Needless to say, it's been a long two days, and I'm beat.  But I do need to get some transcription done tonight, so no rest for the wicked . . . .

Literally.  Two bad nights of sleep in a row.  I'm going to kill Wilson.  I don't know what's gotten into that cat lately, but his inner clock is totally screwed up.  I'd lock in the garage, but he can yowl like no cat you've ever heard.  It's really quite incredible.  Plus, he'd probably destroy his side of the door trying to get back in.  Between him and the increased night sweats - ugh!

But all the complaining aside - 4 sort of EZ miles this a.m.  Just let my legs do what they wanted, but kept it at 10:00 or slower pace.  Another beautiful crisp predawn run with thousands of stars and a little more than a sliver of bright moon.  It's actually be cold enough the last two mornings for capris, clothes, and removable sleeves.

Okay - Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go . . .

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

It's actually be cold enough the last two mornings for capris, clothes, and removable sleeves.

Hmmm.... cold enough that Leslie's wearing clothes?   Wink

Starr and Halllar - have fun with the grandkids!  Same for the rest of you who have them! 

It rained all day here - very unusual.  It's usually sunny in the mornings, and if it rains, it's later in the day.   So I bailed on a run... it's taper time, anyway, and running at lunch in the rain would mean sporting the "drowned rat" look at work.   I'm a little worried that the forecast is for snow at the higher elevations, because my race on Saturday goes up to 10,600 ft.   But the forecast for Saturday is for nice weather, so if it snows tonight and tomorrow, it will have a chance to melt by Saturday.  Not that I obsess about race forecasts or anything...   (I'm sure Holly and Erika aren't checking forecasts at all!)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Twocat - I didn't know you were doing a relay.  I'd like to do that some year.  The times you get to run don't sound all that bad either with no middle of the night, and with no rain you're gonna smoke that course.  18 miles before work, yikes!

The rain and wind stopped here and I got my run in. No sun out so I wore long sleeves, that was a mistake#1.  Mistake #2 was not wearing a sweatband.  I thought I'd be OK since it was so cool out, but I guessed wrong.

55°

54° wind chill

4 miles in 46:14 (11:34, 30 seconds faster than last week),  10 weeks ago I could barely run 14:00 15:00 minute miles.

Gotta go finish canning salsa and cleaning up.  What a mess!

Goodnight everyone.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

Carolyn, I have been checking the weather the last couple days because it's starting to get into the realm of possibility. So far, so good. We might be cloudier than preferred, but it looks like rain won't be an issue, and the good thing about cloudy is it might prevent a frost Friday night, which would make the wood chip parts of the trail really slick. So.... may not be as sunny as I'd like, but not much chance for rain (so no mud), and if it's not too cloudy Holly will get some really good views of the Alaska Range on the run. Friday we're going to drive around and visit a lot of the course. And check out the reindeer and musk ox!

5.1 trail miles today, meant to just take it easy but ended up pretty zippy. I think my legs were rebelling from all that time on planes and sitting around in the conference. Although you gotta say one thing about those conference venues... these hotels built to accommodate conferences like this are huge. There were at least three events going on when ours was, and you'd hardly know it because things were so well spaced out. The place was huge. I probably walked a mile a day just back and forth to my room!