Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 3.22.18 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Wednesday’s workouts:
    RunnerKSA (3.1 morning TM miles + 2.2 psot-work TM miles)
    Dave59 (4 morning miles in wet snow)
    Fatozzig (10 morning bike miles + 45 of core/ST)
    Holly (5.1 morning TM miles)
    Henrun (2 early morning, pre-nor’easter miles)
    Tet (2 sunny miles + up/down 305 stairs)
    Spacityrunner (3.2 miles in sloppy, slushy, slippery stuff in ‘feels like’ 24° temps)
    Pfriese (8 miles that were missed on Monday)
    Deeze (12.2 miles, including 4.6 with a friend, feeling great)
    Twocat (1 nor-easter hr. on the elliptical)
    Surly Bill (3.8 miles at 7.51 pace)
    Mike (11 night time mies, including 11 at tempo)
    Mariposai (4 post-PT miles of real running)
    Evanflein (3.55 miles/32 min - 2 min more than Monday and all was OK)

Sorry about all the weather everyone’s been having this week - it’s that ying-yang when winter doesn’t want to give up, but spring wants to take over.

Yeah, work does that, Dave.

200-250 isn’t a lot of mileage for a pair of shoes, Fatozzig. But if changing them out then works for your body, then do it.

I’d like it if last night’s good sleep started a trend, Tet. But I doubt that it will.

Glad you got your car out, Deeze. Long shift at work!

We have a guest house where you can hide, Twocat…

Sorry about the bug, S. Bill, but I’m glad you’re feeling better. I’d rather deal with snow than that Pineapple Express.

Good luck with that audit, Steve. Sounds like you’re ready.

I’m so glad to read that Fatozzig, Deeze, Mariposai and Evanflein all seem to be moving in the right direction toward getting back to their regular running. Be patient, and keep up the good work, ladies!

My hip was a pain all day yesterday till I took some ibu when I got home from work, but then it calmed down quite a bit. I also did some TENS work on it before bed. I had decided not to go out for a workout this morning because of the forecasted snow and wind, and because I didn’t want to push my luck. A rest day is better than a bunch of back-off recovery days. We didn’t get very much snow at all (although it is still coming down), and I’m OK with that.

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning Jay and those to follow.   Good idea to rest the hip, Jay.

The bed magnet (I love that) almost won, but I got downstairs for 3 treadmill miles.  I just can't face the cold and dark right now.   Off to work!

2 miles after work on the treadmill.  5 for the day.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

So far, the storm is not living up to its hype around here.  Less than an inch on the ground and sloppy on the way to work.  Or maybe it's just slowed down and i won't be able to get home.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

I am in Columbus for a 2-day seminar.  Good topics, but it is so hard for me to sit for most of two days.  Makes me realize how much I am up and down when I am working (to the printer, the mail room, etc.), rather than sitting for long periods of time.  At any rate, I was out the door at 6:30 am for the 90 minute drive, so no time for a run today.  My boss is very nicely paying for the hotel so I can stay over and attend the dinner event.  I brought my running gear and should get some miles in the fitness center in the morning.

Nice to hear Nancy and Erika running again. 

Deez - tough double!

Happy Thursday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I had 10 minutes of biking yesterday, not 10 miles.  I'm not sure my butt would've survived 10 miles. 

Posie and Erika - So happy you guys are on the mend!  Erika - It does feel hard right now.  I'm still sucking wind on some of my runs.

Posie - What'd the PT say about how to position your knee?

I concur with Stumpy's comment about the 6% commission for Steve.

Well, the bed magnet won the battle this morning (unlike KSA), but it was freaking raining buckets out there at O-dark 30 and the thought of getting soaking wet cold for 4 miles didn't sit well.  I'll get my miles in after work.  Somehow 4 soaking wet miles in the light of day doesn't sound as bad.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

[[[jay]]]

.............I had used a

Magic Marker to put an ""X""

when I put the TENS on my hip(s).

............you always hit that one REALLY good spot, and then can't find it again the next time......

,,,,,,,,,,ps,,,,,,,,,a TENS usually has 3-settings,

when you hit ''the spot''

run thru the settings and write yourself a note on which one felt best

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tom - 

For those of you in the legal field - There's been a big murder trial going on for about 3 weeks now, and I believe within the next day or two it goes to jury deliberations (or it may have already gone in the last day or two).  One of our associate attorneys came back from court this morning and he and a group of defense attorneys, including the public defender for the accused, heard 3 of the jurors from this trial having their own little side deliberations.  

We had quite a little shaker here about 20 min ago!  Being on the 2nd floor of an office building always makes it interesting.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Leslie-  that will be a mistrial, right?  Even in civil cases the jurors are instructed to NOT discuss the case with each other in "sidebars".   Wow.  Let me know what happens.

Holly- I hear you on the sitting during conferences.  I can't stand it.  I have to get up and move every hour at least.  I like to get my hourly Fitbit steps in, too!  Smile    I either make a legit bathroom visit or a fake one just to get up and move.  I will say that I'm seeing a lot more people attending conferences standing up in the back or walking around the back of the room.  I really get restless.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mariposai and evanflein good wishes on getting your legs back to their usual miles. Glad to see you are both making progress.

Yesterday's nor'easter was not as bad as forecast. But it depended quite a bit on where you were. We got several inches. About 25 miles east at my office just an inch or two. Some other fairly parts got a good foot. I wanted to run outside this morning but the roads were still in pretty bad shape so I did 7 on the TM. This afternoon has been sunny and in the low 40's so the roads have clear up. No help for me now, but it will make the drive home easier.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

pfriese

Can't believe another nor'easter for the northeast. Hopefully this is it and spring will come quickly.

Another spring-like, very windy day here; good for 12.5 miles around the lake.

Paul

Hi Friends!!

Leslie - that is unbelievable - does that mean 3 weeks of trial down the drain??!! How bad was the shaker?

Posai and Erika - so happy to hear you are getting your run back!!

No run for me today, but 5:30 am Body Pump followed by 30 min (10.1 miles) on a spin bike

SO GLAD we only had a light snow fall this morning!!

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

one mile for the heck of it.

Not quite early enough to feel like Jay and too much going on to justify a run for running’s sake so took a mile circuit around the ‘hood to do an amy on some yellow daffodils spreading out of the owner’s garden to go with the creamy ones we have in the yard.

Neat PT prescribing running for Mariposai.
                          Maybe she be able to join me after all
                          at the annual 100-Marathon Club reunion
                          on 4/1 and the next day in the walking division
                          of the Yakima River Canyon Marathon on 4/2
                          that I’ve done over the years. At least three
                          of the entrants have run more than 1,000 marys.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59

It was a day at the office which is always a sad day.  

On the way home I stopped at JC Penny and bought a new computer bag. I have to go to our NY office next week and decided it was time to stop using my bag that is held together with duct tape.

Then to the gym for 2 miles on the treadmill and some weights. I was sore from Tuesday's weight workout so I had to back down the weight I most machines.

I'm watching a Netflix documentary on the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh who set up a big commune in Oregon in the 1980s. I'm about half way through it. Vey interesting.

4.8 ez

Illness seems to have subsided for the most part. Although I'm going at what seems like an ez pace yesterday and today my HR is up quite a bit from what it usually is. I was at 104% for part of my run yesterday.

Storm's over with here, but it's windy. That was supposed to be the last "major" storm of the season.

Dave59; I've been to Rajneeshpuram, twice! In college, for a sociology class. All that was going on when I was growing up in Central Oregon. Rajneeshies used to stop in my family's general store in LaPine.

leslie; I didn't feel anything down here, it must have been a local quake.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, legs/body continue to round back into form.  Yesterday's run was a relaxed 6 miles, still around an 8:50 pace.  This morning, after a 9:00 first mile, the rest (4.1) were all under 8:30.  Another 3+ after work.

Have a great night everyone!