Masters Running

Thursday already- July 11, 2019 (Read 41 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Old people joke.  But I forget why.

<picture>Speed Bump Comic Strip for July 11, 2019 </picture>

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Erika--lots of news reports about wildfires and fiscal woes up there. Hope you're doing okay on both fronts.

Between the budget crisis, my hand, and the smoke from fires blazing all over the state, this is truly the summer from hell. We're in a budget limbo right now with the governor's vetoes on the table and the dysfunctional legislature having only till tomorrow night to stop fighting between their factions and override or do something to appropriate additional funding (which could also be vetoed). If the vetoes stand and we're dealt that 41% cut in state funding, we're looking at about half the university closing with up to 2,000 layoffs and furloughs for the remaining employees. My job is safe, but that's not a whole lot of comfort because I have to help and assist those being let go. Our regents are holding an emergency meeting on Monday and will probably declare financial exigency, which is basically bankruptcy, so we can act faster and include unionized groups and tenured faculty. It's just all around a crappy situation.

Oh yeah, and we're surrounded by fires with air quality index in the hazardous range today. You can see all the fun details here. (Click on the "current conditions" button to get the latest readings.

So, I took yesterday off from running and tonight will get a few miles in on the treadmill while DH makes dinner. But maybe just 3-4 miles or so.

Holly, bummer about the foot. We just can't seem to catch a break these days, right?

Erika-  I'm sorry everything is so crappy.  I would be VERY depressed all the way around.  Proud of your good attitude-  I know it isn't easy.

2.1 treadmill miles after work.  5.2 for the day.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

dg.

hi to all....

I'm working on getting caught up.  just got through 7/6. 

will comment on just a couple of things.... Doug, thanks for answering Tet for me.  Tet, I was getting there, but it was taking a while.  yep, o = other : )

loved the pic & story of the Mike & Joe meetup!

marj... I've either missed or forgotten what is going on with your SIL... hope things are ok.

Joe, I didn't know you lived near the Twin Cities.  what a beautiful area! 

lots of really fast racing.  !! 

& surly bill...   I'm tempted to post 58.**  astonished faces, but I won't.   amazing. 

Tet you sure do a lot! 

Leslie, wagging fingers appropriate.   I keep sending you patience patience patience messages via the aether. 

2kitty, hoping you're ok. 

didn't read today's daily, but just glancing up, big hugs for Holly & Erika!

so, right after I posted last, on the 4th, I went to Plum Market, ran into a friend, who made me laugh in a way I rarely do... felt something give, or it seemed to, and was in so much pain after that, for just about any action, that it made me nervous enough to go back to urgent care.  instead of DSO's party, I spent 4 hours there.   there was nothing significant on the xray, but they don't examine you or anything. there was swelling that seemed new. maybe that doesn't matter.    still not running,(& i don't wanna talk about it!)(but guess I already did)  though improving somewhat .   one question that's always hard to answer is when something hurts is how do you know if it just plain hurts, which I don't necessarily like but am used to & don't care much... or when it means you're making something worse. 

still small stuff, all things considered!

have a good evening, everyone.

Joe618

Evening all!

dg, I actually live in Indiana...my DS2 lives in the Twin Cities, so we were visiting there over the 4th.

On the road tomorrow, so checking in will be choppy while i'm to and from San Diego.   Back home on Monday night. 

Rock your Friday!!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Didn't post yesterday but finally took my road bike Rosie out for a decent ride 26.2 miles then did a Soulcore abs/stretching DVD to the divine mercy chaplet - very spiritually moving!!

Today ran 6.5 miles with some Garmin issues  then upper body weights back at the camper.

Still on vacation and staying in Maine until Tuesday afternoon - wish I could stay here forever!!

Maine - the way life should be!!

denise

12hr upper body and core workout. Moved 95% of the set, props, equipment, tools, materials, instruments, etc. for Les Miserables in 6 trips between Berkeley and El Cerrito Theater. Still have a few wine barrels and set pieces to go tomorrow morning.

Joe; taking his show on the road!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

TammyinGP

3.7 of very hot and hilly trails tonight.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dg  - thanks.

I was stuck thinking the "D"

was for "darlin" but got it nght now.

jay - glad, or sorry - take your pick,

you missed the gaggle running.

Tramps - no fawns here but four very wet chicadee chicks emerged from their eggs over the weekend and are now looking every bit ready to fly away and leave us as empty nesters too.  Is Tribee back to normal on her cycling, swimming, etc.?

erika - for the first time in my life,

I'm glad I'm here and not up there.

good luck.

after one measly attempt earlier in the week, the predicted week of rain has yet to materialize but, even though I wouldn't complain if it did, I'm not complaining because it hasn't and enjoyed 10 mile cycle'mute under broken clouds and scattered sun that'll probably replace the predicted rain for the rest of the month.

ps stumps' old people cartoon - pass, good job.

forgetting coefficients hasn't bothered me a bit. h

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Between the budget crisis, my hand, and the smoke from fires blazing all over the state, this is truly the summer from hell. We're in a budget limbo right now with the governor's vetoes on the table and the dysfunctional legislature having only till tomorrow night to stop fighting between their factions and override or do something to appropriate additional funding (which could also be vetoed). If the vetoes stand and we're dealt that 41% cut in state funding, we're looking at about half the university closing with up to 2,000 layoffs and furloughs for the remaining employees. My job is safe, but that's not a whole lot of comfort because I have to help and assist those being let go. Our regents are holding an emergency meeting on Monday and will probably declare financial exigency, which is basically bankruptcy, so we can act faster and include unionized groups and tenured faculty. It's just all around a crappy situation.

Oh yeah, and we're surrounded by fires with air quality index in the hazardous range today. You can see all the fun details here. (Click on the "current conditions" button to get the latest readings.

Hugs to you sistahh and all those impacted.

No running today, fighting my own little shark to ensure that the agency I lead moves forward.

But for the next three days, I am off to the wilderness to nurture my soul.

Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard