Masters Running

Mondaily, 4.23.18 (Read 40 times)

Dry Needling-  it's what's for lunch!   Ugh.  Hate it, but it wasn't too painful.  Just pressure and twitching of the muscles.  Seemed to help, as did all the pushing and poking he did.  This guy is very, very good.  He's also liberal about letting me run.  Said short (mile or so) tomorrow, try more Wed, then 2 short days and see what I can do on the weekend.  I'll listen.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I am still basking in the light of Sunday's run, my first double digit run that wasn't a complete suffer-fest since my marathon.

Nice!

I wasn't able to get in here over the weekend, so I need to go back and read Steve's words of wisdom.

My Saturday 12-mile trail run went better than I anticipated.  Five us showed up and we did a lot of long climbs and I ran the downhills faster than normal, trying to get my minute/mile pace down and succeeded.  The last climb was a real dog and there were only 3 of us left at that point.  The other two ladies are faster than me and better climbers, but it just makes me push myself more than I otherwise probably would.  12 miles with an average 14:31 pace.  To finish my July race under the allowable time, I am going to have to average 13:30 to 14:30 m/m.

My legs were pooped, but on Sunday I did 5 EZ miles and spent part of the time working on speed walking.  Today is a blessed rest day.

So I spent the weekend searching the 'net looking for a dress for my nephew's wedding in June.  Something I can wear to the wedding and to work.  *sigh*  It sucked.  I finally ordered some dresses with the idea of sending back the ones that don't work.  . . . Well, my niece (the sister of my nephew) called me this morning and the wedding has been canceled.  (Long story there, but good decision.)  So the BIG question is: When the dresses arrive, do they all go back or do I still get to keep one?? 

Have a great week, friends ~~

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

pfriese

Pretty day here, perfect for a 7 mile run.

Paul

evanflein

I thought I posted in here yesterday about my run but apparently I didn't. So, I ran 6.6 miles yesterday! Got me to 25.5 for the week, and the leg felt pretty good. What seemed to be an issue was my legs are sore! Yowza, you'd think I'd run a marathon or something, but the 5.7 with uphill second half on Saturday, and the hour or so I spent working in the flower beds yesterday morning combined to make for some pretty tired legs for my run. But, I'm happy to say it was all just fitness-related soreness (or lack of fitness, really) and not injury soreness so that's ok!

We had a wonderful weekend although Saturday was still a little chilly, but Sunday was beautiful! Temps up to low 50's and sunny and even the breeze felt better. We still have a lot of snow but with temps in the 50's all this week, I think it's going to go pretty quickly.

That dry needling sounds awful. Hope to never be in a situation where it's recommended or ordered.

Leslie-  Definitely keep at least one dress, especially if you can wear it to work!

The dry needling isn't as bad as it sounds.  The needles are the very thin acupuncture needles (which I won't look at anyway).

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

need more steves in this world.

In fact, more of everybody herein.

The needles are the very thin acupuncture needles (which I won't look at anyway).

I wouldn't look either.  However, so thin, in fact, that two of the three acupuncturists I tried last fall (under the 18 acupuncture sessions that come with the local Medicare here) before finding one whose pressure points seemed to be doing some good both left needles in me, including one of them who made a big point of counting them in-and-out all out loud to avoid such misses.  Don't know how dry-needling works but acupuncture seems like nice work if you can get it, spending five minutes poking the patient full of 25-30 needles to leave like a slab of meat on the table for an hour before pulling them out and collecting the copay.

Day 13 of on-going PR hackfest but got some x-training and Vitamin D

upending clumps of mud in the garden to dry out a little

in the first sunshine in over a month.

ps leslie - send 'em back w/o even opening.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

IRC on Sunday (yes, I'm a day late) and I had a much better 4-mile run out at the lake than the one on Friday. Back seems OK but I'm going to keep up with the back workout group that I went to last week.

Rode my bike 13 miles today for my first of the year, so now my quads are as trashed as my hammies and I'll be looking forward to a rest day!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

bioguy

Tapering week continues with a 3 miler today.

Tailwinds!

(1) . . . acupuncture seems like nice work if you can get it, spending five minutes poking the patient full of 25-30 needles to leave like a slab of meat on the table for an hour before pulling them out and collecting the copay.

(2) ps leslie - send 'em back w/o even opening.

(1)  

(2)  

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

4 ez on sore achilles

Felt better this morning than this weekend, but was limping a bit by the end of the day. I went running anyway, and it all but disappeared by mile 2. As usual. My personal "red line" with this tendonosis is that if it doesn't feel WORSE during or after running than it did before, I'm good. If it starts to hurt more, I stop.

There are some caveats to being "hurt". I'm not asked to do a bunch of heavy lifting around the house ("maybe you could tear out the walls and start remodeling the downstairs bathroom this weekend?"). And I can just sit at my desk and play a video game without a. feeling guilty or b. getting glared at. Playing No Man's Sky, which is actually meditative and tranquil most of the time, flying all over the galaxy and exploring planets while new age synth music plays in the background.

Leslie; we have a rule here that is: if something comes IN, something else must go OUT. So decide which dresses you already have that are going to go to Goodwill.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Henrun

Surly Bill- I’m dealing with a sore Achilles also-I can really feel it after one hour of running. My podiatrist gave me a boot to wear during the evening or when sleeping (which I haven’t done yet-for fear of falling if I have to get during the night). It has helped a bit.

spacityrunner

4ish miles on hot springs mountain with the trail gang.  They went left and I went right.  Oh well...the trail leader came looking for me, when he found me I turned around and went the "right" way.  He knows I know the trails...he was concerned I got hurt.  That was so nice of him but I sure did feel bad that he was concerned.

Trails Rock!

dg.

hi,  & happy Monday! 

After my last misguided attempt, another trial run sooner than I expected, but it was IRC. Only 2.5 miles, & it was ok...   maybe in part because I rested prone w/knees & feet elevated for quite a while when I was done. how pathetic is that!?   But the run didn't seem to set me back.  I did feel like I should take walk breaks a couple of times,  not really understanding why, physiologically.   But I kept flashing to Karen's profile pic.   : ) 

Tramps.... really sorry about the various challenges, for you both.   Decrepit I relate to too well.    so.  lemonade?   Tribee remains my hero.

tw.  thank you.  I smiled because I'd forgotten your wise phrase.  moved it up in the pile, where it remains, but I still wonder.   in all seriousness...  how do we handle it when it's a matter of degree?  not 0's or 1's....

deez... Holly.... tet... (hi tet! : ) )   are you all ok? 

Starr,  thanks  : ).   would be fun if you could find a half in our area!   not quite east coast,  but east!    I am no where close to running one, but want to head in that direction, so maybe something could work out.  would be my first! 

Mike, I wondered where you were.  We missed you!  Holly & I had to eat all the junk food!  I was working too, and wasn't around as much as I should have been.   How are your knees?   Why was there tape on the hardwood floors?      ...  good luck.  Soon I get to bruise my jaw again as I read about your race.....

enough already!   

'nite

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Hey--guess what?  It stopped snowing...I knew it would.  It was 70 dang degrees for my run, today.  Tammy--the snow can still be found in the shade and on the sides of driveways where we had 5' piles, but it's going pretty quick.

I went 5 easy miles.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Oh, hi dg, you snuck in here when I wasn't looking.  My knees are getting better.  We are remodeling a lady's bathroom and we had to tape Ram Board (cardboard) down on the floor to protect it.  The tape stuck to the hardwood.

henrun; thanks. I have the boot, I might wear it a while tonight. It always wakes me up after a couple hours. I made an incline board and I stand on that for 10-20 minutes before bed when I remember. (a little ramp 16" wide and a foot deep that goes from 0-5"). I've also been more diligent about foam rolling. My particular achilles issue only happens when I do fast pace running, I can run for hours at a moderate or slow pace and it doesn't bother it at all. So, unless I'm doing speed work, I forget that I have an achilles problem, and don't roll or stretch or anything.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying