Masters Running

Toosday's Daily, 10.17.17 (Read 38 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Monday's workouts:

RunnerKSA (6.3 miles, including 4 morning miles + 2.3 post-work miles)

Dave (4 morning miles in 47° temps)

Tramps (rain dance/exercises, then 2.5 miles)

Rochrunner (4 morning miles in cool temps, with deer sighting)

Holly (35 min, weights & core)

Marj (biking after Sunday's impromptu 5K race)

Daw60 (6 miles to top a 34 mile week)

Tomwhite (40 min. PoolRun with letters)

Wildchild (7.6 trail miles with a friend and girl talk)

Opus77 (5.2 warm, humid, breezy bay miles)

Mike (10 miles with the XC kids)

Catwhoorg (5 lunchtime miles + 8 post-work miles with hillage)

Tammy (4.3 EZ evening miles)

Thanks for the Hamilton synopsis, Dave. Baldacci will certainly be a different experience.

Thanks for the abbreviated Steamtown RR, Holly. Congrats on a 4-year PR!

Would'a been interesting to have Dave59 and Dave60...

Agreed, Tomwhite - better confirm they have the correct hip!

Opus77, it'll be interesting to see how the vote to add racewalking goes. I think you'd need certified judges at each meet. I've filled in as a judge at a few HS meets. I know a girl who earned a full racewalking college scholarship, so there are definitely some additional benefits for the kids who can master the sport. And, yes, it can be a lifelong activity.

Welcome back, Fatozzig! I'm glad your vaca came after (not before) the work deadline. I also hope you get this butt thing dealt with.

Tet, I also use out & back courses as a way to see friends at races.

Great trip & marathon wrap-up Evanflein, with smells all along the way. Welcome home!

No workout for me again today. I didn't sleep well last night, so I stayed in for a few extra zzz's. This is the first time I've skipped 2 days in a row in quite a while, but life is like that sometimes.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning Jay and all yet to post. Thanks again for your most excellent recap. And you're right - sometimes a rest day or two is a pretty good thing. It makes you all that more eager to get back out there!

Glad you made it home safely Erika. Sorry about the snow and stinky garbage! And again, huge ^5's for all of those marathons run so closely together.

Nice to see Leslie pop in too! Take care of yourself!

It was absolutely perfect running weather this morning. 52° no wind and the moon, Venus and the North Star all lined up in clear dark skies. Beautiful! 5.2 miles at a 10:01 pace which is my new "normal" but I'm okay with that. I've been taking a strength and balance class at the Y the last few weeks and I can tell it's really helping me.

No work today, so I'm off to play 18 holes of golf with the girls. Have a great day everyone!

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

Leslie - glad to see you back, but not glad you are still dealing with this frustrating and painful issue.

So, last night was the first cold night here, dipping down in the 30's.  We slept with the window open, and this morning, the room was cold, the bed was warm, and since DD doesn't have school today, I couldn't resist staying in bed an extra 45 minutes before work.  LAZY!

Oh well, back at it tomorrow.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Quickadder

Still getting used to the RA forums. It wasn't until I was absent from Jay's summary yesterday that I realized I'd posted my Sunday run in the woods in the Beginners Forum instead of here.

Started this morning with 5 at 5 with DD. Cold front came through overnight and it was 50F and 74% humidity. Had to go back in my log a long way to find the last time I ran in conditions that cool - March 12th! Very easy pace plus a couple of intervals gave me 5.6 miles at 11:10 average.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

SPUNKY57

Spunky57

Hi Friends! Unfortunately life and work got in the way of running and posting. I was gung ho after my half marathon on Oct 8th and had high ambitions for the week after. Things came up that kept interfering with my running plan. I just decided to relax and let my body have a rest. I started this week with the same high ambitions. Found a nice maintenance plan to keep my mileage up until I kick into spring race training. I went home from a challenging work day and put on my running clothes. I was ready for a great run in the fresh air and sunshine. I get a call from farmer DH, he needed a ride. Twelve miles away from me and that would still let me get my run in. He didn't tell me that I would be taking him to several different locations. I ended up with no run and 92 miles on my car. That's how my last week went. Not much running and too much running around.

This morning I ran 6 miles and added 20 reps of stadium stairs at the end. Felt wonderful to be out.

JAY - Yes life is like that sometimes. Hope you are feeling ok and will be getting that workout in tomorrow!

JLYNNE - You described our weather to a tee! And the moon... even though just a sliver, you could clearly make out the whole thing. Beautiful. Nice 5.2 this morning.

HOLLY - I wouldn't call that lazy... I'd call that smart thinking. You are dedicated enough to get the work done too! Hope you enjoyed the extra snooze time.

Again I apologize for my long absence. Blessing All, Spunky

Good to see everyone!

I had to get up early and decided to stick with the treadmill for 3.5 miles.  I had to be at the police station at 8 am to be fingerprinted (again).  I am an officer of our company in a number of our states and have to sign a lot of things.  Our local police station is wonderful about the fingerprinting and didn't even charge us today.  It's a strange process, though.

2.3 on the treadmill after work for 5.8 total.  .5 behind the pace bunny.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

pfriese

An easy 15K around town this morning after yesterday's 6 mile hill run.

Paul

Rochrunner - I am currently working at the old Pontiac Motor site.  My older sister co-oped there from 1973 to 1978.  The site is not very recognizable compared to the 70's. I grew up in Utica and have been living in Clarkston for the last 34 years.

Small world! I was a GMI co-op at Pontiac from 1964-69 and continued working there until about 1978. It's been a whole 'nother life since those days!

I've missed the last couple of Tuesday bike rides, so must have missed the announcement that last week was indeed the last week for the year. So when I got to the senior center this morning, I was the only one! But it was a beautiful day for riding -- cold but clear & sunny -- and I was dressed just right for it. As I was leaving, one other guy showed up so we took our usual route out to our usual coffee and donut stop and rode back for  24 very nice miles.

Two days running and one biking, so I need to take tomorrow off.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Tramps

Erika--oh, that's right; 3 in 4 weeks.  Wow!

Leslie--glad you're back at it. Hope you find a solution.

Upper 30s here this morning, too, so we put off riding until lunchtime.  21 miles on a beautiful, though blustery, day.

Be safe. Be kind.

Henrun

Leslie-good to see you back and nice getting energy from the newbie forum posters.

Georgous cool sunny fall morning. Waited until it warmed up a bit even though I put on my tights for the first time since last winter and ran 6 miles-longest in over a year. Did a one way run past all the tourists on the Freedom Trail and subwayed home.

Howdy Do ~

Thank for the "Welcome Back"s.  I have missed you all.

30 min foggy (weather AND brain) walk/run this a.m., which was about 2 miles.

A ton to catch up on here at work, so no dawdling in RA for now.

Later ~~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

''This morning I ran 6 miles and added 20 reps of stadium stairs at the end. Felt wonderful to be out.''

...w0w...........I think ''Spunky'' is the right handle

===============

40-min PoolRun with letters

off

to St Thomas for pre-op tomorrow, so Good Running to Ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

mrrun

A chatty group this morning - lots of good runs and listening to your body - and who says runners don't have common sense (at times)

Another day of no running, because there's only 2 more weeks of digging, so I biked there this morning.  We're into 17th century stuff, so it's lots of fun.  Immediately found a piece of Venetian glass - not what you expect from colonial Puritans - but that's the fun of archeology.  we also found an 18th century intact ceramic wig curler, as well as the usual pottery, animal bones, window glass, etc.

marj

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

• GNeat also to see the dark circle of the moon almost like resting in the slender crescent still positioned to reflect the sun's rays the other night too.

speaking of reading the New York Times as I was dreaming someone did, if you think you don't have time now, wait'll you get retired and everyone thinks you finally have time for all of their wants that you used to be too busy for. Smile

today's supposed first real rainfall since June 17 was supposed to be combined with strong winds and gusts up to 40mph so ominous as to be deemed the coming of "The Dark."   However, though the mere hour that did fall was four times longer than the fifteen minutes of rain that fell on two occasions earlier in the month, it wasn't enough to last for my morning five mile 'mute.  However, I was lucky enough to have been outin the middle of the floating bridge for the worst of it so got a little taste of whether or not the spectacular summer's spoiled me into a fair-weather runner or not instead of liking running in the rain I've been doing all my life here in rain country and worse. Too little and too early to tell but I'm getting the feeling I might not like running in the rain for 26.2 miles, and longer, anymore.  We'll see as I've got my eyes on an annual 12-hour rainfest at the end of the month and all the usually rainy November marathons tI've running in the pouring down rain most of the time around here.  I'll decide after a little medical situation on Friday but I don't think it will change my mind, . . . . I hope.

ps Erika - welcome back to normal too

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

catwhoorg

Labrat

Similar workouts to yesterday

5 easy at lunch, 8 hilly after work

Went just a little further on each case. Lunch miles were a touch faster than yesterday due to coolness. Evening miles a little slower due to accumulated fatigue

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18