Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Spring Race Calendar (Read 1657 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

CC, I gotta finish fast so I can eat and then get back to my job in Wisconsin. Jeff, by "easy", I mean that the running will be at a lower intensity.

Why is it sideways?

Jeff, by "easy", I mean that the walking will be at a lower intensity.
      Fixed. Trent, you have not yet been well trained enough to go to the well in a marathon. When you go to the well at CMM, you will be wrecked for SJ. Which is fine. But something to consider if Grandma's is really and truly your goal marathon. At this point, though, as you know, you should be singlemindedly focused on CMM because you are gonna blow the roof off.
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yep. I figure walk the hills and run 9 m/m as much as I can.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wait. I am confused. Will I go to the well at CMM or am I not well trained enough. Your post conflicts itself.

Why is it sideways?

Wait. I am confused. Will I go to the well at CMM or am I not well trained enough. Your post conflicts itself.
            Should read "in your previous marathon attempts you HAD not been well trained enough."

Oh Mighty Wing

wait what is this well you are speaking of? how do you know when you are ready?
                how do you know when you are ready?
                When your log doesn't look like an ECG. When you've put miles and hard as fuck workouts in for months at a time. When you turn your focus to one day, one race, and give it all you've got instead of spreading yourself thin running marathon after marathon, weekend after weekend. Do you wanna go to the well or do you wanna run a lot of marathons? I don't think you can do both.

Why is it sideways?

wait what is this well you are speaking of? how do you know when you are ready?
                  When you stop running marathons every week and decide to see just how fast you can go. I know this expresses different values than the marathon maniac / chuck engle approach. To each his own. But running marathon week after week and going to the well are not compatible. Unless, perhaps, you have the experience and background running that Engle does. And even then, I doubt it. MTA: Candice is faster. Look at Ben's log for an example.

The Thunder

When your log doesn't look like an ECG. When you've put miles and hard as fuck workouts in for months at a time. When you turn your focus to one day, one race, and give it all you've got instead of spreading yourself thin running marathon after marathon, weekend after weekend. Do you wanna go to the well or do you wanna run a lot of marathons? I don't think you can do both.
                    Ahhhh it's Taper time! I love it!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Ahhhh it's Taper time! I love it!
                      It's particularly entertaining when not tapering yourself. It's like going to the zoo and looking at a bunch of spastic monkeys picking fleas off each other and then getting in a slap fight.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Did you just call me a spastic monkey? Redundant, much?

Oh Mighty Wing

ooohhh i like all this... this is good stuff. Who says there is one well? maybe i'm currently dipping into a different well - taking the scenic path to the well if you will.

Why is it sideways?

Who says there is one well? maybe i'm currently dipping into a different well - taking the scenic path to the well if you will.
                            Nice.
                              +1,000

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

The King of Beasts

The liquid in my well tastes like anger, hate, victory lost, good races on tired legs, depression and loneliness, hope and loss and despair, mixed with some vomit that I tasted too many times after crushing bicyclists on 9 mile hill during my second 11.2 in the park. Is that what it is supposed to taste like? I cannot wait to drink it up.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”