Sub-4 Marathon Group

May 2013 (Read 58 times)

Indi- very sorry to hear. I highly recommend swimming freestyle (or the crawl depending on what part of the country you were raised) For cardio maintenance.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Set out for a 5 or 6 mile easy run and ended up with a 10 miler. Spent most of the afternoon at the pool with the kiddos and have a bad sun burn so I am glad I put in some extra miles tonight since tomorrows run may be limited. I look like a lobster.

Ball of Fury

Morning Donuts!  SRD over here...surprise, surpise!  My hip is VERY tight and uncomfortable this morning, so that's a bummer.  I am hoping to just do 2-4 miles every other day for a couple weeks but we will have to see how it goes.  I am working another glorious 12 hours and I signed up to track Sprinkles so hopefully, I can keep you guys updated on her progress.  Kick ass Sprinkles!!

Indy:  I am very sorry to hear the calf is still bothering you....I feel your pain!  I am really starting to freak out about maintaining not only my weight, but my cardiovascular status as well.  Do you have access to a pool?  I think I may try to hit up our gym's pool a couple times this week and see how I like swimming...I am really not very good at it and have never tried it for fitness.  Also, spinning?  I have never tried that either but I know it's a great calorie burner.

Onemile:  Sorry about the crash and burn on the 13!  Heat is so brutal sometimes!!

Roll:  Nice 10!  I like lobster to eat, but I don't think I want to look like one!

MDawg:  You're running is really coming along nicely.  I didn't realize your recovery was 5 months long....I seriously may need to be institutionalized if this thing drags on much longer.  And you are probably right, I ran the miles too fast.  Although, the PT said don't be afraid to go fast, since it's really training volume and not speed that causes ITBS/bursitis stuff.

Nick:  Pushing a jogging stroller adds a whole knew challenge to running..those things are heavy!

Simon:  I hope you are enjoying your holiday up there!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Ball of Fury

And here's our first update:  10K @ 53:22, 8:36/mile pace for estimated finish of 3:45:07.  Right on pace!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I did 10 miles this morning, with more later tonight.  For some reason, I cannot get past 10 miles on Sundays when it's too hot and humid.  And I'm used to this weather!

Anyway, good luck to Sprinkles who already passed the 10K mark!

indi, for some reason I didn't finish reading your post.  Sorry the calf is bothering you.  I don't recall if you ever get it checked.  If not, check it out and talk to a PT (if you haven't) to see what course of recovery and PT exercises you might do.  Hope your recovery is quick.

AmiK, s'up?  Hope the hip feels better soon!

Rollcast, I love those runs when one feels well enough to run extra.

Damaris

Ball of Fury

Sprinkles is at the HM mark!!  1:51:22, 8:30/mile pace, estimated finish 3:42:44!  Way to go girl!

Sprinkles is at the HM mark!!  1:51:22, 8:30/mile pace, estimated finish 3:42:44!  Way to go girl!

You beat me to it. looks like the GI issue is better

onemile

Alright! WAY TO GO SPRINK!  Very nice.  Kicking some butt out there!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was just going to post that.  Go, Sprinks, go!

She was bit nervous this morning, but I expect her nerves went away.

Damaris

Ball of Fury

I think her nerves definitely went away!  30K split 2:39:42, 8:34/mile, estimated finish 3:44:36.  Come on Sprinkles!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Go, Sprinkles!

Damaris

onemile

On pace for a 3:44! Wow!  Hammer it home, Sprinks!

Ball of Fury

Hmm...she should be done but no text yet.  I hope she is ok and the gi issues didn't return!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

She posted in FB.  She lost her shirt and bib or something.  Still finished strong considering the heat.

Damaris

Ball of Fury

She posted in FB.  She lost her shirt and bib or something.  Still finished strong considering the heat.

I see it...ty!