Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

mdawg87

10 TM miles for me this morning including 6 x 1 mile repeats with 400 recoveries.  I have to do either the speed/strength or tempo workouts on the TM due to time constraints.  I figure it's better to do the GMP miles (aka as tempo in Hansons) on the road so TM it is for speed and strength workouts.  I have strength training and stretching tonight.

I too am sticking around here, but will contribute on FB as well.  I agree that it's more relaxed since the group is private.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Anyone else sticking around here ?   I respect the group's decision but unfortunately, I don't want to use FB so I may be the odd man out here Sad

Just out of curiosity, why the FB boycott?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

10 TM miles for me this morning including 6 x 1 mile repeats with 400 recoveries.  I have to do either the speed/strength or tempo workouts on the TM due to time constraints.  I figure it's better to do the GMP miles (aka as tempo in Hansons) on the road so TM it is for speed and strength workouts.  I have strength training and stretching tonight.

I too am sticking around here, but will contribute on FB as well.  I agree that it's more relaxed since the group is private.

This is the approach I took as well (except substitute indoor track for TM)

And what did you think of the first strength workout?  I remember thinking it was easier than I had expected...

White Lightning

Finished 4.5 miles with 4x400 interval in the middle @ 7:02, 7:02, 6:40, 6:31.  First time doing any sort of intervals and loved it.  Will slowly build them up.  Enjoying these short mileage days

Play the Game Hard!

Good morning!

I find FB much easier to chat/interact with others, but I won't leave here.

Just did my 9 miles with 5 at 15k-HM pace, which for me is 8:42-8:55.  Actual splits: 8:49, 8:52, 8:50, 8:45, 8:43.  Yesss!!  After a couple previous disappointing speed work sessions (due to various reasons), I'm glad to have nailed this one.

10 on the TM? Go mdawg!

DTF, the important thing is that you got the 5 at tempoish pace in, I'd think.

Glad to see you're back at indi o'clock, indi.

Have a good one, folks!

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Has anyone seen my coffee?  I might need a gallon, bah!

Great runs!

Damaris

Ball of Fury

Hi guys!  Max Interval Plyo this morning, followed by 5 very slow, hot miles.  I am not to get too excited but am so happy I have been able to run again!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

mdawg87

This is the approach I took as well (except substitute indoor track for TM)

And what did you think of the first strength workout?  I remember thinking it was easier than I had expected...

I thought so too.  I guess maybe the past 5-6 weeks of speedwork prepared us for it maybe?

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Hi guys!  Max Interval Plyo this morning, followed by 5 very slow, hot miles.  I am not to get too excited but am so happy I have been able to run again!!

great news lady!!! great news

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Intervals for me this morning before work. 4x1200/400r.  Missed two of the four by :01, which is more irritating than missing by a lot. 4.9 wu/cd.

Doubled up at lunch ~3.5 recovery @ 9:30ish.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Ball of Fury

great news lady!!! great news

Thanks Roll!  That's five miles 3 different times with a day in between...yay!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yay!

Damaris

DetroitTigerFan

Roll - re: FB - have you seen the Southpark episode re: FB ?  lol - my feelings mirror the Stan character in that episode - lol.  I'll just say that I don't have alot of time to manage another profile/website.  Plus, I really like it here where everything is all inclusive and the log is really cool.    http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s14e04-you-have-0-friends

Paula - thanks - hope your run went well. I have similar splits to you too ! I was debating adding a few recovery to make up for the 2 I shorted

Going out for 5 recovery miles in 88 degrees now

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Rusk Runner

Way to go Ami!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

onemile

Happy to hear it Ami Smile