3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Prince of Fatness

Next had the misfortune of being declared a running addict by DW.

My favorite is "Everything revolves around running.".  Sometimes I wonder if she minds that I am injured and don't run as much anymore.  But, I think that she prefers the running addict over the injured curmudgeon.

For the most part she is supportive.  Most of the times that there were problems is when stuff is going on on weekends and I have the gears grinding in my head trying to figure out how to fit my long run into the mix.

Not at it at all. 

bhearn

For the most part she is supportive.  Most of the times that there were problems is when stuff is going on on weekends and I have the gears grinding in my head trying to figure out how to fit my long run into the mix.

+1

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Next had the misfortune of being declared a running addict by DW. Im not sure how this will change the future, but it sucks. Im sure Im pointing this out to the wrong crowd, but my running schedule is not excessive.

Mon - 45 min

Tues - 2 x 20 min commute to and from work

Wed - 2 x 20 min commute to and from work

Thur - 45 min

Fri - 60 min lunch run w/friends

Sat - off

Sun - 45 min

Ha ha.  Show her the logs of some of the truly "excessive" people 

steph  

Not a workout, but I did run 5 miles today at just faster than my old recovery pace and it didn't feel too tiring.  It's my fourth day in a row of running, which is the most days and miles on the trot for ages (I think just under 16, but have been too embarrassed by myself to log anything)...even if the numbers and paces are way below what I would normally be happy with I am actually happy.  I'm alternating just faster than old recovery pace with my "new" recovery pace.  If I don't succumb to the lingering cold I have then I might make this a just over 20 mile week (last week - Mon to Sun was 15)!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

Not a workout, but I did run 5 miles today at just faster than my old recovery pace and it didn't feel too tiring.  It's my fourth day in a row of running, which is the most days and miles on the trot for ages (I think just under 16, but have been too embarrassed by myself to log anything)...even if the numbers and paces are way below what I would normally be happy with I am actually happy.  I'm alternating just faster than old recovery pace with my "new" recovery pace.  If I don't succumb to the lingering cold I have then I might make this a just over 20 mile week (last week - Mon to Sun was 15)!

Nice.  Can't say I've run 4 days in a row recently. 

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Awesome!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

It's easy to make a comeback from 0 though.  I will have lost quite a bit of fitness since the first week of December (when I last ran consistently), so balancing that with the bump/hormone-related changes is interesting, and another reason I've deliberately made sure I don't push it or go for any heroics.  I'm very happy to be running though, it feels good. 

Andy, my 4 days on the trot have been junk, hobbyjogging miles...not decent training miles! I'm currently excited to be running more consistently though and think any fitness won back and maintained now will be hugely advantageous.  Day off tomorrow I think, but will replace run time with 90 minutes of yoga.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

C-R

Andy, my 4 days on the trot have been junk, hobbyjogging miles...not decent training miles! I'm currently excited to be running more consistently though and think any fitness won back and maintained now will be hugely advantageous.  Day off tomorrow I think, but will replace run time with 90 minutes of yoga.

Considering where you are shouldn't each mile you run count as two miles? 

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

C-R Makes an excellent point about counting those miles twice, maybe start a running log for Mini Hoppity and log against it.

Feeling the growl again

C-R Makes an excellent point about counting those miles twice, maybe start a running log for Mini Hoppity and log against it.

+1.  Tell the Turtle his son is already logging more.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Thanks all for the advice. It is much appreciated. I know I need to chill out sometimes.

I have two speeds right now.. easy and tempo. 4 mile Sunday tempo at 605, 550, 543, 545.. Monday 3 mile tempo at 600, 543 and 550. I finish these runs and Im not all that tired. Its kind of strange.

And we run because we like it
                        Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

I rarely ever get to run with other people, so the past week has been like winning the lottery.  A nice run with WhoDat on Saturday and a group track workout at the work track today.  (C-R, you know the guy setting it up, you are notorious and came up in conversation).

On 3min recoveries, the plan was 800-800-3200(threshhold)-1600(fast)-1600(MP).  Went 2:34-2:37-(6:01-5:55)-5:25-6:25 for that.  Took the MP pretty easy as my hamstrings are no longer used to moving fast and were starting to complain.  All in all very pleasant and nice to stretch out.

Best of all, I got a light sunburn.  After this winter it was nice to come out of the cave, I think it was in the mid-50s for the workout.

C-R

I rarely ever get to run with other people, so the past week has been like winning the lottery.  A nice run with WhoDat on Saturday and a group track workout at the work track today.  (C-R, you know the guy setting it up, you are notorious and came up in conversation).

On 3min recoveries, the plan was 800-800-3200(threshhold)-1600(fast)-1600(MP).  Went 2:34-2:37-(6:01-5:55)-5:25-6:25 for that.  Took the MP pretty easy as my hamstrings are no longer used to moving fast and were starting to complain.  All in all very pleasant and nice to stretch out.

Best of all, I got a light sunburn.  After this winter it was nice to come out of the cave, I think it was in the mid-50s for the workout.

Very nice. That's a really good group. Serious about their running. I may make those sessions once in a while when in town.

Yay!  That's an accomplishment in itself.  Hobbyjogging miles or not, you're getting out there.  That's what matters.

Feeling the growl again

We are on the corporate track for the summer; I'd have to sign you in and walk you across campus.  But I think they are talking Thursday workouts over lunch at the indoor by the NCAA center (which until today I didn't know was there).  I am unlikely to make those as we're then talking working early/late to try to take 2+ hours off in the middle of the day.

Very nice. That's a really good group. Serious about their running. I may make those sessions once in a while when in town.