3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Week 1 results are updated at the top of the thread. Most people are beating their goals or on the bubble. Good job folks. The separation in all competitive match ups is single digit, too close to call. I finally pulled a tiny lead on C-R and rebutter but it took a huge week to do it. The bruised boxer analogy is looking more appropriate every day.

Cripes! If we keep this up you'll go over 500 miles. You're even making A1 look like a slacker.

My uterus is going to fall out.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

L Train

Well, life and not being willing to get up at 5 this morning have won, which I guess says a lot about where I am right now.  Oddly, I'm more concerned about letting kmark down than myself. 

Feeling the growl again

Cripes! If we keep this up you'll go over 500 miles.

I don't think that will happen.  About Week 3 I will likely curl up in a ditch somewhere and have a good cry.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

I don't think that will happen.  About Week 3 I will likely curl up in a ditch somewhere and have a good cry.

Don't believe him ra. He's just trying to lull us into a false sense of hope.

Put some duct tape on that uterus. We've some running to do.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

About Week 3 I will likely curl up in a ditch somewhere and have a good cry.

The way I see it, if it's not the USPS driver causing you to curl up in the ditch somewhere it'll be some idiot that doesn't know how to drive in the midwest winters that will take you out. 

Feeling the growl again

As of right now its Spaniel with 130.7 and us with 126.6. We'll take a page from Thunder's book and do some sittin and kickin.

Anyone who has seen how I run knows that I have a crappy kick so I just don't let it come down to that.  This could be going from stupid to downright assinine real quick.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Don't believe him ra. He's just trying to lull us into a false sense of hope.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that ditch is at the turn-around mark in an 18-miler.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

As long as the CR/RA team continue their relentless pressure, this month will turn well beyond the stupid level.

For what it's worth, the average monthly mileage for me over the past two months was 60 miles.  We're 8 days into December and I've busted through that already.  It would have been easy to not head out over lunch some of the days and just get some work stuff done instead but this stupid challenge thread has given me a reason to ignore all else and get my ass out the door.  Thanks.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Hah. Nice ra. I'm off to catch my flight which lamds at midnight. I will be running at 6am. This thread delivers.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Have a good trip C-R.

We may have to start tripling. Spaniel's pulling away.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000somethings/Stats?r=1&e=11&s=1&d=1

C-R

Good Lord. Now I know how Frankenstein felt. We've created a monster. No worries I tipped the FedEx driver a 20 at the airport. Suddenly I feel the urge to hit the tm at the hotel when I arrive at 1am. Is thatt good?

Feeling the growl again

We may have to start tripling. 

Too late, I thought of that first.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Too late, I thought of that first.

Oh crap.

C-R

Why do I get this voice in my head of Spaniel saying "I must break you." in his best Ivan Drago accent.