3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Prince of Fatness

I do pretty much as Trent says.  You want no bottles clanging together (bubble wrap), no movement (padding with newspaper or whatever), no leakage (bags).  Trent and I have shipped back and forth several times with no breakage so if you do it right you probably don't need the bags.  But, if something did break hopefully the bags keep the leakage at bay so no one gets nosy and opens up the box.  Make sure that your box is big enough so you have a few inches on every side.  Once packed, before taping shut the box I'll shake it a little just to make sure it is packed good.

As Trent says, UPS or Fedex.  US Postal service is illegal.

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Thanks guys.

steph  

Prince of Fatness

The nice thing about toasting malt is I get to smell up the house twice.  I don't know which smells better, toasting the malt or brewing the beer.

Heh, yeah well toasting malt smells pretty good.  On the left, one pound toasted at 300 degrees for 25 minutes.  On the right, a quarter pound toasted at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey Span Span. Here's lookin at ya babe.

Prince of Fatness

Catching up on some beers from the beer fairy.

First from Surly.  They are batting 1.000 so far.  Nice.

Having this now.  If there are pecans in there I don't taste them.  It's OK though.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Hey Span Span. Here's lookin at ya babe.

Nice.  I'd say I hope you enjoyed it, but I think that would be a pretty hopeful wish.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Had this last night.

I thought it was a bit too hoppy for an amber. Not really well balanced.

Having this now, just to remind myself.  Dude, seriously?  It's delicious.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Having this now, just to remind myself.  Dude, seriously?  It's delicious.

Maybe I'll have to try another one, but I didn't think it tasted much like an amber. Or at least not the kind of amber that I like.

A buddy of mine surprised me and sent me some Maredsous since I can't get it around here. Now that's some tasty stuff.

I had one of those Southern Pecans also. I was hoping for some pecan flavor too, but nothing really there.

I have not had a Badass Redneck Lager. Thank goodness.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Maybe I'll have to try another one, but I didn't think it tasted much like an amber. Or at least not the kind of amber that I like.

It's a hoppy amber .... not like, say, Fat Tire.  But it is an amber.  Another example for you to try .... Can you get Troegs there?  Try the Hopback Amber.  Dude.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

It's a hoppy amber .... not like, say, Fat Tire.  But it is an amber.  Another example for you to try .... Can you get Troegs there?  Try the Hopback Amber.  Dude.

I don't recall seeing any Troegs around here, but I'll keep an eye out.

I just had a Breckenridge Brewery Vanilla Porter. Now that is my kind of beer.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Nightcap time.  Go big or go home.  This one I have never tried.  I am a cheap F^&k and at 16 a 4 pack I have always passed.  But I was at a place that sells single units so I bought one.  There is a resemblance to Deviant Dales, but it is different.  It's real yummy, and I will be sipping on it for a while.,....

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Went to a fancy schmancy restaurant last night ($30+ entrees)....NO TAPS!!!!  At least they had Goose Island Matilda on tap.  DAMN, C-R is right, that is some fine stuff...especially when you are not half in the bag from a beer mile when you taste it.  Yum...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Ommegang Abbey Ale. Pretty good stuff.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Buncha medical students came over tonight and we did an Octoberfest/marzen tasting, followed by a pumpkin beer tasting.

Nice way to spend a Saturday eve Smile

10 beers or so down the hatch, and a long run in a few hours!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oops. Overslept. At least I got in a long run yesterday too.