Beginners and Beyond

That Extra Mile ThursDAILIES (Read 43 times)

onemile

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

I used to cry when baseball season ended.  For real.

There's no shame in that.

Speaking of tired, I need to shift my RD from Monday back to Wednesday. I think it was better to have the one weekday I can sleep in (till 5:30!) in the middle of the week, to break it up. I really feel like dozing off at my desk right now.

Dave

cjones1

There's no shame in that.

Speaking of tired, I need to shift my RD from Monday back to Wednesday. I think it was better to have the one weekday I can sleep in (till 5:30!) in the middle of the week, to break it up. I really feel like dozing off at my desk right now.

My RD's tend to happen naturally.  Like my alarm goes off on some mornings and I'm like FTS.  I try to always run on Mon, Tue, and Fri, so I have either Wed or Thu and Sat or Sun to play around with and still get 5 days/week in.  I don't like getting up that early more than 3 days in a row.

As for being tired, from 8am to about 3 I am so full of caffeine, I can usually put off the crash until about 9pm.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

DavePNW

My RD's tend to happen naturally.  Like my alarm goes off on some mornings and I'm like FTS.  I try to always run on Mon, Tue, and Fri, so I have either Wed or Thu and Sat or Sun to play around with and still get 5 days/week in.  I don't like getting up that early more than 3 days in a row.

As for being tired, from 8am to about 3 I am so full of caffeine, I can usually put off the crash until about 9pm.

How does that work? When my alarm goes off to run, 100% of the time I get up to run. Not that I am so strong-willed or anything, just that if I gave myself the option to say FTS on some mornings, not sure what would stop me from saying that on all mornings.

Dave

Cyberic

How does that work? When my alarm goes off to run, 100% of the time I get up to run. Not that I am so strong-willed or anything, just that if I gave myself the option to say FTS on some mornings, not sure what would stop me from saying that on all mornings.

I'm like that. Not an option.

Except that I don't get up early to run anymore, so there's that. I will not skip my run anyways. That, too, is not an option.

Since resting is as important as the running itself (ok, maybe not AS MUCH...), in my MRT cycle I managed to get as much sleep as possible in addition to my running.

Baboon

delicate flower

giddyup.

<3

DavePNW

giddyup.

They better have a good tracking system, or they will incur the wrath of the B&B, and they won't know what hit them.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

They better have a good tracking system, or they will incur the wrath of the B&B, and they won't know what hit them.

Chronotrack.  It is going to suck.

<3

cjones1

Easy, I just reach over and turn it off. Smile  If I can't blow it off now and then, I grow to hate it, and then I really rebel and take like 3 months off. It's just about keeping it enjoyable.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

bluerun

Super B****

Chronotrack.  It is going to suck.

Remember the days when you had to, you know, wait until someone was finished and back near a landline to find out how a race went?!  (I don't.  But you get the point.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Easy, I just reach over and turn it off. Smile  If I can't blow it off now and then, I grow to hate it, and then I really rebel and take like 3 months off. It's just about keeping it enjoyable.

I play all sorts of cards; I need to burn the excess calories off I ate the night before, I need to burn some extra calories off so I can eat like a pig that night, I have new gear to wear, conditions are ideal, I actually feel like running, I'm woke so I might as well do it, I'm training for something and have to do it, and if all that fails I remind myself that some of my best runs were ones that I didn't want to do.

Baboon

delicate flower

Remember the days when you had to, you know, wait until someone was finished and back near a landline to find out how a race went?!  (I don't.  But you get the point.)

True story:  My first race ever (a 5K in 2011) had live online results.  Big grin

<3

outoftheblue

giddyup.

I hear that green bibs make you run fast.  Good luck Phil!!!!!!!

Life is good.

DavePNW

giddyup.

Did you punch those holes yourself?

Also - seeded start? Whoa.

Dave