Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies marathoners and whatnot (Read 53 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, Ric-G and FS!

Damaris

LRB

I probably could have, but insanity has its limits.

That's betta. Big grin

Nice job!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Honestly, this is more impressive than my race.  To do this on your own, without the help of a race environment. I couldn't.

I'll trade my run for your marathon time, and throw in 2 pairs of shoes still in the box. Deal? 

Runner with a riding problem.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

That's betta. Big grin

Nice job!

Thanks LRB.  Now when MRT starts, I won't be scared of the distance.  I will however be scared of everything else about it.  It seems like a fickle bitch that can turn on you too easily.

onemile

I'll trade my run for your marathon time, and throw in 2 pairs of shoes still in the box. Deal? 

What brand/model?

LRB

Thanks LRB.  Now when MRT starts, I won't be scared of the distance.  I will however be scared of everything else about it.  It seems like a fickle bitch that can turn on you too easily.

You're a much stronger runner than I am so you may fare better than I have with marathon race training over the years.

DavePNW

Honestly, this is more impressive than my race.  To do this on your own, without the help of a race environment. I couldn't.

Please. Your day was epic. Bask in the glory.

Dave

LRB

Yes, I ran  the most bizarro marathon today with a severe descent for the first half followed by what seemed like a wall of hills throughout the second half in between more second half descents and one little other hill in mile 25. I normally suck at pacing big time and this was not the marathon to try to pace well.  Finished in 3:33 which is my slowest time in a while. Not really upset as it was a bizarre ass course. I was even tempted to walk when my splits took a dive. Never did though. Interesting post race comments from a lot of people. More later.

rick- sorry, but these things are weird. want to hear more.

congrats onemile...simply awesome!

congrats phil - medal and pecan pie aint so bad

congrats step and fs on the AG awards

Sounds rough, check to make sure you have all your body parts!

onemile

Don't get me wrong. I am VERY happy with my race today. Afterwards we were walking back to the hotel and I was like ' I just ran a 3:16 marathon!!' and the guy in front of me turns around and is smiling. And I'm like, sorry I'm a dork I'm just really excited and he's like me too I ran a 3:16 too! 

onemile

Yes, I ran  the most bizarro marathon today with a severe descent for the first half followed by what seemed like a wall of hills throughout the second half in between more second half descents and one little other hill in mile 25. I normally suck at pacing big time and this was not the marathon to try to pace well.  Finished in 3:33 which is my slowest time in a while. Not really upset as it was a bizarre ass course. I was even tempted to walk when my splits took a dive. Never did though. Interesting post race comments from a lot of people. More later.

It sounds like a more severe version of Boston and that course beat me up like nothing else. Congrats.

Cyberic

I was afraid of the marathon distance and I think it served me well for my first. I did have luck on my side, but I also prepared as much as I could as to minimize the chances of things going south. I did all I could, asked thousands of questions around here, read all the race reports...

Continue to train like you're doing, and you'll be fine!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

What brand/model?

I have a couple of new pairs of Saucony Virrata 1s, or Skechers GoBionic 1s.  You choose, I ship.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

onemile, what he said.

workinprogress11

Good luck!  Sometimes the best PRs are made on race we don't care.

I appreciate the thought but the only PR tomorrow would be a PW.  I know that going in though. If I can beat my PW by even a second I would be quite happy.

Baboon

delicate flower

Don't get me wrong. I am VERY happy with my race today. Afterwards we were walking back to the hotel and I was like ' I just ran a 3:16 marathon!!' and the guy in front of me turns around and is smiling. And I'm like, sorry I'm a dork I'm just really excited and he's like me too I ran a 3:16 too! 

That's awesome.  Smile  This high ought to stay with you for a while.

I ran 5 mile miles this afternoon because Coach scheduled me to.  7:53 pace.  I was expecting much worse...my legs were tired from running a 5K.

<3