Masters Running

Go Jeanne!!!!!! (Read 270 times)

dg.

This is a little late!   I've been meaning to do this all day.    Jeanne, good luck this weekend.   You've been given a lot of good advice & encouragement already, (love the gummi bear idea!).     I won't say too much right now (I still have laundry to hang up & I'm pretty tired) but I'm so excited for you.    You've worked so hard for this, & have overcome so much.   So relax (as much as possible) & enjoy it!  See you soon.  Have a safe t rip.

Slo

+1

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

You have a great time Jeanne and be sure to get Rib's autograph too!    I am so happy that you are able to do this after the summer you had.   I'll be there in spirit every mile of your journey.      Savor the moment!!   {{{hugs}}}

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Don't forget to double-knot your laces, trim your toenails, bodyglide any spot that might be a problem (I do the underside of my arms, where they rob against the opening of my singlet) - and have fun!

Remember - no here cares about your finishing time, just that you make it safely to the end with a smile on your face!  So relax, take a deep breath, enjoy!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Breathe deep, square your shoulders and just run. Don't worry about time, smile to relax your face and soak it all in JLynne. I can't wait to hear he details! No matter how much it hurts, look up at the camera at the finish line and smile.

Good Luck!

Savor the experience - this only happens once, so enjoy it as long as you can.  Good luck!!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

if you have any concerns at all (and don't care that much about time), start out a lot slower than you want (at least one minute per mile slower pace than your training), even stay at the very, very BOP for a couple of miles.  Otherwise, run like your hair's on fire!  You too dg.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Maniac 505

You will set a PR on Sunday,  might as well make it one that is easy t o beat the next time.

Enjoy your day.   (see  you Saturday)

Dave

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Wow ,so much wisdom in the posts above! I'll just add: Enjoy the day and have fun!

If it starts to hurt around mile 20, that is normal, you did nothing wrong.  You are allowed to walk too.  And then it will get better as you get closer to that finish line.  And then once you are past that finish line.....you are a marathoner, for life!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

TammyinGP

Good Luck and most importantly, ENJOY the experience!

and like Divechief said - take it slow, it'll be a PR no matter what and then the next marathon will be all the sweeter because you'll PR again!

Tammy

Good luck, Jeanne.  See you Saturday.

Don't put your shorts on backwards.......(hi Erika!)
                            Masters 2000 miles
                            stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Don't put your shorts on backwards.......(hi Erika!)

And to pile on--don't forget your chip. Evil  Sorry, it just popped out.

Enjoy yourself whatever you do.  And know that those of us who haven't done one yet, are just a teeny-weeny bit jealous.  OK, a lot jealous.

Good luck.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Go, JLynne, Go!!!  Have Fun!  Smile!  Have Fun!

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance