Masters Running

Wednesday May 28 Daily - Luck of the Irish to All (Read 462 times)

Mariposai

8 glorious miles with miles 4 and 6 at tempo pace. The new tempo pace based on my latest PR 5k results (8:30) is still a challenge for me to run when it is sandwiched with a semi long run like today. I planted 24 bush bean seeds, I hope I am not too late on planting them. Twocats, I can't wait to see pictures of your Ireland trip. Please post them! Btb, where are you???????? Tetsujin, where are you????? I haven't seen you around here lately. Nice picture Tall and SR, thanks for the comment on the proper body form.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

8 easy miles with T this morning...Coach is back from his honeymoon,so I think running is going to start to get a little harder Tight lipped ...marathon in Sept...
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Marathon Maniac #3309

Btb, where are you????????
        Don't know where Bob is at....but he is running good and strong again.... http://runningahead.com/logs/3412da5dac5b4d779defefb48f09e92a

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

mustang sally

Bad faerie

I planted 24 bush bean seeds, I hope I am not too late on planting them.
          Dunno about your part of WA, Mariposai, but here on the coast, I only just put mine in (with great trepidation) over the weekend. The ground has been so cold after a carpy spring that I was concerned that they'd just rot in the ground. I won't rest easy until I see their little green noses poking out of the earth. OK. I will. It isn't the end of the world to go down to Thrifty for a bag of green beans from time to time. (Thinks some more) - Hey. I wonder if it's too late to put in a few of those funky Orca beans - they look so cool when dried. Oh. Running. No running today Big grin Will swim later.
            As others have noted, the cold snap overnight had everyone out covering their tomato plants last night, and indeed there was a touch of frost in places this morning. I ran on the rail-trail with a friend for four miles. The good news was that it was my first sub-10 average pace over that distance in a few months, and very few complaints from the leg parts. We were passed along the way by the female contingent of the local running team, making us look even slower than we were! Good running to everyone today, as always!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tetsujin, where are you????? I haven't seen you around here lately.
              thanks posie, just supertaperin' in the hopes I'll get past 40 miles and maybe all the way in this weekend's 100K with franc59. ps - don't tell aamos but I WENT TO THE BASEBALL GAME LAST NIGHT!!!!! <>Mariners break seven game losing streak against World Champion Red Sox with Ichiro's 2-0 against Matsuzaka making front page news in Japan)>>>.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

Nice 2 hours of work Perch, great workout. I ran again today and really need a day off, but I'm taking one tomorrow because I am taking my two boys up to Lake Texoma to fish for stripers, which I understand are biting really well now. I expect to bring home a big cooler of fish tomorrow afternoon. Really looking forward to it. The guide always lets Riblet drive the boat back to the dock too, which he loves to do. Regarding yesterday's post, I wasn't so much trying to correct Tallrunner as I was trying to emphasize what one should be looking for in form. Running "tall" or keeping the head high and still, the shoulders back, and the upper body over the hips is a desirable posture. It looked to me in that photo with those folks running at Tall's pace of probably 6:15's to 6:30's at that early stage, you are seeing great form and certainly if there is any lean to the body it would be in the direction the runner is moving, but only slightly. What concerns me are articles on "Chi" running, and others where the recommendation is to lean slightly forward. If you do this, you will lean in front of your center of gravity. Naturally this will make you pick up your pace, just as you would do if you stumble and are falling, but it isn't a great recommendation for one's running form. Go back and look at Frank's picture. We should all look like that when we run. Today was a slow but steady 5.5 on the dirt. Spareribs
                  Ribs, thanks for the comments on form relative to Tall's picture. I've been gently suggesting to my DW to not lean forward so much when she runs. Watching her, it's very apparent to me. She read you should be leaning forward somewhere way back in one of her magazine's. And as DW's are sometimes want to do, she isn't listening to me. Imagine that. Tight lipped She is having such back problems right now that I don't want to push it at all. But I really think she'd have an easier time of it if she'd relax, "run tall", and not try to force a lean. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

ps - don't tell aamos but I WENT TO THE BASEBALL GAME LAST NIGHT!!!!! <>Mariners break seven game losing streak against World Champion Red Sox with Ichiro's 2-0 against Matsuzaka making front page news in Japan)>>>.
                    Vista's right, I'm choking! Aaaarrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Dead Dead Dead Dead Dead
                    Masters 2000 miles
                      Nice 2 hours of work Perch, great workout. Go back and look at Frank's picture. We should all look like that when we run. Spareribs
                      Well sure thing, that would be just swell, 'cepting for some of us are a bit vertically challenged even to aspire to that, hmpf. Tongue
                      Masters 2000 miles

I Can Go The Distance

Good Wednesday Boomers, Thanks for starting us out TwoCat. Blessings on your trip home. 7 easy miles for me today in 1:10:16 10:03/mile pace. I did the first 4 miles on the street and then 3 miles on the track when the traffic picked up. Legs felt fine after speed yesterday. Have a great day everyone. Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

Spareribs - thanks for the feedback on "Chi" running. Some women I run with have purchased that book and are swearing by all the info they're taking from it (my sister included). I told her straight and tall and proper alignment is the way to run. I paged through her book, and the idea of running leaning foward doesn't even look comfortable! How can you get your diaphragm and breathing right? That book is really hot in this area right now. Has anyone else looked at it? Maybe Spareribs should write a book... Jeanne
                            Anyone else see a connection between Mustang Sally's Orca beans and Mary's puppies? Confused (Maybe I'm just suffering from the effects of too much ice cream.....)
                            Masters 2000 miles
                              Enke--Tommy is gorgeous. I think the eye thing just looks like a reverse of what football players do with that black gunk under their eyes--she's stylin' in her own way. Her health is sure to improve now that she's in your home. (The DH is on the board of the local humane society; big round of standing applause to you for adopting her from yours Big grin Big grin Big grin!!!!!) Thanks for the photo--she looks like a Nikki I once adopted in the '80s, who lived a good long time. Carolyn, right, I like the "between jobs"--keep thinking that way. You deserve a break, so try and enjoy this one and know that we are all rooting, praying, or sending good karma, etc. your way, dependent upon our individual beliefs and practices. Keep posting and keep us posted on your progress.
                              Masters 2000 miles

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Anyone else see a connection between Mustang Sally's Orca beans and Mary's puppies? Confused (Maybe I'm just suffering from the effects of too much ice cream.....)
                                Oh, I was going to make the same comment - but I was afraid you'd think my mind had totally gone to the dogs!! Now I feel better . . . .

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com