Masters Running

St. Patty's Day runs and green beer .... (Read 566 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Or is it green beer and then the runs?   Wink     Top 'O the Mornin to ya all!!

Holly carp, did I every over dress this morning!    When I was driving home last night it was 38° so I figured it'd be in the low 30's ...... but it was closer to 50°!!     So, I got to sweat my arse off as I decided to finally do some intervals.    1 mile wu and cd, then five quarter mile intervals with .15 mile rest periods.    

2:08

2:06

2:06

2:10

2:09

I was pooped!  

Happy St. Patty's Day!!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Nice intervals Mary.

Started with a quick lifting session, followed by a 2.5 mile warmup run on the treadmill.  Then I got to play guinea pig at the "under development" rpm spin class in the gym.  It was more challenging than regular spin class.  Felt similar to interval training for running.  45 minutes of sweaty bliss.  Tomorrow - I spin again.  It should be interesting to see how my legs react to spinning three days in a row.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Good morning all! It's such a beautiful day today, I can't decide if I should run this morning or run in the afternoon. Maybe I'll do both...

Mary, I just saw this article, made me think of you. Oh, and so many others here. And yes, you too, Avenger Doggie. Smile

Meant to mention this the other day... congrats on your 29th anniversary, Wildchild! We're coming up on 25 years this fall. Time well spent, that's all I've got to say.

I'm not Irish but my favorite color is green.... and I like beer.... so I guess I can celebrate today too!

Later friends...

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Morning all.  3.3 miles in IRC in Huntersville, NC.  41° and the stars were out at 5:30am.  It's also VERY dark at that time this far west in the time zone.  Managed 9m/m pace with the headlamp along roads with no shoulder, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Not sure about the Irish influence down here, but I spell my name as O'Meele for today.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Now that I'm a little more awake ...... Any baby news JLynne???

Nice article OM.   I definintley fall into the catagory of getting even more excercise with dogs.   In addition to my running 5 days a week, I also go for 30+ minute walks 5-6 nights a week too.     That being said, why can't I drop weight?  Angry    I love that shirt in your avatar!

Nice spinning PBJ!   I need to try that some day.   My neighbor teaches it and said she'd sneek me into her class, I just haven't taken her up on it yet.

Nice to see Doug stop by yesterday and Trent later in the evening!!

~Mary

~unknown

lamerunner

Good morning. Nice tempo run, Erika! You had a big mileage week last week; that may make your legs a bit tired. I had much the same feeling yesterday.

8 miles easy this morning, lots of traffic.  Nice weather though, sunny and mild. There was some ice after ysterday's cold rain and below freezing night, but not too bad.

Happy Thursday and St. Pattys day!.

Jlynne

Now that I'm a little more awake ...... Any baby news JLynne???

Benjamin Daniel was born yesterday at 2:51 PM. 6 pounds, 14 ounces, 19 inches long. Ten fingers, ten toes - and a perfect heart! He's also got dimples and a good set of lungs. Mom and baby are both doing great. I've got Will today and we're taking him up to the hospital to meet his new little brother. Should be interesting Smile

Love the new avatar OM!

Great to see you posting, Erika!! You've been missed.

Speedy pace for Mr OMeele this morning. What are you doing in North Carolina?

Hi Twocat! Bring us back a surprise, okay? We've been good while you're gone.

Hey Mary - I was overdressed this morning too. Strong winds out of the south but hey - I'm not complaining - I got to run! Started with a half mile, then walked a mile, ran a mile, walked a mile, ran a little more.... Total: 6 miles.  Came home and did the exercises my PT gave me and took some naproxin. Everything seems okay so far so life is good. Think I'll celebrate later with a green beer!

Happy St Paddy's day everyone.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Benjamin Daniel was born yesterday at 2:51 PM. 6 pounds, 14 ounces, 19 inches long. Ten fingers, ten toes - and a perfect heart! He's also got dimples and a good set of lungs. Mom and baby are both doing great. I've got Will today and we're taking him up to the hospital to meet his new little brother. Should be interesting Smile

Yea!   We need pictures!!!    Congratulations Grandma .... I bet Will will love him, at first anyways, until he realizes he's stickin' around!!    Nice 6 miler ..... don't go overdoing it now.

~Mary

~unknown

...25min out and back this morning...........it's getting easier,

and

I'm remembering

where the dogs live,

,,,,,,,,,,,couple of Labs came out to see me,

but they're just GoodCompany...

......since I'm ScotchIrish,

I guess it means we were kicked out of TWO countries....

Pickles

is Irish,

so

I bought her

An Ornamental Potato

..................good running guys..............UpTheIrish!!!!!!!!!

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

JLynne--congratulations to you and entire family!!  and on the run, too. Wink  Project work in NC, off to Nashville next week for more of the same.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Slo

1st things first;

March the 17th...Sleep the 18th.  Erin go Bragh. I'm not Irish but I do like celebrating with them. Happy ST Patricks Day.

10.4 easy miles this morning. IRC, 52 degs, light breeze, moonlight and the longing to run.

Congrats Jlynne ! On both fronts...RThats great news...be sure to tell the parents your online community has been asking.

Nice intervals Mary. Nice run TW...glad the dogs are friendly. I have a few on my routes that I like to visit occasionally.

Enjoy !

Good Baby news this morning!

I forgot to wear Green today, so consequently I'm going to have to hide in my office with the door closed all day.  The Irish Pub we often go to when we are in Breckenridge is surely Hopping today!

No run this morning.  Giving the back a rest.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mariposai

Benjamin Daniel, welcome to the world!!!! Congratulations grandma Jlynne. We will need a report on how Will reacts to his new brother.

Good run Stumpy and good to see you hanging out with us more often.

ErikaSurprised look at those tempo paces. mama mia.

Hi back to you Trent, good to see you back to running.

I shall RAW today, but I am here to report yesterday's 7 RAW miles. It was" hot gym date night" for me and my DH ( MikeE that means Dear Husband). For me: I ran those 7 miles with 1/4 mile at 8:57 pace, which is the slower side for my tempo runs, but I have a 10k race this weekend I did not want to tire the legs too much. So 7x1/4 mile seems to be good enough for a cut back/race weeekend.

My DH: ran 3 miles plus played with some weights. You know what? I think I a have a new runner in my family, yeap. This is his 5th month of running a few miles three times a week and he would go running even when I am not. This is miracle since I have tried to make a runner out of him for over 24 years..

Off to work now. We have an Irish theme potluck at work, my DH convinced me to bake the now famous around my house "twocat-irish soda bread to take to the potluck. Well he wanted to take one to his workplace also, so he tricked me into backing one for me and one for him.

Go Perchcreek  go!!!!  

Maith an lá (have a good day in Irish ) to you all!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Howdy,

Thanks for all the anniversary well-wishes!  Yeah, Enke, I got married when I was 10. Joking  My DH is a good guy, even if I'll never make him a runner like Mariposai has managed with her DH. 

Jeanne, congrats on your new grandson Ben!  That's my DH's name too. 

Welcome back to Derrick. Glad you're running again!  And hi to Trent and Doug - don't be strangers!

4 mile RAW yesterday.  It was hot in town - probably mid 70's - so I stopped at a mountain trail halfway home where it was cooler. Still kinda snowy on the trails, but I sure do love running mountain trails.  Only problem is,  when I have a fixed amount of time to run, I can't cover nearly the mileage in the mountains that I can in the flatlands.  The 4 miles took 50 minutes.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Yes--Mariposai--I am slowly piecing these things together and I did figure that one out.  Although, I kind of stumbled into it...I figured out the Husband part first and then I just had to figure out the D...Dumb...Damn...Dear...I figured it it could be either one depending on the situation.  I'm working on the rest.