Masters Running

Wed Nov 26 Runs and Whatnot (Read 624 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

posie, thank you and god bless you and all your family getting to get together. re nonrunning anonymous, not only did twocat DNF but it was so glorious on Sunday <(tammy'sbirthday)*>>> that I succumbed too. here's the current standings. However, timbi did some pool running today and, if he's not careful, may not make it to the reigning champion's 28 days. nonrunners anonymous - COR 11/25/08 (Tuesday) lamerunner - 15 erika - 23 timbi - 24 twocat - DNF @ 19 days tet - DNF @ 28 days</(tammy'sbirthday)*>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Something I really forgot Tammy, was how much swimming works the abs and core. My stomach feels like I did a couple 100 of crunches last night. Lunges always make my knees hurt for what ever reasons, but running my knees are fine...maybe need to do more to see a difference. Hey tet, pooling running surely doesn't count for real running does it....better look that one up in the rule book.......................................OK, the rule book said it is NOT a run, if my feet never touched the ground, they didn't Tongue Leslie, only a few year ago, I could barely swim one lap before I was sooo out of breath. I kept at it, and now can easily swim an hour or more straight without stopping....and I hadn't swam since high school. Hey math geeks, if I swam for an hour - and swimming slowly I swim 50 meters / yards (not sure) in 2 minutes - how far did I swim...my mind doesn't work that way, and I lose track trying to count that many laps Roll eyes Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Morning, Folks ~ Re walking - I always warm up/cool down with a good 5-minute walk, then stretch after running. My legs really talk to me if I don't. Tim - Glad you've found some good x-training to keep you occupied. I've always been interested in pool running, but as far as swimming goes - I can barely keep my head above water let alone swim. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how strong your whole body will be when you start running again. I generally have 2 or 3 days of strength training mixed in with my running. Mary - Cute pic of your pups! Gordon - Dang! Nice run! With a sore left hip and a headache to beat all headaches, I opted out of running this a.m. Am participating in a 5k Turkey Trot tomorrow, which should be interesting. It usually takes me a good mile or so to get my legs and breathing working right, so just about the time the race is over I'll be nicely warmed up! Just the Hub and me tomorrow. A couple of loose end friends might come over, but so far no definite yeses. Kinda makes it hard to plan food, but we were only going to rotisserie up a chicken anyway. Will do the whole big dinner thing over Christmas when my family invades. Later!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Actually, Tet, I DNF'd at 21 days. That was my outer edge so to speak (2-3 weeks off) and I'm amazed I made it that far. I always walk before and after, at least for a little bit (.25 mile). I do need to get better at post-workout stretching. During my time off from running, I got back into all the cross training I used to do, especially weight training. Fun to see how you can get back into that and get results faster than the first time around. When I started back to it in mid-October, I could barely do one set of ten chest flye with two 20 lb dumbbells, and I was sore for days afterwards. Now I do three sets, ready to go up to 25 lbs (2 sets), and I'm not sore afterwards. Cool. Tim, so glad you found your way to the pool and got instruction on form and technique for the water running. That's important to start off doing it right and it can be a very good workout! While I won't say I didn't lose any running fitness, I think my pool running got me through NYC whereas if I'd done other stuff (elliptical, bike), I bet I'd have had a harder time. Good for you! Speaking of pool running, I'll be heading to the pool for about an hour of pool running today after work. I'm hoping they "release" us early (ha, sounds like prison) so I can get there before 5... Our gyms are closed on holidays, so gotta do that today. First outside run since early October planned for tomorrow! Gotta find my tights...
            Hi lyndenrunner, not posting a lot, since I'm injured and not running so much. Someday soon I hope. Hiya Deeg!!
              Errands and packing took way longer than I'd expected this morning, (OK, so I overslept, too), so no run before heading to the shore. Good news is that today's thread has prompted me to do some yoga when I arrive this evening. I always walk before and after runs, but tend to be lazy about the stretching - until I start having problems. Another one of those things that I know is good for me, but need my body to remind my brain about. Forecast is for greta weather for tomorrow's 5K. Whoo hoo! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Hey math geeks, if I swam for an hour - and swimming slowly I swim 50 meters / yards (not sure) in 2 minutes - how far did I swim...my mind doesn't work that way, and I lose track trying to count that many laps Roll eyes
                It has been a while since I've done a story problem like this, but the way I see it you swam 1500 meters (50 meters x 30 minutes) and that is equivilant to .93 miles.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

It has been a while since I've done a story problem like this, but the way I see it you swam 1500 meters (50 meters x 30 minutes) and that is equivilant to .93 miles.
                  Ok now -- if a train leaves Chicago going 80 miles and hour, and one leaves NY going 50 miles an hour, what time is it in LA?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Must be something wrong on my part or something. Because when I do a 1/2 Ironman, my 1.2 mile swim is usually around 43 to 45 minutes...and last night was not that slow, but maybe it was Confused Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, if you have time to goof off this afternoon...
                      Ha! Me and my big mouth! Two domestic relations crisis, an emergency subpoena to file, and the world’s most complicated Will to write... ...I give, devise and bequeath my extensive Christmas ornament collection to my thirty-four closest friends, listed as follows, in equal shares, share and share alike, blah, blah, blah........and my cookbook collection shall be divided as follows, blah, blah, blah...... I may not get out of here until tomorrow..... Sad

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

. . . and the world’s most complicated Will to write...
                        My favs are when they call and say they're leaving in two days for a month-long trip to the ends of the earth. Can we have a trust completed by then?? Also on the Wills - "If there is no agreement on who gets whatever family heirloom/trinket, all names go in a hat and each person gets to pick what they want according to the position in which they're name is drawn. If they're still arguing over who gets the gravy boat, the executor gets to make the final decision. Which is akin to putting a bulls eye in the middle of the executor's chest. Roll eyes

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Today's to-do list: Read volumes of discovery in a murder case: Done. Renew vehicle tabs online since they expire in 3 days Roll eyes : Done Balance checkbook: Done Register for Seattle R&R Marathon: Done Big grin

Tammy

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Ok now -- if a train leaves Chicago going 80 miles and hour, and one leaves NY going 50 miles an hour, what time is it in LA?
                            Noon - duh!!! Roll eyes

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Register for Seattle R&R Marathon: Done Big grin
                              Uh, Tammy -- I don't see any marathons in your log. Is this your first? If so, yikes! Big grin

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Marathon Maniac #957

My favs are when they call and say they're leaving in two days for a month-long trip to the ends of the earth. Can we have a trust completed by then??
                                No doubt - and yes, this client is leaving for California on Wednesday, so I have to have first draft, attorney revision, client review, subsequent revision, and then execution done by Tuesday afternoon. Not so much of a problem if he didn't have the complication level to ridiculous extremes. And then there's the ridiculously complicated Trust we've been working on this week, for the woman who thinks her middle-aged children can't be trusted with money so she wants to drivel it out to them a little at a time, according to a bizarre calculation that changes every 5 years of their lives. Roll eyes ETA - TAMMY! WOO HOO!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."