Masters Running

So glad it's Friday, 7.14.23 (Read 38 times)

Holly-  I actually saw the exact tattoo online somewhere, so I didn't get it from Steve.  I also previously had a bracelet that said the same thing.  I don't mind stealing, though!  Smile

We watch most of our TV in the bedroom.  We have a big TV in the living room and a big one mounted on the wall in the bedroom.  We haven't had a problem with falling asleep after watching, but I totally get the admonition about NOT having screens in the bedroom.  I have my iPad and phone as well- not to mention the Apple watch.

Doug- sounds fun.  I miss the food part of cycling!  With running you don't get to stop part way and eat like we sometimes did on the long bike rides!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

quick post

93-degree heat index

...40-min at athletic fields......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

anneb

The H needs to watch tv to fall asleep, usually. I could skip it but it doesn't bother me, so it's fine. We have a 43" there, a 55" in the living room and a 65" in the basement. The one in the living room is the nicest (Sony model that we got as last one at Costco) and we had it 9 months before we realized our old (ie not 4K) Roku player was actually dumbing down the picture. Well, the Roku crapped out recently and we went through setting up the interface on the TV and the picture is WAY better than it was before. Oops.

We have no phones or iPads in the bedroom, though. That's a rule.

Anne

SteveP I do worry about officials not getting back to me because they worry what the data might show. Or more to the point, that I might have an agenda to make them look bad. I do what I can to indicate that is not true by pointing them to my existing work, which I think is pretty agenda free. Nothing I have published has pointed all one way or the other. Still no word from Greenbrier WV.

We have a TV in the bedroom, but I cannot remember when it was last turned on. The only one I watch is in the basement with the TM and elliptical. The one in the family room my DW watches.

Today I wound up working from home. I planned to go into the office, but as I was headed out the appliance repair shop called and said they could come over and (finally!) fix my secondary oven (there is a big and little one as part of my oven). It has been weeks and I could not turn that down. DW is off at an agility trial to watch her DS compete with her DS's dogs. Fingers crossed, the doggies will do well.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Late to the party, but I finally showed up.  Nothing to report since I didn't work out this morning, but I do plan on doing something after work, I just don't know what.

Insurance.  I'm more ticked off at my doctor right now than my insurance.  I thought we had an agreement that she would refer me to PT without requiring an appt if it was related to my running, but apparently not.  I'm on the cancelation list, but right now I can't get in until October.  Yes, October!!!   I had trouble not sarcastically laughing in the scheduler's ear when she told me that.  I got a couple of names of PTs who apparently accept patients without requiring a Dr referral.  The website of one has - you guessed it! - a wait list, and the other I need to call and see what the situation is.  Have I mentioned that medical care in Humboldt County sucks??? 

TV in the Bedroom.  Nope.

Books.  I have Steve Magness' book.  Started it, need to go back to it.  However, yesterday, I finally got Sally McRae's book "Choose Strong."  I got to the first time her dad beat her when she was 5 or 6 - holding her upside down off the ground and then dropping her when he was done - and I had to set the book down. . . . I knew from a remarkable interview she did with Nick Bare in 2021 on his podcast that she came from a home of abuse, so I was prepared, but I think it's going to take some deep breathing to get through the book.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Happy Birthday Carolyn and Nancy! 

bioguy

For the John Sandford fans, he has made Letty a main character in two new novels. I liked the first one quite a bit, but the second one not so much.

No real exercise today except weeding, watering, and mulching the pollinator garden my students put in at the park. Finished some lectures for my class in the afternoon.

Racing a new 5K tomorrow; unfortunately the race starts at 9 so it will be kind of toasty.

wildchild

Carolyn

Thanks for the bday greetings, Karen!  I met 3 friends for a trail run in Evergreen this morning, and we did 13.1 miles, since two friends wanted to get their half marathon for the month.  (That's also one of my monthly goals, but I already met it this month with the run to Winter Park and back Sunday and Monday.)   One friend brought beer and sea salt & vinegar potato chips for an after run party at a picnic table by Evergreen lake!

No TV in the bedroom for us, either. We only have one TV, in the living room. My DH likes to watch after dinner, and I usually join him.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

mrrun

Happy Birthday Wildchild & Posie!  (Coming out of lurker mode for this important occasion)

went to food pantry this morning with GD2.  GD1 and GS are touring Europe for 3 weeks with 100 other kids from NH, CT, & NJ on a band/ orchestra/ choir tour - I’m jealous!  Have been walking most mornings with friends or alone.

have a greta evening!

TammyinGP

Happy Birthday Carolyn and Nancy! Hope your respective bday celebrations are wonderful.

no bedroom tv for us either. Only the living room. And DH has one in his shop/garage. I could easily pull the plug on tv and not even have one. DH has it on 90% of his waking hours even if he's not really paying attention to it. usually it's on some motorsports or car related show. he likes the background noise and watching a few minutes here and there while he's working on something out in his shop.   and where we live, our ONLY options for TV are satellite, unless you have a highspeed connection and can stream. which we don't , so we pay a ridiculous amount for DirecTv. 
                      BUT, our rural area is one of the areas that was assessed and approved for the billion + grant from the federal govt to bring high speed to rural areas, so this past month, they've been laying fiberoptics for Spectrum cable. I will gladly drop Directv and switch to cable when it's available, maybe 3-4 months.

Tammy

Henrun

About 2+ miles of walking and weights today.

We have a 45 inch tv in the living room and a 34 inch in the bedroom which we rarely watch and it usually puts me to sleep.  But, mostly we have a Sonos radio which is on most of the time to classical music (jazz). We don’t watch much tv except for news, sports and a few streamed shows.

C-R

Happy birthday Carolyn and Nancy!

Quick stop as all things are good. Just too much on my plate. Happy to lurk and read for this awesome crew.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Hey! I got to run today!

4.1 ez miles, temps only in the 70's here by the Bay, despite what the news says.

traveling, and then "just helping out a bit" for the production of Hunchback with 5 consecutive 12hr days. Look how beaten down I am from making Notre Dame:

May be an image of 3 people

at least I don't look as bad as this guy:

May be an image of 4 people

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Hi, Norm.     Hi, Bill.   Thanks for dropping by!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'm glad it's Friday too because t thought it was Saturday which would have made it the 15th and I would have missed getting my Dominique's waiter race t-shirt I got in 1978 in WDC eating rattlesnake meat and sheep's brain both for the first and last times while the tuxedoed waiters ran down the block and back without spilling a drop of wine from the wine glasses on their trays which I've been doing for years to recognize our Bastille Day babes.

Otherwise wasted 62 minutes on the phone with century link until I finally terminated them after 20 years with extreme prejudice and did the same for t-mobile after some two decades too when their monthly rates broke through $90 and spent 90 minutes switching the internet for our laptops and whatever for cell phone and tablet to i-phones and smart pads all for less any one or the other was, . . . I think.

whew.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)