Masters Running

Thursday 1/21 Runs and Rests (Read 506 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly - darn, I don't think I can make it to your house for Taco Soup on such short notice.  I've been craving some, so maybe that will be on the agenda for Sunday.  I'll have to forego the tortilla chips, cheese and other delectable add ins unfortunately. 

Sue - it can still feel like a splurge if you serve it over a big bowl of shredded lettuce, perhaps with a tbsp of parmisan cheese (a lot of flavor for 20 calories), and some ranch dressing on the side for fork-dipping. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Hmmm, taco soup sounds like something even my fussy 17 year old would like. I made wonderful chicken noodle soup the other day and he wouldn't touch it. Yes, this is the kid who loves pickled herring.

I ran 7 miles on the treadmill last night, progressive paces starting at 9 and last mile at 8:13. Felt tired, but not wiped out so that's good, and foot was ok with it. The test will be today's lunchtime run... 4 miles planned less than 24 hours after the last run, and 3rd day in a row. If everything feels pretty good tomorrow morning, I'll know I'm on the right track. (But I'll still have Friday as a non-run day)

Sue - it can still feel like a splurge if you serve it over a big bowl of shredded lettuce, perhaps with a tbsp of parmisan cheese (a lot of flavor for 20 calories), and some ranch dressing on the side for fork-dipping. 

Mmmmmmmm!!!  It's almost lunch time, and I'm STARVING!

Mari - I can't even rub my head and pat my belly at the same time, let alone put on makeup and try to type.  Someone - or something - would end up hurt.  Most likely my eyeball.  And speaking of makeup - got done drying my hair, looked at myself in the mirror and though, "Something's a little off."  Took me a second to realize I hadn't put on my face paint.

I gave up trying to get The Hub to eat healthy and lose weight.  At this point, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed we get the house paid off before he keels over.

Bruce - I quit wearing running rain gear a long time ago.  It makes my skin feel claustrophobic.  I figure I'm getting wet with sweat anyway and, as my daddy says, there ain't no soap in that there water, so what's the problem?  I think we've seen the worst of it for now, too.  Although it's my understanding more storms are expected next week, but warmer, so anticipating snow melting and flooding.  Great.

An abbreviated workout today - 30 min of cycling whilst watching "Burn Notice," followed by only 15-20 min of TRX-ing.  Ran out of time and bef9re The Hub left for work had to fill up Fats the Cat so he can pee for the next few days.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I gave up trying to get The Hub to eat healthy and lose weight.  At this point, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed we get the house paid off before he keels over.

LOL - I could have said the same thing!!!  Three years of  harping about his diet and I've just given up.  He actually brought twinkies into the house the other day.

Anyone notice Tramps is getting faster all the time.  If he wasn't such a nice guy....

Craneium - enjoy the vacation

Rest day.  Although I was up at 5am and again at 6am with GI problems, not that you needed to know that....so I was tired this morning.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Me, three.  

Erika - you going to get your DH to find us another great house for the Twin Cities weekend? 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

me four

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

me five .....

As a special request for Tet:

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I've been there many times but sure missed the best time.

Hope you can come back sometime.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Wow!  Looks like the wimmin are gonna out live the men, thereby rule the world and gain control over the chaos and raised toilet seats.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

One up side to the bad cold is that the hot flashes have mysteriously disappeared.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that they don't reappear when the cold finally leaves.

Yeah, good luck with that one Sue! I'm still waking up several times a night. It sure is hard to wake up feeling rested...

Mary - another great picture! Is your hair naturally curly? It sure is pretty.

Sorry about your Garmin, Bill. Wow - that was a new one, too. Is there a warranty?

Two jobs a day now, huh Holly? You are amazing, and I sure hope you have a good support system at home. The house should be spotless and your DH and kids should be cooking dinner for YOU.

Glad to see Enke posting again - nice run today.

Deb - good for you for getting some extra zzzz's. It sounds like they were needed.

This morning when I was out running, I saw my favorite school crossing guard - first time since December. He must be in his 70's or 80's, and he sure is a flirt! Always says the same thing, and he always makes me smile:

"sweetheart, if you left the house earlier every day, you wouldn't have to run."

wildchild

Carolyn

Wow!  Looks like the wimmin are gonna out live the men, thereby rule the world and gain control over the chaos and raised toilet seats.

Actually I hope I go before my DH - 90% of the stuff in our house and garage and workshop are his, and if he goes first, I have no idea what I'd do with it all.  Luckily he's thin and worries more about healthy eating than I do!  

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I Can Go The Distance

I hate to burst all you wimmin's bubble but you are fogetting about Ribs, who is going to outlive you all. Long Live the King!!!

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

evanflein

Carolyn, that's funny. Reminds me of what my mom says. My dad is a total packrat and the garage and shed are just full of his junk. Really full. My parents and I were looking at the shed a couple summers ago, she looks at him, then looks at me and says "I go first."

Add me to the group with spouses who just don't seem to be motivated to stick with anything. Mine will go to the gym for awhile, and we do try to watch what we eat... but then he loses interest in the gym, or lets work stuff crowd it out (we'll plan to go together, and when I call to say I'm on my way to pick him up he'll say "you just go without me, I've got too much going on."), and he'll bring home bags of chips and crap. Bleh. Drives me nuts.

Jlynne, that is one seriously cute baby.

Holly, no plans for Twin Cities, actually. I'd love to, but can't commit. I do like October marathons, though!

4 miles at lunchtime, treadmill at the gym, 35:00 for 8:45 avg pace. Started at about 9 m/m the first mile, then random intervals of .15 to .3 mile at 8:27 to 8:20 pace, then back down to 9 for .2 recovery... lather, rinse, repeat. Helped the time go by. Legs tired so a day in the pool tomorrow, but foot feels better than it's felt in ages. Yay!

Hi friends -- tired and no motivation here tonight --- had a great workout tuesday -- treadmill run, core strength class, swim then had a couple of crazy nights at work ......... the highs and lows of labor and delivery are draining yet inspiring!!   had church and prayer group this morning after working the last 2 nights so only slept a few hours this afternoon - staying in my pj's tonight and hoping to get some extra rest

bill - hope you get your new garmin soon -- they sent me a refurbished one when mine died and it's been great

mary - awesome picture - you look great!!

jlynne - baby Will looks so adorable!!

holly/erika -- soup sounds wonderful right now -- wish i had a pot cooking - both taco and chicken noodle soup would be great right now -- cant seem to get this chill out of my body tonight!

on the hubby issue -- mine wont eat right or exercise yet manages to keep his weight in check -- grrrrr -- at least all his cardio workups came out negative after his passing out episode last month

cny - think i'm going to sign up for the half at hampton too -- maybe we can meet up for a bit before or after the race!

erika - glad your foot is feeling better!

tramps - hope that hamstring loosens up soon

perch - glad to hear the knee is rehabbing nicely!

might relax with my trek manual tonight - cant wait to learn how to ride this bike!!

oops -  just looked at our intrepid races thread and realized it's coastwalker not cnyrunner signed up for the 1/2 at hampton ..... jay - maybe we can meet up at the ashworth - will you hang out at the post-race party a bit?

denise

SteveP

me five .....

As a special request for Tet:

SaWeet

4.2 dog induced miles

SteveP